1991 BMW 318is M60b40/6 Speed Project - $7500 - MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 BMW 318is M60b40/6 Speed Project - $7500 - MD

For sale is a 1991 BMW 318is with an M60b40/420g 6 speed swap PROJECT. The car does start briefly with starting fluid as no fuel as been ran. Stating the obvious, the car is not finished but have most of the components including a lot of the required custom parts. Essentially the engine/trans was placed in and loosely wired up to start. This would be great for someone with time looking for a spring project. A lot of the guess work has already been completed and its more of someone taking the time to button up everything. Frank from garageaholic makes a complete step by step guide to help. Please read all information below before commenting or messaging. I am asking $7500 for the car/swap kit/parts complete. Located in Elkton, Maryland. PHOTOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4RvoHoKtwLyAN7TV7

The shell: I bought the 1991 318is as a complete car, drove it for a few miles and pulled the m42. It is a solid car with great bones. The doors/fenders were swapped in from another car before my ownership as well as having the battery box repaired. The car is free of rust/rot as far as I can see. There was a previous repair on the passenger quarter panel at the bottom. It is mostly complete besides a rear bumper cover, needing a new windshield and a few other misc bits. Overall, it is a solid shell that could use some minor body work and paint. Same goes for the interior, it is mostly complete. It is missing, door panels, some switches, and a few other misc. things buttoned up. As far as the swap goes, I have swapped the steering column to a non-airbag column to work with the Wilwood pedal set up. I have also lightly massaged the trans tunnel which is required.

Swap kit: I purchased the drivetrain from someone who had it in a similar 91 318is for about 5000 miles and a got the itch for more power so I bought drivetrain. This is great because all of the small engine modifications are already done and ready to go such as the oil filter bracket, and cooling passage modifications on the back of the engine. I also have videos of the car running before past owner removed.

- M60b40 - timing chain, guides, valley pan gasket, and various other seals done around 5k miles ago.
    - Getrag 420g 6 speed - single mass flywheel/clutch kit
    - custom selector rod and shifter linkage
    - 2.93 LSD
    - custom driveshaft shortened and balanced
    - headers are on it currently that the previous owner made, new modified x5 headers included with V band
    - Wilwood pedal assembly with bracket (new)
    - Gargastic boosterless bracket plate with plumbing kit (new)
    - 3x Wilwood master cylinder kits
    - custom power steering lines made
    - misc cooling hoses, lines, expansion tank, beauty cover, etc. are included
    - 4x IS basketweave wheels
    Off the top of my head on what needs done to drive:
    -fuel pump, wiring and lines
    -pedal assembly installed and brake lines ran
    -a radiator and cooling hoses plumbed
    -driveshaft, diff and shifter installed
    -engine wiring buttoned up
    -subframe reinforced (recommended)
    -throttle cable

Thank you. If you have any questions please let me know.​

sold for asking price

Comment