Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 M5 FS. S38 donor car/Parts/Project. $5k obo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 M5 FS. S38 donor car/Parts/Project. $5k obo.

So sadly my plans to part off my e30 stuff to fund the M5 has been spoiled. I have taken a job offer in LA and am forced to sell my pride and joy. I am sad to see it go, but I know it is for the best and there will be another one in the future.

So to the details. There is really a lot to cover in detail so I will give you some key points and a few pics to get an idea of what you are dealing with. If you are seriously interested, PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can discuss the car in detail.

1991 US spec M5
    141,706 miles
    Alpine white with dove grey interior
    Almost complete and original.
    Missing factory rear bumper (has standard e34 bumper in place)
    Self leveling rear suspension has been swapped out for Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs
    Stock lights upgraded with mint euro ellipsoids
    Alpine head unit
    Sony Xplode rear speakers
    Replica ACS shift knob, parking brake handle and pedal set

Things that are a plus:
    Brand new never installed Sachs oem clutch kit inlcuded
    5 factory M-system wheels with turbine covers
    new oil pump, rod bearings, fuel pump, sending unit all installed with few miles on them
    clean ca title
    new rear sub frame bushings never been installed

Things that bring the price down:
    Car was in an accident and sustained unibody damage. (was repaired but quite poorly in my opinion)
    interior could use refurbishing
    engine starts but runs rough
    transmission has 2nd gear syncros failing

This by no means covers all the details of the car. I planned on restoring it however must sell for reasons mentioned above. It would honestly be a very good candidate for a donor car though. The bottom end is sorted. I would recommend upgrading the timing chain tensioner to the s50 type, but the internals of the engine should be solid. I have not fully diagnosed the drivability issue, however it is missing on one cylinder and I believe it to be in the ignition system. That means if you pick up the car. Pull the motor and sell the rest of the parts you should have more then enough to replace all the outside little things and have a solid running s38 for your e30 or what ever car you decide to put it in. On the other hand you may decide to restore a clean title e34 M5!

Here is a picture of the car when I was driving it regularly. The ACS type 2 wheels are no longer available. Car has current registration in california but is registered non op at the moment.

I am located in North San Diego County, CA.

Cheers,

Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpecRaceM5; 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM.

Too bad your west coast. E34 M5's are tits!
    09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
    05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
    87 BMW 325is
    a few bicycles

Comment

Wow if you were on the east coast I would be all over this. Good luck with the sale!

Was it hit up front?
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

man the timing sucks swap mortos and go with 338is but I am close to A house so I have not seen much computer use..

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I really need to get this thing gone by the end of June. As for the accident, it happened before I got the car, but it looks like it hit a curb with the back wheel and then tapped the front and back on something lightly. All the body panels are original with matching vins, but some of them probably should have been replaced instead of patched.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Bump. $4500 OBO?

Comment

Wow, if my car had sold last month like it was supposed to I would buy this and ship it. This is exactly what I was looking for, timing sucks! Any more pictures of it?
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I love e34 m5's GLWS I love the way it looks with the wheels. If I had the money I would buy those too.
                sigpic

Comment

If I understand correctly, shipping a car should cost in the $800 range. I would be willing to deduct up to that much off the original price if someone out of state is serious.

Thanks for the compliments. I will try and get some more pics up this weekend. Like I said, this is really tough on me, but I need to get some cash together before July so I can have a smooth transition into LA. I know it is for the best, and hopefully next year I'll be back on my feet and in the market for another M5. Maybe this time even a touring!

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

more pictures? i am intrested and would do shipping, mind getting me a quote to 53022?

Comment

is the car a pic's of the motor. PM me pic's
                      Last edited by bmw335isturbo; 05-22-2009, 09:02 PM.

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmw335isturbo View Post
                        is the car a man or auto pic's of the motor.
                        If you have to ask that you don't want this car.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I saw this one about two weeks ago. Hope she goes to a good home.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

im actually pretty interested, was wondering if your in LA or gonna be making a trip to LA soon. also does the car have maintenance records and what not?

Comment

I will get some pics up tomorrow or Monday.

The car is, like all M5's with the exception of the new SMG, a manual transmission.

I honestly have never shipped a car before but I can look into it and get back to you.

I go to school in Ontario and can come out to LA most days if I have a little notice in advance. However the car cannot be driven up there in the state it is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X