Clear All

I pm'd you. Is it still up for sale?

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

A helpful review from a bf.c member...

Originally posted by Greenfield
        Somebody should buy this e28, and soon.

I just drove this 535is last Sunday, and it is VERY tight. With the exception of the rear windows (probably something simple from the rear windows having not been used in a while,) everything electric works...OBC, power seats, all functions of the sunroof, etc. The car drives tight and strong, the engine just pulls cleanly through the gears and throttle openings..no shakes, no hesitations or stumbles, just get up and go. I brought a friend of mine who knows nothing about BMWs along for the test drive, and he was really impressed with how strong the engine felt. In fact, with the upgraded front end bushings, this 535is feels tighter than my 323, and I have spent $$$illy money trying to button down my e21.

The brakes are from an e34 with vented rotors on the rears, and when you throw out the anchor this e28 just stops! The ABS is immediate, and the car barely dives, even from a 50mph to dead stop panic stop.

Clutch is 20k miles new, and with the short shift kit the stick just snicks in and out through the gears...could use the bushings replaced in the linkage, but still a very positive shift with no graunching, or wrong slotting.

I've owned a few BMWs and my last e28 was an m20'd 528e, so this was my first real flogging of a strong running m30...wow. The engine just pulls. There are NO squeaks, rattles, or groans from the body even around south Jersey's streets. That being said, you will have to let some metal in to the pedal box, and passenger footwell. Also, the spare tire well needs a patch..

Cosmetically, I love the faded blue paint! Hell, I loved the flat blue hood with the euro headlights, and the deep IS chin spoiler.. Real sleeper look.

I would have taken the car home with me that morning (I drove up from DC at 5 in the morning!), except for the quote that I received for the cost of rust repairs to my 323.. I am moving in 8 weeks as well, and I had to choose between repairing the rust on my e21, or picking up Jay's e28, and... My 323 needs chassis legs, damnit!

Very strong 535is. Jay is a nice guy with a lot of knowledge about the car, and alot of money in it, as well.

Jay, thanks for showing me the car, and best of luck. I know that an enthusiast like you will take it off your hands soon. Your asking price is spot on.

Somebody grab this 535IS...

Comment

Working...
        X