Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 BMW 325is GroundControl/Koni/Recaro etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 BMW 325is GroundControl/Koni/Recaro etc..

Sold

As the title states, looking to sell this little dude. Here are the specs:

-8/89 build, no airbag ever, 5spd ~160k miles
    -Alpine CD / Infinity Speakers
    -Recaro SRD driver / SE passenger
    -Z3 2.8 L shift lever, UUC shift carrier bushing, plastic knob (leather fell apart)
    -rsheiring shift level boot and e brake boot / Jordan's used E36 leather ebrake handle
    -euro ellips high / us ellips lows
    -Perfect & straight silver weaves, with caps and new emblems, and 205/60-14 ES100s
    -GC plates w/ revised needle bearings, 500/650 rates, GC RSMs
    -RTRS rear trailing and subframe bushings
    -IE motor mounts, BW tranny mounts
    -CSB / guibo done in 2005
    -Timing belt, 40K rebuilt head, etc. etc. replaced in 2004 at 124K
    -turner SS brake lines
    -ATE discs in front / HP+ front
    -no tar in trunk
    -ANSA exhaust and broken rear muffler hanger mount
    -removed antenna
    -Super blue brake fluid, Redline tranny fluid, Redline in the diff, Mobil1 5w-30 in the block
    -Clutch fan delete w/ E36 temp switch mod and Turner clutch nut coolest 10$ PART EVER or w/e
    -Fully functioning cluster with correct miles (161k~)
    -Lower mileage AFM replacement from Guten Parts (2 months ago)
    -new temp sender switch
    -new thermostat and gasket
    -new Duralast battery
    -properly mounted and cut Vulva lip, also comes with standard i lip
    UPDATED 4/29 per Heeter
    -When the timing belt was done in 2004, all the heater hoses were replaced – so the rear ones would not go out at the track. Along with T-stat, PS belt, etc March 2004, 120,229 miles.
    -8mm spark plug wires
    -17# S50 injectors (4-pintle)
    -TreeHouse Racing eyeball arms
    -rubber fuel lines have been replaced – under hood in 2007, some in 2004 and the others by the tank in 2008, the fuel tank was replaced in 2006/2007? with a good used one.
    -Speedware and Wedge Engineering low brackets ($110 and $125 each or so)
    -front subframe replaced along with the oil pan with good used parts, with Turner subframe reinforcements welded in.

Things to be addressed:
    -Fan only works on highest setting. I just never got around to messing with it
    -Muffler rattles against the rear valence, one of the metal hangers broke off. Needs to be spot welded back on
    -Rip in the taint area of the Recaro SRD
    -Mtech1 steering wheel has some flaking on the left hand side, needs new emblem
    -Couple cracks in the dash in the common spots. Not bad though. I've had and seen much worse
    -Some rust on the rear valence, back side. While we're at it, rear valence is a bit wavy, but its so dumped in the rear you cant tell really
    -Driver side front Koni adjustable is blown
    -Needs diff mount bushing
    -Some scratches and a couple little dings that can be pulled
    -A/C doesnt work. Havent even touched it, no clue whats wrong. Probably simple.
    -Needs some wax love to bring out the shine again. Has some flaking clear coat on the fenders
    -Needs more GC needle bearings. Ive never been able to keep a set of these fuckers more than a few months without them essploding on me. Whatever. Doesnt effect driving

Updated 4/29
    Car comes extra with:
    Rear rotors, good used fan clutch and blades, ambient temp sensor from Red Rocket Labs (gg), and a hefty coating of pollen and dust from leaving the sunroof open at work during the day.

This car is track worthy and road worthy. Pulls hard, really smooth. Rides like its on rails. Ive been driving this car back and forth to work. I have a spare E30 I'm working on, and another project car, and a new house, and some business ventures. Just looking for cash. Was going to give it to my step dad so he can give the M5 a break from the track, but he bought a fucking Mini Cooper. Smh. Anywho.

$3,000 or best reasonable offer
    Located in downtown Nashville, TN.
    PM or Email works for me. Willing to drive half to meet someone maybe. Title in hand. Wouldnt hesitate to drive this car across country. I brought it home from Indianapolis in the dead of winter after it had been hibernating and its been pretty much flawless in my ownership. If you've seen me post about my shit, or seen pictures of my shit, or know me. I dont fuck around when it comes to my vehicles. Everything is as described and in good working shape within reason for a 20 year old car.

I dont have any spectacular shots of this car other than phone pictures. More pictures upon request. Here are some photos from its lifetime. Some more recent than others.

Heeter

Winter mode

Last edited by scabzzzz; 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM.

Miles? And if this is still for sale in like 3 weeks, I will be very interested, probably coming up to check it out.
    -Doug

Comment

trades?
      Current:1995 :540i--m60+6speed+bunch of other goodies(supercharged) hehe
      1995 525i-5, new winterbeater/DD
      In the past
      1987 300sdl(winterbeater/DD)
      1990 325iS caged and m50ed plus a whole bunch of other stuff!
      1995 540i-6 speed oxford over parchemnt
      1990 BMW 325i(s)Brillantrot with black int
      1995 Audi A6 5speed
      1991BMW750il

Comment

damn i wish i had 3k, i live in clarksville and im looking for another e30 since i flipped mine..

Comment

No trades.
          I also want to mention that the hood on the car needs to ultimately be replaced. Its got a place on the front that is almost rusted through. About a quarter inch. Its been touched up with paint but the hood is rusty. Its the worst part of the car.
          But hey, its an OEM looking track rat. And for 3 grand, you're getting your moneys worth.

Comment

Bump

The downpour washed the car this past weekend.

Comment

"Rip in driver seat in the taint area"....lmao

Bump for a local.

Check out TNEuros.com

-Rob
              Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Any more pics of the interior and of the rust hole on the hood?

And how far would you be willing to drive? It is about 6 and half hours for me to Nashville, but I would want to get a local to check the car out for me first (no offense or anything, just want a third party opinion).
                -Doug

Comment

that ride height looks all kinds of fucked up. you and heeter must have set it when you were drunk.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by e30bmw View Post
                    Any more pics of the interior and of the rust hole on the hood?

And how far would you be willing to drive? It is about 6 and half hours for me to Nashville, but I would want to get a local to check the car out for me first (no offense or anything, just want a third party opinion).
                    Its hailing and storming outside today.
                    Id be willing to drive a few hours out I suppose. Keep in mind, I'll have 2 gas tickets to pay for just to do it though. Someone has to follow me.

Feel free to contact someone to come check it out.

This has been a track car. Expect things to be dirty and not perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                      "Rip in driver seat in the taint area"....lmao

Bump for a local.

Check out TNEuros.com

-Rob
                      Im on there..
                      Didnt you come out and see the car on saturday?
                      Wanna provide your take on the condition and how it drives?

Comment

^^ you talkin about the GPO BBQ? Ya i was there...dont recall seeing the car though...sorry

PM for information

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                          ^^ you talkin about the GPO BBQ? Ya i was there...dont recall seeing the car though...sorry
                          Oh gotcha. Thought you were another guy, who is from KY that came out. I didnt know there was a BBQ thanks for the invite GPO guys :nice:

Comment

Well if you were on TNEuros you would have seen it in the Events n GTG's section....or the nashville regional section...see you should check the site more

PM for information

Comment

Heres a few more photos I just took since it stopped raining. The hood is the worst part of the rust on the car that I've found.

This looks like a hood bump stop with JB weld smeared around it and painted. Looks tacky, but doesnt leak. In fact, the trunk doesnt leak at all that I've seen. See below for the pictures after a massive southern hail/wind/rain storm for the past week. NO water in the trays.

Wavy valence, starting to rust on one side. Salvagable

This looks worse than it is. No rot, just surface gritty rusty residue on the trunk panels. I bought the trunk panels seperate and they had a little rusty residue on them. Metal is fine.

Clear coat peeling on the fender on the passenger side, some on the door as well by the trim.

Mileage.

Better shot of the Volvogina lip.

Comment

Working...
                              X