BMW 1987 325IS - DC Metro Area $2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 1987 325IS - DC Metro Area $2500

Well as it turns out I have to sell a good car that was going to be a fun project.

This car has been well maintained. It was maintained by Autoy, Inc. and AutoWerke, Inc. in Rockville, MD. I have documents from as far back as 4 years I believe, with timing belts, tires, serpentine belts, inspections, plugs and wires, etc etc. Mechanically this car is in great condition and the I6 motor is stronger than ever.

Body. The passenger sides has a few dents, but they look like they can be pulled out which I may try with my dent puller kit when I have time. The tires have a substantial amount of tread on them. The car could use a good polish and wax, or a general detail.

Issue:

Sometimes the Check panel box tells me that my brake light is out or that I need oil. However when I check, none of the alerts seem to be a problem.

Rear Shock mount was recommended for replacement.

The interior is great (no dash cracks) with exception of the drivers seat. It could use some love.

The odometer does not work for whatever reason, but everything else does.

Sometimes you have to try and start the car twice in the morning (this seems to be a common issue with the e30's)

The AC needs to be recharged.

the car has 230k on it, however during the past 4 years it was not driven more than 4k or so.

I think that is it. Any questions let me know, if you know anyone who is looking let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rogue; 07-23-2010, 06:07 AM.

This can't be an 87 unless it had the valances done and the rear tail lights...and then the diving boards were re-installed?!

Can you check the tag on the door sill?
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I will double check the title tonight.

Comment

Yeah, that is an 88.

Daggu, Nice avatars
        Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

OHHHH.. nice..

Comment

To fix the odo you have to swap in a new gear, relatively easy to do. The gear becomes brittle with age and essentially disintegrates, leaving you with no odometer.

Comment

ahh ok... can it be bought separately?

Comment

yes, Suggestion spend a Saturday washing and detailing it then set out to some decent areas to snap photos of the and use them to sell it.

Dc craigslist and e30tech and BFc are some other places to sell it quick.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

yea... I was planning to do that this weekend. I think it could us e a good polish.

Comment

Trade for an E36?

Buy My Car

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

you mind if I come take a look at it? Im also in the land of mary as you described it