Wanted E30 3 series Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted E30 3 series Chicago

Yes i am a noob, now since we have gotten that out of the way..

I have always wanted a e30 m3 i think it is the best car ever made, however i cannot afford one so what i hear and read is the next best thing is a 325.

Compared to the m3 from you exerience is the 325 close to the power, the handling, and the fun to drive.

Also, when it comes to acceleration, power, and fun how does the 318 compare to the 325

What i want is a 325, coupe, manual a MUST, hopefully black, and id prefer the engine and trans to be very wall mainainted.

$4000 to spend, it would be my dream to own an e30, i hope i get one...

thanks for you help and opinions

dude I have the car you want.. 1991 318is that has a fresh new paint job, all new brakes/rotors, trans mounts and complete tune up.. I am in downtown Chicago..
    Last edited by sonnyqm3; 07-28-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Definitely have been on that page for the last hour, unfortunately im not so excited about the power it has, but again i could be wrong, how is the torque on that car? how is it to drive, the paint is fantastic ( wish it was black but still sick) again, i hope some people can give me their opinions, you do fantastic work btw so i truly bleive its a nice car.

Comment

Its a nice DD to be honest but if you are looking for power than this a great car to do a swap.. I know a guy who has a s52 thats ready to be installed into an e30..

I am a euro s50b32 fanatic so to me anything less than that is slow. lol

Comment

No not looking for power, i want a DD but have fun once in a while and i think a 325 would be better i dont know if youve seen the 87 M-Tech1 for sale, its a four door, but looks beyond sick, so i dont know yet, i have been looking for so long that my brain is turned into mush.

Comment

np man I hope you find what wil make you happy. you can come view my car whenever you like..

Comment

from your experience how is it compared to the e30 m3??? the fun to drive part?? and how much more work would this car need, or money?

Comment

Originally posted by VoskaOhrid View Post
                from your experience how is it compared to the e30 m3??? the fun to drive part?? and how much more work would this car need, or money?
                first of all I am an e30 m3 fanatic so I cant compare any car to the m3. lol. the m3 is one of my all time favorite cars. The s14 is just high reving 4 cyl that will creep up on most cars but I am all about the s50b32 cause that engine in the e30 m3 is just amazing.. a nicely modded and tuned s50b32 in a me can run low 12's and maybe high 11's in a qtr mile..

The 318is is just a nice DD and this car has the right set up so it handles very well.. come drive it and see how you like it.

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyqm3 View Post
                    first of all I am an e30 m3 fanatic so I cant compare any car to the m3. lol. the m3 is one of my all time favorite cars. The s14 is just high reving 4 cyl that will creep up on most cars but I am all about the s50b32 cause that engine in the e30 m3 is just amazing.. a nicely modded and tuned s50b32 in a me can run low 12's and maybe high 11's in a qtr mile..

The 318is is just a nice DD and this car has the right set up so it handles very well.. come drive it and see how you like it.
                    hey, do you have a craigslist ad? i'm a little bit interested, myself...

Comment

Compared to the m3 from you exerience is the 325 close to the power, the handling, and the fun to drive.

Also, when it comes to acceleration, power, and fun how does the 318 compare to the 325

can anyone answer me those PLEASE?

Comment

have you ever actually driven an e30m3? They are not really that fast in a straight line.

IMO the 325i with a good running b25 could out run an m3 in a straight line, but the m3 is better suited to the twists given both are stock.

I had a 318i m42 car before my 325is and the 325 is much faster, pulls much harder than the 318 did. The m42 is a fun little engine that likes it in the upper rev range, and it gets great MPG if driven properly.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                        HSAX Instructor

Comment

Working...
                        X