1991 318is Slicktop M50 Swap - $3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is Slicktop M50 Swap - $3500

Up for sale is my 318is. Some of you have seen it, but here's the run down.

I purchased the car at 130k or so which was 2005 and have daily driven it since. I did the motor swap in 2007 which was 166k. This was also when odometer stopped working(as all e30's do) which was also when I did the motor swap. This was 3 years ago and has been daily driven since then. Yes the odometer worked after the swap for some time, so its not related. The car is sterling silver with a tan interior with black side panels. Between a head for the m42, suspension, and the m50 swap I have around 9k in receipts since ownership. I've tried my best to maintain the car, but I'm got a 70 mile a day commute and I can't give it the attention it deserves while daily driving it, and I've already got a project car, I can't keep another. $3200 obo, feel free to ask questions. The car is located in covington, but I commute to bellevue everyday, so I can meet wherever.

The Good:
    -m50, works great as a daily driver
    -ground control coilover conversion with camber plates(had on a year now)
    -Borbet H's with 225's in the rear and 205's in the front
    -No rust
    -tinted windows and tails with mhw rep front turns
    -Have extra m52(disassembled, had 130k)
    -Have extra getrag 260, starter and flywheel
    -supersprint rep headers
    -2.5" exhaust w/ magnaflow high flow cat and flow through muffler
    -When I did the swap new waterpump and gaskets
    -Also new bosch coils(were put in last week)
    -has almost all parts leftover from the m42, so wouldn't be hard to swap it back if interested
    -have the parts to put the ac back in
    -set of snow tires with only 2 years on them
    -Has an IS lip with splitter

The bad:
    -was swiped in Snoqualmie pass a few years ago, has new bumper from it, but its diamondschwarz and not silver, no damage besides that and a dimple above the tail light
    -needs diff bushing(have the bushing, just needs to be installed)
    -doesn't like idling, it gets lopey and tries to die, but at 1000rpm's its perfectly fine, and i've been daily driving it this way for about 3 months and still getting good mileage
    -motor has around 220k on it, doesn't burn oil, and never has been compression tested
    -tranny and diff whine a bit around 80mph when you start to let off the throttle, its a getrag 240, and still has a small case 4.10 open diff
    -dirty under the hood from daily driving during the winters in the snow
    -dash lights stopped working

And now a few pictures

And one of before the damage was repaired to show the extent of damage.
    Last edited by 318isbmw; 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM.

Good Deal for M50 Slicktop

Comment

Working...
    X