Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 stock 325 tons of $ invested

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Hi,
    Things changed and I have my clean and original 3-owner California e30 for sale. I bought the car two years ago and worked on to make it like new. Over $5000 invested, not including labor.The car is in amazing shape mechanically, but needs paint.

Here is the summary:
    -Cirrus Blue on Blue interior, all original -- no rust and accident free.
    -Serviced 10K miles ago ( timing belt, valve adjustment, fluids, belts, etc)
    -New clutch, shifter components and transmission seals ( original clutch was slipping, but lasted 165K!!!).
    -New driveshaft, exhaust system, cooling system ( including radiator, fan clutch, water pump, all the hoses, heater valve and heater core), and ignition system.
    -Suspension was updated with new Bilstein Shocks ( original BMW shocks were weak, as expected at 165K), newer control arms and bushings, new sway bar links.
    -Fresh synthetic oil,new Michelin Pilot tires and brake pads. + Much more, please follow the link below to see more detailed description and photos.

Asking $4000.
    Thanks,
    Max

Attached Files
    Last edited by mxl556; 01-08-2013, 12:16 AM.

Max, the forum classifieds requires a price to be listed.

Comment

Looks like he is asking 4k per the link.
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
        Max, the forum classifieds requires a price to be listed.
        Sorry, the price is $4K, negotiable. I'd consider e36 parts as partial trades.

Thanks,
        Max

Comment

its clean, but its an eta. 165k is still a bit of mileage, although it makes a great selling point that everything has been refurbished, the 4k asking should be Very negotiable. The eta here seems to last an expected 300k with a respectable owner so reliability should be no issue with this car. the aesthetics of it are what bring its value down here among the forums and other reasons. for the price asked you can typically find something with a bit of spirit to it. this not being even an m20b25 would make it very difficult for me to muster the asking price. we can all appreciate the care and maintenence this cars received, but there isnt much more to offer than that. my offer would be an adjusted price at 3200 - 2600 flexible might help move your sale along easier..

Comment

lol

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Low-ballllllllers... I'd say it's worth 3500-3800 to the right person, maybe more. It does look to be in excellent shape, regardless of mileage. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

it's worth every penny of asking price... just not on r3v.

Comment

seems about right to me

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. As far as price goes, this car is not a typical junky e30 you can get for $2000. I am basically selling you $5K worth of new parts installed for free for $1000 cheaper than the cost, and also include a free e30. Obviously it is far from profit making decision for me, but at this point I have other things to address which are more important than cars. And between me and my wife we have 3 cars, so I won't be taking a bus :)
                    Said all that, I can assure you that the price is firm. Buying this car for $4000 versus $1500 beater will save you hassles, time and $5K during the next two year or earlier. All these cars need the parts I replaced already. I am putting $600+ in brakes and tires in it next week! If you are planning an engine swap or some excessive mods, that this car is not for you, because pretty much everything I replaced will get swapped anyway. But if you want an original e30 which will last another 20 years, get mine and just spend couple thousand on paint. You'll end up with a new e30.
                    I can wait for a right buyer but I really want it to go to the enthusiast who will not trash the car. Or I will just keep it, it's reliable and done, I can probably live with ugly paint for a year or two...

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Max

Comment

Working...
                    X