Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: MTEC II 1990 325iS, 5-speed

SEE POST #50 FOR UPDATE...

Price drop: $12,000 including all parts mentioned...

Ok, so...

It appears that my parents may move back the to UK in a few months (I already go to Uni here in the UK).
    I may take my E30 back to the UK... or I may sell it. On one hand, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for the UK, and its a bit of a hassle. On the other, this car has nearly $30K into it over the past 6 years.

So, here's some specs:

-Built 6/89, 325iS, Lachsilber on black leather, 5-speed.
    Miles: ~155K, the odometer broke before I got it, spreadsheet of about -7K "unofficial" miles, I got the Odo. promptly fixed after buying.
    -The car has lived in FL almost its entire life (I believe Oklahoma around when it was bought), away from the coast, no rust that I've ever found.
    -Pretty much all docs since I've had it. I also have many original maintenance records from P.O.s

LIST OF MODS (may not be comprehensive, I may have forgot some):

Interior:
    Illuminated M3 shift knob
    E30 M3 rear seat, excellent condition (new seatbelt anchor backing plate has been welded in to ensure safety--M3 seatbelt placement is different)
    ///M Leather shift boot
    Rear headrests (not installed in M3 seat yet)
    Huper-Optik Ceramic 40% tint, recently installed
    Re-covered parcel shelf in black
    Bavauto custom "325iS" black floormats
    Bavauto adjustable cupholder, passenger side
    Alcantara black headliner, not installed, but can be included

Exterior:
    Genuine MTEC2 bodykit, all brand new, except side pods (lightly used), and the rear spoiler is Kopi ABS replica, as it was NLA new.
    Almost all exterior trim is new, including seals.
    Repainted this year (Lachsilber Metallic, original colour, nicest DuPont paint), bodykit and new trim installed. (About $10K spent on respray, bodykit, and parts alone. Paint looks stunning)
    Hella Smoked Smileys
    Philips 6000K HIDs
    MHW smoked tails
    Euro grilles, smoked kidneys

ICE:
    Alpine CDA-9831
    US Amps IS2150 x2, on removable shelf
    SoundSplinter RL-P 12" sub (SQL sealed enclosure)
    eDi 6500 6.5" comps, door mounted in custom fibreglass pods
    XM ready
    Clifford top-level remote alarm system

Suspension/Brakes:
    H&R sport springs
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    M3 offset bushings on new control arms
    Offset front upper strut mounts
    E46 M3 convertible rear shock mounts
    Heavy duty skid plate
    Urethane rear subframe bushings
    Urethane trailing arm bushings
    ATE powerdiscs up front, Axxis Ultimate pads all round
    Sparco front strut bar
    Ronal LS (15x7.5”) wheels

Engine:
    Engine rebuilt about 15K miles ago, after rocker arm broke.
    New rocker arms, new rod bearings
    Professional Port and Polish, intake and exhaust
    Schrick 284/272 cam, with high performance springs
    Jim Conforti chip, custom tuned by Active Autowerks to optimize idle and power
    K&N high flow filter element
    Flywheel shaved to ~12lbs.
    Used 4.10 LSD
    AC system COMPLETELY rebuilt, runs ice cold

Page 3 of the pics (scroll down):

I have only driven the car for 1 week between getting it painted and going back to Uni. Hence the lack of pics. Also, the front windows will be re-tinted (tint got taken off at body shop).

This car has been fastidiously maintained, inside and out; in my opinion, the modifications are both tasteful, and almost all are functional too. Steve Johnson, owner of Cars and Concepts in Tampa FL (who owns several E30 M3s himself), said “this is one of my favourite E30s that I’ve driven”.
    I’m happy to answer any questions about the car. Again, this is just to gauge interest, and to see how much people might be willing to offer for such a fine non-///M example.
    Last edited by sweetride01; 10-02-2011, 07:41 AM. Reason: Price Update
    Moving sale: Everything Must Go!
    FS: 2001 740iL Sport, low mileage..... SOLD
    FS: 1990 Mtec II 325iS, $12,0K OVNO
    FS: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi..... SOLD

FS: New Rieger lip, lachsilber metallic (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)
    FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Extreme 325iS (well, slowly getting there, anyway)......
    Almost too many mods to list ;-)

I am interested at $6000
    sigpic

Comment

when you decide on a price let me know, I have a customer who maybe interested.
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Oh man DO WANT wont have any E30 Cash till summer or late spring. So I cant add anything of real value other than to help you out with this

Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
          when you decide on a price let me know, I have a customer who maybe interested.
          Thanks... I'll keep that in mind

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Oh man DO WANT wont have any E30 Cash till summer or late spring. So I cant add anything of real value other than to help you out with this
          :-D Thanks

I can't promise that the car will go up for sale, as I do have a bit of an attachment to the car (I'm sure most of you understand), and given the exchange rate, there's not that many super-sweet cars in the UK for that price.
          However, I have to think practically, and if the price is right, I would have to consider the impact the money might have once I finish Uni in a year (hopefully!)... so, I'm open to serious interest, if the price is right, but I can't currently promise a sale...

Sorry for not being decisive right now... I should be able to give a better idea around Christmas when I go back to FL for a few weeks...

Cheers

FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Comment

I'm local (Bradenton, 45 minutes away) and very interested. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully when you post a price, I'll be able to snatch this up..

Keep in mind, I currently own a 1991 318is which is in pristine condition, as well as a 2001 325xi Touring. BMW's are my passion, and I'd love to check this one out. I'd much rather sell to an enthusiast than random craigslister.

Beautiful car..
            My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
              I'm local (Bradenton, 45 minutes away) and very interested. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully when you post a price, I'll be able to snatch this up..

Keep in mind, I currently own a 1991 318is which is in pristine condition, as well as a 2001 325xi Touring. BMW's are my passion, and I'd love to check this one out. I'd much rather sell to an enthusiast than random craigslister.

Beautiful car..

Yea, quite right about that! It won't be going on Cragslist
              Do you ever go to any meets? Perhaps we could meet up at the end of the month if you're around, if not to buy cars then at least to talk about them!

Comment

I went to fixxfest, and it was a total VW circle jerk... never seen so many GTI's in my life. Other than that, never been to any other meets. I'll be out of state at the end of the month.. but I'd be down for a Tampa meet.
                My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

$6000? What a clown. The guy's got five times that much invested in it and probably would be hard pressed to let it go for twice your offer. OP, glws but keep in mind money spent on mods are to be considered pretty much gone unless you have the heart to break the car.

Comment

i'd take it back and use it as a ring toy :)
                    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                    '91 SpecE30 #523
                    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

How much????

More pics of the inside (engine bay too) please :)

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                        I went to fixxfest, and it was a total VW circle jerk... never seen so many GTI's in my life. Other than that, never been to any other meets. I'll be out of state at the end of the month.. but I'd be down for a Tampa meet.
                        Yea, the Vdub guys are a bit like that. And they all drive GTIs. Wierd. I'll let you know if I find a good meet to meet at...

Originally posted by gasgasrider View Post
                        $6000? What a clown. The guy's got five times that much invested in it and probably would be hard pressed to let it go for twice your offer. OP, glws but keep in mind money spent on mods are to be considered pretty much gone unless you have the heart to break the car.
                        Hey, you said it, not me... guess they missed the bit on "spent 10K this year on bodykit and paint"... oh well, who wouldn't want an E30 for cheap? And yeah, you're right, I would lose money for sure, but I feel the paintjob was money well spent in terms of saleability, and should (with the Mtec kit) put it up there with the M3s...

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                        i'd take it back and use it as a ring toy :)
                        Hmm... fair point. There are some good circuits in the UK... and I have a black Stig Simpson helmet :-D

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                        How much????

More pics of the inside (engine bay too) please :)
                        Will get more pics up around Christmas when I'm home. Engine bay is clean but not on par with something you see at a Corvette show (but could be made that way, of course)...

Comment

This is gotta be one of the most beautiful e30 out there. How much power does the engine make with those mods?

Comment

Thanks, and good question. I only had it dynoed after I got the chip, and then it was about 180-185hp, iirc. From seat of the pants (ond some other evidence) I'd say that the cam and P/P added a good 20hp. I haven't driven the car since Active re-wrote the chip the other day, but I would expect a small power gain. So maybe 195-210hp I'm guessing.

The good thing about P&P and cams though is that I'm quite confident that doing things like exhaust, intake manifold, etc should result in quite reasonable gains. I'm pretty sure I even noticed that just the K&N high-flow drop-in filter seemed to affect high-rpm breathing...

Comment

What a car is worth and what someone put into it are two different things. Just because someone dumps 30k into a car doesn't mean it was a smart decision for resale. If they were keeping it and wanting to know that they had the best of the best, then by all means dump anything you want into it. When you go to sell its not going to bring near that.

I would price the car between $9k - $14k. The higher end of that being someone who REALLY appreciates quality work. But that's just me.
                              Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X