1991 BMW 318is - clean, original, and documented since day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 BMW 318is - clean, original, and documented since day 1

I've probably said that I'd hold onto this, but having gotten out of school with a new job, I have a burning desire for a clownshoe, and I'm just rather tired of playing with older cars... which is not to say that there is anything wrong with this one. I bought it in December when my 330 was totaled and have put about 4000 miles on the car since then. In fact, I put 3000 miles on it alone from Jan 1st to Feb 2nd. Not a single hesitation anywhere.

• 1991 318is, sunroof car, brilliantrot
    • 152k miles
    • 5sp, AC
    • Everything on it works
    • No leaks or strange noises
    • Interior is 8/10, with almost perfect seats- one crack in the dash and slightly dirty carpets that need a good steaming
    • Body is great from 5 feet away, but with a few dings and scratches normal for a 20 year old car. Shines up EXTREMELY well with a wax as you can see in the photos below
    • Only rust is a small spot under the battery tray (yeah yeah, it is a midwest car after all)
    • 2" folder with every single bit of maintenance or repair required, done at a suburban BMW dealership up until 2007. I counted about $20k of receipts that the first owner kept.

• This includes clutch, cooling system, front control arms, valve cover gasket, belts, hoses, brakes, and a huge myriad of other things on the car. I'll get everything scanned this week and posted, including a full test drive video of the car.

Mods and maintenance by me:

• JOM coilovers
    • Front strut mounts
    • Vibrant cat back exhaust
    • Water pump
    • Belts
    • Thermostat
    • Sway bar links and bushings and brackets

BBS RSs are not included. Car has stock basketweaves included with Bridgestones that have 80% tread. If you want the BBSs, they are an additional $1800.

I will be updating this thread all week with more photos and video and scans of the documents as I'm sure I forgot a few things.

Car and wheels have been spoken for tentatively.

video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by hexagone; 05-16-2011, 08:34 AM.

fine looking car, GLWS!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

pics with BBS?
      ^M52B28^

Comment

Originally posted by I*Do*Werke View Post
        pics with BBS?

Comment

Don't :/

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Oh man. Brake fans alone = sex.

What Abby said. :(

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

bumpero uno.

Comment

Pls email or post pics of the rust / dents, thanks: n_rrike@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by enrike View Post
                  Pls email or post pics of the rust / dents, thanks: n_rrike@yahoo.com
                  Will update with additional details this week.

Comment

Youll regret it.
                    Such a nice car.
                    sigpic

Comment

Definitely interested. Looking forward to seeing those additional pics.

Comment

Originally posted by danhx View Post
                        Definitely interested. Looking forward to seeing those additional pics.
                        Took an 18 minute long test drive video and walk around of the car yesterday. Unfortunately (depending how you look at it) I accidentally shot it in HD so I have to get it cut down a few minutes to fit on youtube.

Look for the video by the end of the day or tomorrow. It shows the car extremely well I feel.

Comment

lowered price!!!

need gone asap, as I just bought an M coupe

Comment

Originally posted by hexagone View Post
                            Took an 18 minute long test drive video and walk around of the car yesterday. Unfortunately (depending how you look at it) I accidentally shot it in HD so I have to get it cut down a few minutes to fit on youtube.

Look for the video by the end of the day or tomorrow. It shows the car extremely well I feel.
                            Thanks for going through the trouble, man. If I have any questions that aren't covered in the video, I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Beautiful. GLWS. If it had a black interior I'd be on a plane right now.
                              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                              X