NY: I think it's time to get into an E30. E36 for sale/trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY: I think it's time to get into an E30. E36 for sale/trade

I have a 94 E36 convertible with hardtop and bunch of bolt-on mods. Let me know if you're interested in more info/pics. Mechanic-owned and cared for. Soft-top is less than 2 years old. I am the second owner of the hardtop and 3rd owner of the car.

Mods:
    Cosmetic: Smoked tails, corners, & markers | HID Ellipsoids | HID Fogs | Style 68s | 20mm H&R Spacers | Trunk Lip | Hardtop | M-Side Molding | Matched Rockers & Bumpers | M-Tech Steering Wheel

Performance: Slotted & Drilled Rotors | Braided Brake Lines | aFe Intake | Magnaflow Cats | Rogue cat-back | Turner Chip | UUC Underdrive Pullies | UUC Front & Rear Swaybars | UUC/SACHS Stage 3 Suspension | AA Front Strut Bar | Nitto Invos | 3.23lsd

PROS:
    Mechanically the car runs flawlessly
    Synthetic oil changes every 3k-4k miles with 10-w30 or 0-w40
    Never beat on
    Constantly cleaned and inspected
    New soft top, rear window, headliner, and hardtop
    TONS of preventative maintenance
    -New Waterpump with metal impeller
    -New Hoses
    -New Thermostat
    -Aluminum T-Stat cover
    -New Radiator
    -Rebuild Fuel injectors
    -New Intake Manifold Gaskets
    -Cleaned IACV and Throttle body every 6 months
    -New IACV Hoses
    -Rebuild VANOS unit with new seals and O-Rings
    -New Valvecover Gasket
    Alarm & Remote start installed (2-Way Viper Responder) And yes, this remote start is legal even though this is a manual car. I can go into more detail if you'd like.
    Upgraded (E46) Front and Rear shock mounts with Z3 reinforcement plates on the rears.

CONS:
    Paint could use a refresh
    Typical dings
    Sounds like a pulley or belt tensioner will need replacing soon, no adverse affects yet. (I've driven many E36s in the past that sounded very very bad and they were more than fine, I'm just nuts with wanted everything running in top shape).
    Typical driver seat wear

That's about it really. If you'd like to see the car in person please don't hesitate to contact me.

PM me for email address.
    Pics below: Many more available upon request.

Looking to get into a newer car early next year or sooner if the offer is right.
    Over $5k was put into fixing up the car to look the way it does today with about 2/3 of it being towards preventative maintenance, none towards labor since it was all done by myself and my father. I know I'm not getting that money back, but just so the next owner knows that he/she really doesn't have much to do upon purchasing this car. It's basically a turn-key car, ready to go.

What do you guys think I could get for it?

Recent Pictures (Hardtop is back on and painted a set of staggered contours):

Last edited by LockDots; 12-08-2011, 08:38 PM.

Clean Vert. I would try to sell it and then buy an E30, most people here arent too fond of E36s
    sigpic

Comment

yeah I've noticed heh. Figured I'd give it a shot anyway. I need an E30 so bad :(

Comment

Pm sent...

Comment

replied

bump

Comment

Bump - Added interior pictures to original post

Comment

Bump with pictures to show what I started with and that I can bring a car back to life :)...

Comment

your just looking for an outright trade?

what kind of e30 are you looking for?

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

depends on the quality of the car. If it's something that's going to need a good amount of work i'd want money on top since mine's got a ton of work done to it (including motor/maintenance).

Mainly looking for a coupe or sedan, no verts. And a late model (plastic bumers), preferebly an iS.

Comment

I have an 87 325i with only 92k original miles. Its burgundrot and 5 speed. The car is super clean. I am located in Nazareth, PA. It would be best to text me PM for number.
                    THanks

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

what's that third window switch on the driver's side? also the switch directly to the right of the driver's side seat heater?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                        what's that third window switch on the driver's side? also the switch directly to the right of the driver's side seat heater?
                        Window switch that rolls all windows up or down at the same time and the switch next to the heated seat is to lower or raise the convertible top.

Comment

Neat. My friend had an E36 vert but I don't recall it having the all windows button, or a power top for that matter. He didn't have it very long before an old lady t-boned him though. Your car looks like it's in good shape, hope you get what you want out of it!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Bump

Added 4 new pictures at the top of the OP

Comment

GREAT looking vert without having to M it all out.
                              lay off the jock riding fan boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X