Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325i Convertible Alpine on Cardinal NICE

Sold

I hate to do this, but I have to sell my beloved 5- speed convertible to help me pay for school. I bought this car as a fun little restoration project and though I did most of the things I wanted to, I still haven't exactly finished it.

Don't get me wrong, it is in perfect running condition, runs and drives strong and smooth, and just passed smog with flying colors about 3 days ago which means it is ready for the next owner. I even had the valves adjusted yesterday.

Here are a few facts about the car:

This car does carry a salvage title due to the engine replacement that happened a few years ago. But I assure you, this car has never been in any sort of accident or hit in any way. I still carry all the original body parts because if you haven't noticed, I did a full plastic bumper conversion with nothing but Genuine BMW OEM parts. I must say, this car has really come a long way since I first purchased it.

-Front and Rear Plastic Bumpers with Late Model Front Valence
    -I went ahead and painted the rocker panels white as well to match the rest of the body. It looks so much better now.
    -The clutch is brand new
    -the starter is brand new
    -the timing belt is relatively new
    -the water pump is relatively new
    -the spark plugs are brand new
    -the tires are BRAND NEW! (205/50/16 all around)
    -the wheels are new to me, though I purchased them second hand (BBS RS Replica wheels (ESM 002 Staggered 16x9 and 16x7.5))
    -the iS lip is BRAND NEW
    -just as the fog lights are BRAND NEW
    -I also went ahead and put on a few nice BMW European parts like the bumper trim with no indicator lights and the rear plate filler.
    -I just changed the oil, oil filter and air filter 150 miles ago and the motor really purrs.

Everything works and drives as it should, with the exception of the RPM Guage. It does not react and I believe the problem to be within the coil/spark plug area since that is where the RPM reading comes from. It can very well be the cluster as well, so I haven't ruled that out.<br>

The convertible top has a tear in the rear plastic windshield and will need replacing, but a convertible is meant to be driven with the top down so that isn't such a big deal. Regardless, I want to fully disclose any problems with the car before you call me and ask more questions.

The suspension is stock but with replaced OEM units. All control arms are in perfect condition with no rips in the boots anywhere, there are NO LEAKS from under the car which is really nice as well.

I deleted the 3rd brake light by putting on a trunk from a coupe and it really cleaned up the look of the car.
    If I were to keep the car, I would refit the muffler to sit properly in the cutout of the rear valence and I would lower the car on Bilstein/H&R springs.

It rides and drives REALLY WELL for it's age and the fact that no really power modifications were done to it.

The chassis holds 203,xxx miles on it but the motor only holds about 97,xxx miles on it since it was replaced. The motor came from a 1991 325is and as per usual, the swap was professionally done and VERY well maintained.

Now for the best part, the interior. The car came from the factory with a very very rare interior color option. Cardinalrot Red. If you don't know your BMW E30's, this is the most sought after color combination ever. Not only that, but the front and rear seats have been reupholstered by the previous owner to absolute perfection ($1500 job). The only major blemish in this interior is one small crack in the dashboard which isn't even terrible, given it's location on the dashboard. Regardless, if there is an issue, I will address it. The manual top works as it should and doesn't leak water like most do.

The biggest imperfection on the exterior is the dent on the passenger side door. It's not terrible, but it is there.
    Here are a few pictures:

This picture was taken by a good friend who knows his way around cameras. I take no credit for this photo.

This is the perfect summer cruiser and I don't have a problem delivering the vehicle a hundred miles or so for a small fee.

Take charge now, because this car will sell fast. It's not common to see a white on red BMW e30 convertible.

I am asking $5000 with the wheels/tires, and $4000 with bottle cap wheels.

Don't hesitate to call me at 1 916 410 0175 and inquire about this ad, or if you'd like, respond to this ad via PM and ask more questions. I will release the VIN on request. Thank you for looking!

Edit: I have a carfax report taken two days ago to disclose all the information about the title. There are no accidents on record (which is what I said previously).
    Last edited by phreshkid; 08-13-2011, 07:09 PM.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Forgot to mention that A/C still blows cold, which is a plus in this California weather.

I'm not against shipping, but this would have to be arranged through the buyer. I will assist any way I can, but buyer makes the arrangements.
    sigpic

Comment

Still toying with the idea in my head. I really like it, but I just can't shake that "salvage" title thing...
      Proud owner: 1989 325ic

Comment

Beautiful car, and the color is right. Someone needs to jump on this one before it gets away!
        Last edited by Stevie30; 07-30-2011, 09:02 PM.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Great color combo and the late-bumpers with smaller taillights looks tits! Good luck!

Comment

I'd scoop this up in a secOnd if I had the funds. GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by Puma View Post
              Still toying with the idea in my head. I really like it, but I just can't shake that "salvage" title thing...
              Salvaged Titled vehicles aren't for everyone, true, but for me, knowing that it wasn't in any sort of accident prior to my ownership (or during my ownership) was what made it worth it for me. Besides, a much lower mileage motor was put in. I didn't half ass anything that I personally worked on in this car. It really is an amazing example and wouldn't hesitate driving it down to So Cal at any time. Hell, I just might do that anyways.
              sigpic

Comment

Great looking car. I had no idea that you had this!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                  Salvaged Titled vehicles aren't for everyone, true, but for me, knowing that it wasn't in any sort of accident prior to my ownership (or during my ownership) was what made it worth it for me. Besides, a much lower mileage motor was put in. I didn't half ass anything that I personally worked on in this car. It really is an amazing example and wouldn't hesitate driving it down to So Cal at any time. Hell, I just might do that anyways.

For sure mate - I'm not doubting your rep at all. I'm just a little wary since I can't see the car in person. I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss a bit more. I really love it (it has every option I want and then some), but I just need to do my due diligence.
                  Proud owner: 1989 325ic

Comment

Hey beautiful bimmer!

I was supposed to get into an E12 from a friend of mine out in CA.

I instead bought a massive Diesel Dually Megacab for "work"

I have 4 Jeeps and I'm selling and swapping like Sanford & Son in NY to stay married!

I am about to swap for an E30 4 door and give up a '92 Cherokee Plow Jeep in return.

This E30 isn't near the condition of yours and I would pull out any Jeep from my collection for your ragtop E30 dude.

I have an '86 CJ-7 built with lots of custom stuff (winch, armor, swing away spare rear bumper hitch, prerunner bumper up front, custom swapped in axles regeared and locked, twin sticked transfercase, custom tuffy locking stereo that holds a Sony CDX-C90 head unit and an ol skool PPI amp pushing tunes via Focal speakers and custom 11" sub, 33 Super Swamper TSL tires, T-18 4 speed with super short crawl 1st gear, Converted to Wrangler (YJ) flat leaf springs for better ride and articulation off road, JKS Sway bar disconnects, Dual batteries, custom dual flow master exhaust(Clifford Headers), clocked transfercase for ground clearance, High Pinion Dana 44 front axle with a Detroit Locker, 4.10 gears, Warn Premium locking hubs, trussed ladder bar for rear axle to stop axle wrap(very good after this went under the Jeep). This was the last year they made the CJ and the last 2000 off the line got Dana 44 rears. Its the Loaded Laredo package(clock, intermittent wipers, leather wrapped steering wheel and grab bar)Feel like a Lexus in this ride LOL

I also have another heavily modded Cherokee...

Sometimes enthusiasts cross pollinate the OCD fever between brands/cultures.

Wanna have a sip of my Jeep Koolaid?

Whaddya say?:D

Comment

Originally posted by metrohick View Post
                      Hey beautiful bimmer!

I was supposed to get into an E12 from a friend of mine out in CA.

I instead bought a massive Diesel Dually Megacab for "work"

I have 4 Jeeps and I'm selling and swapping like Sanford & Son in NY to stay married!

I am about to swap for an E30 4 door and give up a '92 Cherokee Plow Jeep in return.

This E30 isn't near the condition of yours and I would pull out any Jeep from my collection for your ragtop E30 dude.

I have an '86 CJ-7 built with lots of custom stuff (winch, armor, swing away spare rear bumper hitch, prerunner bumper up front, custom swapped in axles regeared and locked, twin sticked transfercase, custom tuffy locking stereo that holds a Sony CDX-C90 head unit and an ol skool PPI amp pushing tunes via Focal speakers and custom 11" sub, 33 Super Swamper TSL tires, T-18 4 speed with super short crawl 1st gear, Converted to Wrangler (YJ) flat leaf springs for better ride and articulation off road, JKS Sway bar disconnects, Dual batteries, custom dual flow master exhaust(Clifford Headers), clocked transfercase for ground clearance, High Pinion Dana 44 front axle with a Detroit Locker, 4.10 gears, Warn Premium locking hubs, trussed ladder bar for rear axle to stop axle wrap(very good after this went under the Jeep). This was the last year they made the CJ and the last 2000 off the line got Dana 44 rears. Its the Loaded Laredo package(clock, intermittent wipers, leather wrapped steering wheel and grab bar)Feel like a Lexus in this ride LOL

I also have another heavily modded Cherokee...

Sometimes enthusiasts cross pollinate the OCD fever between brands/cultures.

Wanna have a sip of my Jeep Koolaid?

Whaddya say?:D
                      Friend, I am just a white male who surfs.
                      sigpic

Comment

I rock my windsurfers on all my Jeeps and its epic cruising on the beach with the boards up top, toes hanging out the doorless openings and bumping tunes through the dunes en rout e to the surf.

I dragged my Laser out to the beach with 5 kids and another "adult" in my CJ crankin the Beach Boys and lemme tell u...

Them Beach Boys never sounded soooo good!

I had to try the swap angle...

I want a bimmer and pass it off as an economical improvement move...

Im in NY too so if you have other ideas like in wall Focal speakers for the home I got 5 brand new in box LOL

Fender Precision Bass and amp

Campy C-Record Roadbike on Zipp 404's

Sailboats?

Windsurfer gear?

Comment

How about $4200 with bottlecaps tires?
                          sigpic

Comment

Wrong coast!

Comment

if your willing to trade ive got a 1989 325i. glws!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                              my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                              X