1986 325es with Euro 325i motor, blk/tan, 138k, Southwest FL, $3500 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 325es with Euro 325i motor, blk/tan, 138k, Southwest FL, $3500 OBO

Well, I've decided to sell my e30. I really hate doing it since out of all the ones I've owned, this has been my favorite by far. I need to get a truck for work, and I just can't swing two vehicles right now. I hope that it goes to a great home and preferrably a fellow R3Ver!

For information regarding the Euro 325i motor swap, see this thread. The Euro motor was a from a 86 325i Convertible and has a 9.7:1 compression ratio. Along with the factory catless exhaust, I really do notice the difference over a US 325i motor. Mostly a little more low end grunt, as well as quicker R3Ving.

Here are some other things I've done that aren't mentioned in that thread:

All new Bilstein sports and Vogtland springs.
    New e30 m3 CABS
    New strut mounts and rear shock tower mounts.
    E36 steering rack.
    21mm vert front swaybar (13.5mm rear sway factory on 86 ES)
    (I think this suspension is a great compromise between firmness and DD-ability, others may disagree)
    New Mintex pads on stock rotors.
    All new fluids, synthetic in motor, tranny, diff. BMW coolant. BMW brake fluid.
    All new filters, air, oil, fuel.
    Timing belt, tensionor, water pump by previous owner not long before motor swap.
    New clutch slave.
    New spark plugs, wipers, etc. little stuff.
    Black windshield seals

Also recently upgraded it to Motronic 1.3 with a 173 DME. Before that the Euro motor ran Motronic 1.0 and had an Eta style harness and DME.

Cold AC converted to R134a.

Good tires about 50% on basketweaves.

The body isn't terrible, but definitely shows its age. Being black makes everything really stand out. The drivers fender is pushed in a good bit. Little dents on drivers quarter panel, and passenger door. Very little rust however.

Interior is nice, with the exception of the drivers seat which has a pretty good hole on the bolster where they always do. Crack free dash. Good working "I" instrument cluster, working 13 button OBC, aftermarket Alpine headunit. Black BMW floormats.

Overall, a very sound driver. I've been DDing it for the last 7 months with only minor issues that have all been taken care of. I've driven it from PA to NC (10 hrs) and from PA to FL (22 hrs) all in the last couple months.

My asking price is $3500. You can call me at 239-340-4111 to see and drive the car, thanks and have a great day!
    Last edited by Jargo; 10-19-2011, 04:53 AM. Reason: pics!
    Owned lots of E30's
    Currently sporting:
    85 324td
    86 535i
    89 635csi
    Feedback thread

I checked out this car, and it lives up to the bmw spirit. Handles like a bmw should and shifts nicely. Diffidently worth looking into.

///B///M///W///

Comment

Originally posted by Vethen View Post
      I checked out this car, and it lives up to the bmw spirit. Handles like a bmw should and shifts nicely. Diffidently worth looking into.
      Well... there's a new word.

Comment

Are those bumpers tucked?

Comment

Originally posted by 325isBen View Post
          Are those bumpers tucked?
          Yes.
          M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
            Yes.
            Thanks Eric!

And thanks Vethen!
            Owned lots of E30's
            Currently sporting:
            85 324td
            86 535i
            89 635csi
            Feedback thread

Comment

I saw this car today. PM me for more information.

Comment

thats a great motor, i had a euro 86 325i sport. new owner will love it
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Bump for a nice car. Seen it in person when I got a diff from him. If I had some spare money, I'd be all over this!
                  1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                  2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                  2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Someone came to look at the car and was disappointed with a few things so I think I should update about it a bit.

First of all, I have no records from the previous owner other than a receipt for the tires. I personally didn't keep many of the receipts for parts either, but I should have them for the springs and engine tuneup parts. I do have a clean title in my name.

The odometer in the car that reads 138k was from the engine donor car. However, it is a US cluster, so somewhere down the line the original Euro cluster was swapped out. The chassis had 130k when I bought it 8 months ago. So I believe the 138k to be pretty close to the actual chassis mileage.

I ran a compression test on the motor with a brand new tester. The readings I got were:
                    180 180 180 150 180 180. Cylinder 4 is a bit low. I was shocked to find this as I've been driving it for 8 months and never noticed any power or economy issues. I'd definitely say its got more power than any US 325i I've ever driven. This probably isn't much of an issue but I did want to disclose it.

There are some things I removed from the car. I still have them all and they will be included.
                    power steering (complete delete, drained, capped)
                    washer reservoir
                    radio antenna and amp

The low pressure AC line has been patched, but has been holding a charge for the past 3 months and works well.

The exhaust is hanging a bit low. I'm going to try to work on this.

Trans is leaking a bit from the output seal. Left outer CV joint leaking a bit.

So there are a few little things that need attention, but overall nothing that will let you sit. I would have no hesitation driving this car across the country right now!
                    Owned lots of E30's
                    Currently sporting:
                    85 324td
                    86 535i
                    89 635csi
                    Feedback thread

Comment

In light of all the little things that need attention, I am a little more flexible with my price now. I really need to sell it now...
                      Owned lots of E30's
                      Currently sporting:
                      85 324td
                      86 535i
                      89 635csi
                      Feedback thread

Comment

Should consider have a PDR guy attempt to remove the dent. Will help sale.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Price dropped to $4000, open to offers now as well.
                          Owned lots of E30's
                          Currently sporting:
                          85 324td
                          86 535i
                          89 635csi
                          Feedback thread

Comment

I dont know you or your car but take a look around the site and see what 4k gets you. GLWS.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Price dropped to $3500 and I'm open to offers.
                              Owned lots of E30's
                              Currently sporting:
                              85 324td
                              86 535i
                              89 635csi
                              Feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                              X