Alpine White/Black
    5 speed
    182k miles
    Working A/C
    US Ellipsoids
    173 ECU
    Mark D type chip
    Tucked Diving Boards

After having the itch and looking for ~6-8 months to find a clean e30 to use as a travel car, I found this little girl May of last year. Anyone interested, see my post on r3v here when I found her:

I picked her up to use pretty much to travel on out of town trips and she has done just that for me. I've got receipts for everything I've done. Everything else is info I got from a previous owner I've spoken to extensively about her. A little background from that owner:

This owner was the 2nd owner of the vehicle and owned it from 2006-2007.

Car came from a doctor/wife in Chicago. Car was garaged winter, driven summer car. The car was kept immaculate minus a scratch on one of the fenders. Being perfectionists the PO said they had the whole fender redone/replaced to fix the scratch. Doctors wife drove the car until hitting something in the road that ended up puncturing the tranny and destroyed it. 2nd owner bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped to FL.

2nd owner had BMW shop owner friend who had a tranny from a wrecked e30. He had the wrecked tranny rebuilt and installed it in the car along with a new clutch and all associated pieces at 105k.

Between 105k-125k when he sold the car (3 years ago) he performed the following:
    Timing Belt
    Front & Rear Crank Seals
    Guibo
    Tires
    Water pump
    Radiator
    Thermostat

Couple other things but he couldn't remember. He sold the car in 2007 for $3500 to a guy locally. At that time he offered the complete service records (from 1986 until 2007, completely documented) to the new owner and the new owner told him he wasn't interested in those and told him to throw them away.

Since then I have done quite a bit of maintenance. I've driven her from Orlando to Miami 4x, West Palm 3x and a couple Tampa runs inbetween with no hiccups whatsoever.

At 175k the following was done:
    Timing Belt/Gaskets
    Water Pump
    Thermostat
    Upper Radiator Hose
    Spark Plugs
    Oil/Filter

~178-180k, 173 ECU w/ Mark D chip, tucked diving boards, swapped in US Ellipsoids, replaced the wiper motor arm, disassembled/reassembled/sealed up the trunk, cleaned the elephant drain tube, front bumper insert and changed the oil/filter again.

3-4 months ago the battery died mysteriously. I swapped the battery and it died again. Took her to my mechanic and it ended up being the rear ground. I left it with him for a couple of weeks to totally go through the electrical components on the car and got it back with a clean bill of health. June/July - I had him install a new battery along with a cutoff switch in the back to be used when I would store the car for extended periods. He also replaced the radiator temperature switch and front electrical fan resistor (a/c fan).

With exception of the ellipsoids and 173/Mark D chip; she has been completely unmolested mechanically. She starts up fine, drives fine, doesn't burn oil and hasn't caused me any issues in the year 1/2 I've owned her.

182k miles now
    Working A/C (Needs blower motor only, easy and cheap fix/install)
    US Ellipsoids (Running 9006/9005 bulbs)
    173 ECU
    Mark D type chip
    Tucked Diving Boards

175k - Timing Belt/Gaskets
    Water Pump
    Thermostat
    Upper Radiator Hose
    Spark Plugs
    Oil/Filter

178-180k:
    173ECU and Mark D tuned chip
    Tucked diving boards
    US Ellipsoids from an 89 E30
    Replaced wiper motor arm
    disassembled/reassembled/sealed up the trunk
    cleaned the elephant drain tube
    front bumper insert
    oil/filter.

180-182k:
    New Battery + cutoff switch installed in trunk
    Water temperature switch
    Front radiator/ac fan resistor
    oil/filter

Asking $3,500.00 obo.

11/15 - SOLD
    Last edited by pelotudo; 11-15-2011, 08:22 AM.

I PM'd you on both e30tech and here now! Get back to me soon, I would love to pick this car up!
    Taylor.

Honda: When "Old School" means 1991....

Comment

replying to your pm on e30 now. sorry about that, didn't realize pm/reply notifications were turned off over there.

will be posting more pics/details tonight.

Comment

where in FL are you located?

Comment

orlando

ran out of light before grabbing pics tonight, will be off early tomorrow and will update with new pics/info.

Comment

is this still available?
            Thanks

Comment

whats up with the pics of the M3 thrown in there?

Comment

pm replied huntermzk.

Comment

Still waiting to hear back from you on either Forum! I have the cash ready!
                  Taylor.

Honda: When "Old School" means 1991....

Comment

new pics added. ran out of sunlight again but will be posting a few more tomorrow.

TD12, pm replied. Shoot me your email address and I can send the higher res pics your way.
                    Last edited by pelotudo; 10-28-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

pm replied and bump it...

Comment

for those requesting specific shots, OP has been updated and high res emailed.

Comment

pm sent
                          Touring Build + Touring Complete (sold) - As featured in August 2010 Bimmer Magazine :)
                          iX Build + iX Complete (sold)
                          "Mtech 1" Build (work in progress)

Comment

pmed you

Comment

Extremely interested! on deployment right now i can send you the cash to get this car! Please send me more info @ snafu4286@yahoo.com!

Comment

Working...
                              X