• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 BMW e30 318is. M42 5sp.

1991 BMW e30 318is. M42 5sp.

This is a complete car.

MOTOR:
    The motor is messed up. I am not sure whats wrong with it. The shop I got the car from thinks it is the main bearings but I think its in the head. I can see broken pieces of something from the oil cap opening. Still a lot of useful parts on the M42.
    I have another M42 and tranny ready to go in it. It has around 145k on it and was pulled from a running and driving car. Its pretty clean and doesn't leak anywhere.

BODY:
    It was diamond schwartz but the paint and clear has faded.
    Its got a manual sunroof, power window, power steering, 5sp tranny.
    Chassis has around 200k on it.
    Body is not perfect put its not bad. I haven't found any rust other than some surface rust on the very front edge of the hood.

TITLE:
    It has a salvage title, from what I am not sure but I would guess from a bump on the side that dented the door and some of the rear driver quarter. It didn't do any structural damage and could easily be straightened out.
    I do not have the title but I have been in contact with the previous owner and have been working on getting a duplicate copy so she can sign it over to whoever.

INTERIOR:
    The interior is the original black vinyl sport interior. The front seats function fine but do have some tears. The backseat is pretty much flawless.
    The passenger side door panels are good but the drivers side are missing fabric.

WHEELS:
    It currently has on it some 15x7 BBS RW's with decent tires all the way around. I would guess 50% tread. If I were to clean these wheels up and sell them I would ask $500 for them alone.
    The wheels are in good shape and wouldn't take much to clean them up. No major rash or anything like that.

My plan was to swap the motor and drive it as a daily to keep the miles off my truck but I just dont have the time or resources to swap the motor. Where I am living now I really dont have the space to do a motor swap either so I have decided to let the car go for now. But I will be looking for another one down the road. These are great cars. They get 25-35 mpg's.

I can sell it as a parts car with no title or I can put you in touch with the previous owner and she can sign the title over to you so that you can put it back on the road, It would make a great shell for a track car. I would not hesitate to put this car back on the road if the motor was swapped. I really wanted to make this work but I just can't do the motor swap right now.

You can email me for more pictures.

$800 or best offer. Spare M42 engine is $300 for good motor and trans. If you want them both $1000.

BMW M42 Complete Engine
    Getrag 240 5 speed trans

Engine/Trans were pulled from their original car after it was rear ended. When they were pulled the car was stil running and driving. It had 145k miles
    Neither leak anything from anywhere
    Motor and trans are very clean for 20 year old hardware. IMO, to be this clean the car they came out of had to be well maintained.

COMES WITH:
    Complete Harness
    Plug wires
    Header
    Alternator
    Power Steering pump.
    Basically everything except a starter and a a/c compressor.

**Pics show a broken fan blade on the clutch fan but I have a good one that will come with the engine.**

I bought this engine and trans to swap into a 1991 e30 318is with motor issues. I have since realized that I currently dont have the time or resources to do the swap so I am letting the car and motor go. The car is complete and you can look at my add for it here

$300. The car is $800. If you want both $1000.

Driver side damage (Why I think they salvaged it. Not bad IMO)

Alright well thats every pic I have of it. Im not in a huge hurry to sell it because I dont really want to. Its just that right now I don't have a good place to work on it. So far I have been working on in where you see it in the woods. But I cant pull the motor with it on that angle and Im not comfortable getting under it on stands on uneven dirt so I have decided to most convenient thing is to get rid of it. If I don't get any bites on it I will just hold on to it until I can do the work.
    Last edited by willworkfore30s; 10-23-2011, 03:28 PM.
    sigpic
Working...
X