Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want a winter beater/ LeMons car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want a winter beater/ LeMons car?

I just got a 320i 4 speed sunroof car with deflector in trade. It is pretty darn straight. It runs and drives. Been sitting a few years outside and needs a pressure wash before pics can be taken. Pastel blue with turbine alloys. 194k? Should be a fun one to play with for $500. firm. Comes with the factory blue binder repair manual. (NLA, $50-$100 value). Clean title. Little rust. Typical wet trunk. Would also make a cheap winter beater. Put a couple sand bags in the trunk and forge on! It's a 77 so it has vented front rotors and a rear sway bar. It even has a pair of new Sachs front struts in the box as a bonus. Should sell quickly. I don't need it.
    1988 Alpine white M3
    1985 Delphin gray 323i, "Junkyard Dog"

E21s usually survive the LeMons BS judging unscathed, FYI :)
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

FUUUU why are you on the other side of the country. Would have picked it up today.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Pics!!?

Comment

I live in Salem, really want to come grab this car. Be a nice rebuild project! PM Sent
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Here's some pics of the car. It was parked due to not having 3rd or 4th gear. The shifter was loose like a 50 year old VW bus. I assumed it was the problem. I installed a pair of new shift tower blocks and it shifted normally in the shop. I pressure washed it and went for a test drive. Still no 3rd or 4th, just extra neutrals. Funny thing is there is NO noise. So, a 5 speed swap would be a good thing. The good: no rust, strong engine with no rod bearing noises hot or cold, doesn't overheat, straight body, new front struts, good tires, 2002tii ex. manifold, de-smogged, factory shop manual, trailer hitch. The bad: tranny, cracked windshield, blower motor inop, sunroof leaks (drains plugged?)
            I can remove a few items, crush the car and still get my 500 out of it. If anybody wants a project for $500, let me know. I will start stripping what I want on Friday and say goodbye to it. NO RUST!
            Attached Files
            1988 Alpine white M3

Comment

Last 3 pics. Oh, I am including a good blue e21 seat to replace the worn out driver's seat
              Attached Files
              Last edited by oh2fly; 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM. Reason: forgot something
              1988 Alpine white M3

Comment

wow. that can be a good DYI project.
                You have quite a bit of BMWs' there.

Comment

bump
                  1988 Alpine white M3

Comment

Working...
                  X