1985/91 facelift E30 ReBuilt S50 powered tons of mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985/91 facelift E30 ReBuilt S50 powered tons of mods

I have a 1985 BMW e30 with 165k miles that has been my daily driver and then track (5 events) car for the past 6 years. It started its life as a 1985 stock e30 from newyork, The body is a 5 out of 10 black schwartz with about 10 golf ball dents here and there that could be pulled and the only real rust through the body is a silver dollar piece in the left rear battery box and the right rear battery box has been patched(notorious rust spots on most e30's from up north ) and the interior has been removed except the driver door cards, headliner dash, and center console. I still have all the interior pieces which are black vinyl which are in fantastic shape and a new center switch panel. 12 button obc works and it is a condition of 10 out of 10. It has the late style front valance with a splitter and has the rear style valance spot welded on along with plastic bumpers front and rear, with hartge rep. side skirts.

Body mods
    Front and rear valance
    front and rear plastic bumper
    Real Reiger Front lip
    Custom Abs Splitter
    Euro spec Carbon Fiber Race wing 32 points of adjustment
    Also i have a e30 rep lower wing in 4th pic with team dynamic 1.2's

no ebrake
    No A/c
    No power steering

all fluids are redline and have been replaced
    MTL in the tranny
    75 90 diff
    15-50 synth motor
    Motul 660 brake fluid swapped out yesterday

rebuilt s50 from the ground up and did 2 track days with it
    s52 cams (only difference is they are counter balanced
    s52 cam trays and lifters
    Beisan systems vanos rebuild
    vanos worm gear
    vanos studs
    main and secondary tensioners
    arp rod bolts
    arp headstuds
    Main bearings
    Rod bearings
    new pilot bearing
    Rear main seal
    waterpump
    headgasket
    oil pan gasket
    valve gaskets and bolt grommets
    oil pump nut safety wired
    thermostat lower degree one, I cant remember what the degree one
    new drive belt
    Spa electric Fan wired to switch on steering column

E36 m3 zf tranny with 34k miles on it from bavauto/no whine what so ever
    Clutch masters Stage 3 clutch from a e30 m3
    new slave cylinder
    new throw out bearing
    Machined Light Weight fly wheel
    Racing dynamic rep Headers
    NO CATS
    2 1/2 inch straight exhaust to a DTM muffler
    Short Ram intake with Bimmerworld silicone elbow and a composite elbow directing the filter into the high beam opening which is out right now but I still have that light if you want it.
    Epic motorsports custom tune from Bimmerworld

Suspension
    4 new wheel bearings
    e30 Control arms about 15k miles on them if not less
    E30 M3 Front and rear suspension consisting of
    Ground control Advance design shocks and springs Double Adjustable about 5k miles no leaks or anything wrong with them all adjustment knobs turn freely and correctly
    BimmerWorld Adjustable sway bar links front and rear

Ireland engineering thick ass sway bars lol dont know what diameter
    new Sway bar urethane mounts with billet reinforcements on the front and rear with welded reinforcements on the mounting points
    Ground Control Race Camber and Caster plates up front
    Ireland engineering FCABS
    Solid Subframe bushings
    R.E. Tranny mounts with Alum cups
    Eccentric rear trailing arm bushings that allow camber and tow adjustments
    Ground Control rear shock mounts

Brakes
    SS brake line
    Ireland big brake kit 360mm Front i think and 320mm rear
    this uses the c4 corvette calipers and rotors huge brakes 17's only will fit except for a few 16's ie Racing dynamic 1.2's

Wheels
    I have 2 sets of wheels one is a set of team dynamic 1.2 flat black with hankook v2's which are my track wheels and what I currently have on there now are 17'' BBS Style 5's that are mint with continental dw's on them. the conti's have about 500 miles on them and the V2's are brand new.

Interior
    Custom three gauge holder where the ash tray was showing water temp,oil temp and oil pressure all work and are accurate
    Corbeau carbon kevlar driver seat with a slight tear on the driver shoulder bolster(out of date but great passenger seat ).

BimmerWorld Race shifter
    new shift boot
    ZCP weighted 5spd Knob

This car has been a fun project but is not that practical of a street car at this point and i dont have the time or money to make it a dedicated track car
    I am asking 10k but am open to offers and trades
    please let me know if you have any questions, thanks

dirty engine bay from when i uncovered the car Now clean ;)

Last edited by nismoman; 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM.
    1985 s50b30, 91 front and rear valence, e30 m3 suspension, advance design coilovers, GC camber caster plates full solid bushings alla round, adjustable rear arms, ireland sways front and back, ireland big brake kit front and back , team dynamics wheels, 24lb injectore ltw fly, intake , headers, exhaust, so forth so on......

Great looking car with even greater mods. Fair price too. Glws

Comment

Car looks amazing minus the wing. good luck with sale

Comment

Originally posted by StreetMafia21 View Post
        Car looks amazing minus the wing. good luck with sale
        you will get the m3 wing and if you want I can also include a hartge wing and a mtech 2, I have so many e30 parts that will go with this car, the race wing is just that it gets taken off when i get home from track events so WIngs are no problem:-P

thanks for the kind words I just wish I had the money to devote this car to the track
        1985 s50b30, 91 front and rear valence, e30 m3 suspension, advance design coilovers, GC camber caster plates full solid bushings alla round, adjustable rear arms, ireland sways front and back, ireland big brake kit front and back , team dynamics wheels, 24lb injectore ltw fly, intake , headers, exhaust, so forth so on......

Comment

i saw it and my jaw dropped until i noticed the spoiler lol, but very nice car none the less. GL with sale

Originally posted by chadthestampede
          I'm just wondering why you didn't drift out of harm's way.

Comment

This is a steal. Could not replicate for the money, not even close.
            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Beautiful car! Do you have rear pictures?

Comment

yep, will take recent ones tonight i have rear pictures from about a year ago, but i will take recent ones if you want me to email them to you , pm me.

thanks

Comment

forgot to mention car has a 3.73 LSD

Comment

Am I missing something with the whole "no ebrake" thing?...

Comment

E30 M3 swap, usually have problems with the ebrake. I think it either needs to longer or no hook-ups
                      _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Hey, looks great dude! Do you have any rear end shots? What valance did you use on the rear?
                        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

AHHHHHH! So you own this car, i saw a friend post a pic on FB a week or so ago and I was eager to see who's it was. Beautiful car GLWS

Comment

thanks, yea the car gets on the street every once and a while pretty much if i am going to my garage but i get pulled over almost everytime i bring it out

Big Brake kit excepts a ebrake cable but like i said, this was going to be a retardedly agressive street car mainly track car.

Comment

valance is off a 1990 e30 325i, cut off a junk car that had front damage and sprayed it, then welded it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X