SOLD: NNJ/NYC Engine Fire 1987 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD: NNJ/NYC Engine Fire 1987 325is

I'm reposting this from the parts for sale section as I want to sell the whole car (everything in the engine bay needs to be replaced) everything else, suspension, exhaust, etc is UNHARMED by the fire.

Interior is a bit torn up, but original cardinal red leather.

Hands down the best part of this chassis is that it is originally from the Carolinas and there is NO rust damage. Only some surface rust that needs to be sanded/primed/painted.

I'm available just about any time/day to show the car, which is located in Bergenfield, NJ.

PM me with your phone number and we'll setup a time.

Cheers!

FROM THE ORIGINAL POST IN PARTS FOR SALE:

My E30's engine bay was some how lit on fire during Chinese New Year last Monday in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The car was parked for over 15 hours and I happened to be walking by when I noticed that the car's engine bay had smoke coming out of it.

Police were already notified and the FDNY we're on their way, preventing me from even walking up to the car. I watched as they smashed the kidney grills to pieces in order to pop the hood since the cable had already melted (and they we not giving me a chance to hit the emergency hood release with a screw driver.)

The most educated guess I can make as to what happened might of happened is that some Chinaman/woman was ringing in the New Year happened to send off a firework directly into the my E30’s engine bay. The sound proofing under the hood acted as an accelerant and spread the low smoldering fire around my engine bay.

Pretty much everything in the engine bay is shot, but everything else in and on the car is fine.

It has a Cardinal red interior, but the driver's seat is torn up quite a bit.

The car has ran great over the 5 years of ownership, and I just did a major tune up in the past 4 months. To top it all off, fire was not covered under insurance, so I have to eat this entire thing.

Originally a car from North Carolina, the car has NO serious rust.

I'm willing to part anything off the car, but would LOVE to have someone buy the whole shell.

I also have a set of amazing Firestone WinterForce tires mounted on a spare set of 14" basketweaves.

Last moments with the car, 2 days before the incident:

After the last tune up:
    FDNY doing their job:

Aftermath:

So… any offers?

UPDATE:
    I took some pics and have uploaded them here: www.de-vices.com/E30FIRE/

They're titled and about 2mb each.

You can also download ALL of these photos in a zip file for easier viewing here: www.de-vices.com/E30FIRE/e30pics.zip

As you can see, the car doesn't look nearly as it does in the picture I took right after the tune up. The paint is not great as it's still original SCHWARZ from the factory. The chassis is definitely in great condition and has been inspected by my mechanic, who would buy the car if he had the time to spend rebuilding it.

This car was my daily driver in NYC. A great, solid drive, but I was really worried about the car getting hit while parked, etc. That should say something for the overall look/quality of the car.

I'm officially taking offers on the FULL car first. Everything you see in the pictures (minus the sony head unit) will be included.
    Last edited by DMF; 03-26-2012, 02:20 AM. Reason: SOLD

im interested. i have some space to store it while i part out.
    when can you show the car?

i would def want the wheels/tires.

Comment

DMF,

I sent you a pm.

Comment

Dammmit!!!!! Why are all the good ones on the wrong coast. I have an M20 begging for a home in my garage. Shit..shit..shit..

Buy my M20 and put it back together!!!!!

Comment

PM sent
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

If anyone buys this and parts it I really need the hood and trunk.

Thanks,
            Nick

Comment

Correction: I'll be showing this car to someone on Wednesday this week. If anyone else is interested in checking it out, shoot me a PM!

Comment

Did you receive my pm?

Comment

PM sent
                  sigpic

Comment

Does the supersprint exhaust system look like this?

Comment

I'll get into more details about the parts once I've exhausted all chances of selling the whole car - but yes that is the exhaust.

and I will be showing the car this Thursday not tomorrow!

Comment

Whoa what a nice project. If only I didn'thave to buy a house!

Comment

Is the radiator fan still in good shape, i need one. Some how the previous owner broke a blade on mine..

Comment

Originally posted by DMF View Post
                            I'll get into more details about the parts once I've exhausted all chances of selling the whole car - but yes that is the exhaust.

and I will be showing the car this Thursday not tomorrow!
                            Ok no problem. If you decide to Part it out I would be interested in the supersprint. Thanks
                            Last edited by viali8; 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

is supersprint still for sale ??

Comment

Working...
                              X