Clean 1988 Schwarz 325, aka "Black Betty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean 1988 Schwarz 325, aka "Black Betty"

As much as it pains me to do so, it has come time to part with "Black Betty". I've recently purchased an E34 Touring in an effort to downsize our number of vehicles, so this and the GMC truck are up for sale. This is a very clean original Schwarz E30 with an immaculate Dove Grey vinyl interior w/rare armrest. 214k Super eta engine runs great and uses no oil--I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. The ZF auto trans shifts well with no issues. 2.93 LSD. Nicely tinted windows. “is” trunk spoiler. Three spoke Sport steering wheel. Everything works, but OBC occasionally "tries to signal the Mothership"--if ya know what I mean.

Have a folder full of receipts for the following:

ZF automatic trans replaced four years ago @ 202k w/88k mile one from a friend's totalled E30. At that time also replaced the rear main seal and flywheel bolts, trans coolant lines, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets and nuts, intake boot, CSB, guibo, sway bar end links and bushings, Hawk Ceramic front & rear brake pads and Brembo rotors, wear sensors, Ate Blue fluid flush, motor mounts, valve cover, eliminated leaking throttle body coolant lines, flushed and filled coolant system with fresh coolant.
    Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, cam and valve cover seals, distributor cap and new Intersate battery in 2009.
    K&N cone intake.
    Cat back exhaust is 4 years old.
    318ti antenna mod.
    New Bosch O2 sensor, spark plugs and OEM fuel filter.
    LF control arm and E30 M3 CAB's. Have a new RF control arm and L&R tie rods that go with the car.
    Headlights upgraded with Sylvania 9005 XTravision bulbs.
    Beyern Mesh 15" wheels w/Yokohama S Drive 205/55/15 tires installed March 2011.
    Including a set of freshly painted black 14" steelies w/Continental snows with the car.
    A/C upgraded to R134a last summer including new compressor, rec/dryer, exp valve, pressure switch, all o-rings and professionally evacuated and charged with new freon. Blows ice cold!
    Brand new OEM Anthracite floor mats.
    JVC AM/FM CD player with Premium Sound speaker upgrade.
    Rear parcel shelf dyed black.

The finish on this car looks great. There are three small spots of surface rust that need to be touched up--nothing serious though. Some slight rust on the corner of the sunroof.

The passenger side front window works fine, but the regulator makes noise at the top when it's closed, so it would be ideal to replace it with the scissors type regulator.

I'd like to see this car go to an enthusiast who will appreciate it rather than some ricer kid who will mount a huge wing on the trunk.

SOLD

Link to pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5924381...th/5427878291/
    Last edited by TrentW; 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM.

Price reduced!

Comment

Added lots of new photos.

Comment

GLWS I'm trying to sell mine too!
        Originally posted by b3albakii
        the head was okey .. and in a good mood
        no i didnt over heat it so much
        www.blunttech.com

Comment

Ive seen Black Betty in person and shes as clean as she looks in the photos. Classy DD or cherished garage queen opportunity....take your pick!
          sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
          1997 M3 (sold)
          1989 320i Touring (sold)
          1990 325i (sold)
          1991 535i/5 (sold)
          1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
          http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Im sorry i cant buy it. But I have to ask what compressor you put in when you changed a/c? GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325_num99 View Post
              Ive seen Black Betty in person and shes as clean as she looks in the photos. Classy DD or cherished garage queen opportunity....take your pick!
              Thanks Jordan!

Originally posted by e30loverSC View Post
              Im sorry i cant buy it. But I have to ask what compressor you put in when you changed a/c? GLWS
              Check what compressor you have-Bosch or Denso. I bought a rebuilt Denso from BMA Parts. You'll need to fill it with the PAG oil compatible w/R134a.

Comment

bump

Comment

damn thats clean. would take it in a heart beat but was looking for a coupe =(

Comment

Price reduced--I need the garage space guys!

Comment

bump

Comment

bump
                        Last edited by TrentW; 07-14-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Sent you a PM on eurotek.
                            -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

Edit: Was supposedly sold to a friend, but he has not come up with the funds, so car is FOR SALE.
                              Last edited by TrentW; 08-06-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X