1985 325e with M20B25 in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 325e with M20B25 in Georgia

I have been kicking around the idea of selling my E30 for a while now so I felt the need to post up a feeler thread to see if there is any interest. I bought this car back in 2010 with 68k on the odometer, I'm not sure if it was accurate or not because the old motor seemed pretty dirty for 68k miles. I have put a lot of work (money) into it, babied it, befriended it, etc. since I purchased it. I have a binder full of receipts that I am hesitant to add up, mostly because I do not want to think of what I've put into this car vs. what I can get out of it.

The car had a 2.7L motor, then it had a 2.8L motor which met it's demise because of a faulty oil pump, and now the car has a stock M20B25.

I daily drive this car from Marietta to Alpharetta and it is wonderful. I also autocross it whenever I get the chance, and the car will give much faster cars a run for their money.

1985 BMW 325e
    5 speed manual
    VIN# WBAAE5407F0699243

Drivetrain:
    -M20B25 from a 325i with 120k miles I believe
    -173 ECU with Ostrich 2.0 emulator and a Jim Conforti tune
    -Getrag 260 manual transmission
    -3.73 LSD
    -SPAL electric fan conversion
    -Stock sheet metal shifter mounted directly to the chassis (think AKG shifter)
    -AKG Motor and trans mounts
    -2.5" exhaust into DynoMax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension
    -JOM coilovers
    -Cosmos camber plates
    -E46 M3 rear shock mounts
    -IE reinforced sway bar mounts/bushings

Interior
    -Pearl beige interior, I'd give it about a 8/10
    -The drivers seat has a small tear at the seam on the lower part of the upper bolster. Literally invisible unless you are upside down (or Australian), but I know it's there. May or may not be taking car of that soon.
    -The dash has three cracks
    -Red gauge needles and gauge rings in the instrument cluster, looks really clean.
    -Leather shift boot, ebrake boot, and ebrake handle
    -Black BavAuto floormats
    -Painted black door cards

Exterior
    -Cosmos Blue Metallic, resprayed by the previous owner with a little more metallic flake in the paint. It looks really beautiful in person.
    -Someone jumped on my hood to be funny once, now there is a small crack in the paint. Also the previous owner scratched the paint on the drivers side fender around the wheel well. It is hard to notice. Not 'oh its hard to notice from 5ft away', but it is hard to notice from 5 inches away.
    -88+ front valance complete with brake ducts, OEM fogs, and volvo lip
    -iS side skirts
    -Yellow high beams and a euro plate, both of which I might remove sooner or later.
    -THULE roof racks*

Wheels and Brakes
    -17x7 Beyern Mesh et27, 20mm spacers in the rear totaling et7 in the rear.
    -215/40/R17 Toyo Proxes 4, the fronts are newer than the rear because of a blowout I had recently, however the rears still have ample tread left
    -Brembo blankfront rotors
    -Brembo blank rotors rear
    -StopTech Street Performance pads
    -Stainless steel lines
    -BBS RA452 15x7 et40, (2) Proxes R888 205/50, (2) Hoosier RS6 205/50*

The bad:
    -Recently the car was in Dave Markerts shop and left with a mangled fender. This is being taken care of by Dave and a new mint fender is supposed to be installed eventually. UPDATE: The fender is now at WagenWerks in Roswell, GA. It should be on the car before the end of the year.

-The AC doesn't work, there is a small leak somewhere that is stopping me from charging the system. Seeing as how I drive this car every day, this WILL be taken care of prior to selling the car. UPDATE: The small leak was a pinhole leak in the AC condenser, the AC condenser has been replaced and the AC works!
    -The headliner around the sunroof is a little torn, no more than 1/2 in length, and it doesn't go any farther than the edge of the sunroof panel.

Here is the thread I have made detailing mostly everything I've done to the car:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

*I've got MCS 2-way adjustable shocks w/ true coilover rear shocks. If I put these on the car, it will cost more. I also have every ball joint, bushing (poly), wheel bearings, and a rebuilt M20 head ready to go on. The head on the motor is fine, but the rebuilt head I have has a hotter cam in it so I was thinking about tossing it on. That will cost extra also.

As is with new fender: $6000
    With rebuilt suspension and head: $7500
    With suspension, roof racks, and BBS: $8000

These are the most recent pictures of my car, when I get a day off I will go take some more.
    *Keep in mind the exhaust in these pictures is old, it has since been taken care of and does not hang so low anymore*

ATL Day 2 060 by C Withers Media, on Flickr

ATL Day 2 051 by C Withers Media, on Flickr
    that is 1

ATL Day 2 005 by C Withers Media, on Flickr
    that is 2

Brenizer Method E30 by C Withers Media, on Flickr

ATL Day 2 131 by C Withers Media, on Flickr

ATL Day 2 122 by C Withers Media, on Flickr

ATL Day 2 044 by C Withers Media, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by acolella76; 12-25-2012, 12:50 PM.
    -Alex

E21 + a kidney?

Comment

bump
      -Alex

Comment

God. I wish you would have been selling in October. I bought my stock Eta for 6k and now I gotta put a new head gasket in next weekend. Bollocks.

If by some bonkers stretch you're interested in a Eta Coupe (stock motor), let me know, a little cash on my end would probably be fair.

Your car meets all the parameters I was looking for when I was searching
        1. four door
        2. swapped (but not blown) motor
        3. coilovers, camber plates

fuck it man. that's all I have the patience for. I love everything about that car, it's beautiful. everything I wanted. it's BLUE, too. love it. I'm so fucking furious at my car right now. nice car. glws
        /______\_o_/______\
        l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
        \ #___======___# /
        |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, I definitely know how you feel! THe week I bought this car a bunch of other sweet cars popped up and it took me a while to stop kicking myself in the head
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by DaButt View Post
            God. I wish you would have been selling in October. I bought my stock Eta for 6k and now I gotta put a new head gasket in next weekend. Bollocks.

If by some bonkers stretch you're interested in a Eta Coupe (stock motor), let me know, a little cash on my end would probably be fair.

Your car meets all the parameters I was looking for when I was searching
            1. four door
            2. swapped (but not blown) motor
            3. coilovers, camber plates

fuck it man. that's all I have the patience for. I love everything about that car, it's beautiful. everything I wanted. it's BLUE, too. love it. I'm so fucking furious at my car right now. nice car. glws
            ouch:eeek:
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
            :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
              ouch:eeek:

I know it, right?

And I'm about to dish out a grand+ for a head gasket replacement. I was going to change it with a buddy who was a "walking manual" (his words), but all he's ever worked on are Jeeps. After we pulled the valve cover (which was squeaky clean BTW), and he realized that we had to pull the radiator and timing cover, he called it quits. I guess i'd rather that than we get in over our heads, but still.. labor of love/hate these damned things are.

good luck with your sale. hell, if I get too fed up, I may give you a call. do you go to meets in/around ATL? thinking about coming up for one.
              /______\_o_/______\
              l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
              \ #___======___# /
              |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

good guy, really great car.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaButt View Post

good luck with your sale. hell, if I get too fed up, I may give you a call. do you go to meets in/around ATL? thinking about coming up for one.
                  Yeah! Check the GA section on bimmerforums, we post weekly meets as often as possible although most of them are north of atlanta. Occasionally some of them are ITP though

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                  good guy, really great car.
                  Thank you Rich. Sad to see it go, but I just don't like looking at it anymore
                  -Alex

Comment

Bump
                    -Alex

Comment

Got any pictures of the interior? Love that color and it is a 4 door.

Comment

Wow cant get over how clean this car is! Bump for an awesome 4door. GLWS :up:
                        sigpic
                        IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Before painted door cards, the only pictures I have of the back seat

Painted door cards

-Alex

Comment

bump
                            -Alex

Comment

bump, first post updated. Pricing has been adjusted, and the ad has been updated. Found a car I really want so I would like to get this thing sold ASAP
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X