Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean rust free Florida 318is with fresh S52 swap, 138k original miles - Boston, MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean rust free Florida 318is with fresh S52 swap, 138k original miles - Boston, MA

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey guys,
    Been working on this car for a while and as much as I'd like to keep it my other car is basically the same exact thing with no roof, and I have a sentimental attachment to my vert, so this one's gotta go. It's a super clean 318is body, been off the road for 10 years with a blown motor. Shipped up north a few years ago and been stored away until I bought it and put S52 in it and gave it all the TLC it needed. It's never seen salt , underside is perfectly solid no rust anywhere. Everything is a solid 9/10, add some nice wheels and you've got yourself an e30 that 83% of r3v would kill for.
    Price is $10k, no trades, sorry

Autocheck report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etlarxndn5...18is%20pdf.pdf

Rest of the pics:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Chassis:
    1991 318is alpine on black sport vinyl. 138k miles, odometer works. "iS" rear spoiler, "i" front lip. Brand new bosch battery.

Motor:
    OBD1 S52 - 86k miles out of 98 M3, The motor was taken apart to a bare shortblock, still had perfect cross hatching and no lip, but while it was apart I had the head rebuilt (cleaned and pressure checked, skimmed, valves cut, valve stem seals done).
    Also many parts powdercoated when it was apart, then it was obviously regasketted top to bottom.
    Running 95 M3 chip (from 506 ECU) and 21 lb. injectors. Perfect AFR's wideband verified. Might be able to free up a few ponies with a custom tune but this is the same setup I also run on my daily driver and it runs great. Harness adapter built by me.
    Green E28 hex motor mounts.
    16" 2350CFM puller fan wired to come on when you press snowflake or when coolant gets to 82*C (lower temp switch).
    Ebay Supersprint? clone headers to stock E30 cat to IE Stainless steel cat back.
    Every rubber gasket/seal/hose/boot replaced.
    Every sensible maintenance item replaced (thermostat housing, thermostat, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug boots).
    Oil pump nut tack welded for security.
    E34 oil pan.
    Added pics of compression check results, all 6 cylinders between 170 and 195psi cold. My gauge tends to read low.

Drivetrain:
    G260 with custom tranny bracket using E21 tranny mounts.
    Stock E36 M3 dual mass flywheel and clutch kit.
    Ebay short shift.
    E30 325i manual driveshaft.
    Stock 4.10 small case LSD (might want to upgrade to med. case if you're gonna be tracking it).

Suspension:
    98 M3 rack (3 turns LTL).
    Bilstein Sports with 15k miles.
    H&R Sport springs.
    Treehouse racing eyeball arms.
    Clean weaves with great tread Bridgestone Insignia SE 200 185/65/14 all season tires, will leave the wheel selection up to you, but these will get you around in the meantime.
    Not really suspension but it has an IX brake booster and E36 M3 25mm brake master cyl for firmer pedal feel, ready for a big brake kit.

Interior:
    Dash in pretty good shape with only a couple of tiny cracks, minor damage from where it looks like someone pried against dash to get into glove box at some point.
    Euro analog clock.
    Crank sunroof.
    Black headliner in great shape.
    Black vinyl in good shape, front seats 10/10 mechanically and 9/10 cosmetically, rear seats mint.
    Gray carpet in good shape, needs floor mats so it stays that way.
    Everything works in the cluster.
    Radio and speakers stock, clean slate just like the wheels.

Bad stuff:
    AC not hooked up. All the car side stuff is still there, and the fan moves more than enough air to cool the condenser. If buyer wants to get AC working in the future I can include the S52 AC bracket and compressor. 2 custom lines and a charge are all that would be needed from there, check the 24v swap forum people are talking about getting them made in batches now.

Few paint flaws that I will take pictures of with something for size reference. Still in stellar condition for original 22 year old paint.

Paint on bottom of front valance, fog light blanks, brake ducts, and side mirrors isn't so great. All that stuff is easy to remove from the car to paint or better condition alpine white parts could be sourced.

Had to cut the exhaust cut out to fit the dual tip muffler. I made a template from a late model 325is so it's the correct shape and position, and I did a good job, but it's one of the few things on the body that isn't as it left the factory.

Here's the album with all the pics I have so far, if you want to see anything else let me know. I took a pic of all the biggest flaws on the car with a key for size reference
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Sorry about lack of interior and engine bay pics, I will get them tomorrow. I'll crawl underneath and snap some pics to show how rust free it is even in typical E30 problem areas
    Last edited by Mossman; 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM.

Wow mods on the thread shitting already. Good luck with sale.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

noooo!!!!!!!!!!!! don't sell it!

Comment

the motor is beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Eric535 View Post
          that is beautiful
          fixed
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Dumb question.........Is the motor in??? Or does the buyer still have to do all that???

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. Sadly I have to sell it, even though it's a lot cleaner than my vert, I've gone through 20 cars since I got it and it means too much to me to let go, and I can't have 2 alpine white S52 e30's. That would be too greedy.

Jizo- Fine question, I haven't taken any underhood shots cuz my camera is corrupting its memory card, borrowing a cam later on today and will add to the gallery.

But the motor is in, car is all together and ready to go. No insurance though and I live in a pretty urban area so long extended test drives are hard unless you know someone with a dealer or repair plate.

Comment

Uploading 50 more pics as I type this, check the gallery. I'll add a few more pics to the main post after dinner

Comment

autocheck report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etlarxndn5...18is%20pdf.pdf

Comment

up

Comment

up

Comment

Aside from the A/C and paint flaws,

If you were to keep this car another 5 years, what parts would you replace/upgrade?
                        suspension, engine parts, bushings, etc?

How many miles/hrs on engine since rebuild?

Comment

I want this. Unfortunately it's on sale 6 months too early for me. GLWS

Comment

was out of town, will get back to anyone who messaged me today.

Comment

what do you think of these compression numbers and car overall?

Comment

Working...
                              X