FS: red '89 325is -- sold --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: red '89 325is -- sold --

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on here for a long while now while looking, buying and doing some work on my E30, but unfortunately, I now need to sell her. :-(

She is a 1989 BMW 325is, 2-door, automatic transmission (although I can also sell you a good manual transmission if you want to do the swap)

She is a happy, wonderful and reliable little car, and I hate to sell her. I bought it because I wanted a fun project car, but now due to business and health problems I won't be able to do any work on her myself.

Within the past 800 miles, a lot of work has been done:

• new timing belt
    • new brakes
    • new radiator
    • new fan clutch
    • new water pump
    • new plugs and battery

The car is very reliable, and you can use it as a daily driver right now, but she does need some work:

• replace or rebuild brake calipers
    • new brake lines
    • small oil leak at the front of the engine
    • new muffler (I bought one, just haven't swapped it in)

On the interior, things are pretty good; however the original drivers seat was really ragged, so it now has a tan one that I have meant to dye black, but never made time for. The odometer says 91k miles, but I believe the actual mileage is roughly 180k. It has an aftermarket stereo & speakers.

The body is in pretty sound overall; all the panels are VIN matching. But, it has lots of dings and other small cosmetic blemishes and the paint isn't great; it looks like it received a cheap partial spray at some point, and now the original paint on the doors has faded more than the respray. The front passenger fender was bent a bit at some point, and I haven't ever gotten around to replacing or repainting it.

I still really love driving it--all in all it is a great driving and handling car; I just ran out of time to work on it (how often have we heard that!). A friend who really knows E30s said he would drive it across the country right now :-)

I'm asking $2000 obo for just the car and the Bentley manual; I'd just like to get the money I spent on the muffler & 5-speed back (~$80 on the muffler & hanging brackets (in good shape) and ~$500 on the 5-speed swap). The 5-speed is from an '89 325i w/ 177k miles and has a good clutch & flywheel.

Thanks for looking & let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by IronRooster; 10-05-2012, 11:15 AM. Reason: sold

If is was any cheaper I may drive from Ohio to come get it! LOL Looks like a good project!

My E30 332iS Build Photo Album :) Click below!!!!!!!!!!

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/mil...2%20SWAP/story

If you have bought or sold parts from me please visit my Transaction Feedback Thread!!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...10#post3791810

Comment

I'm having a harder time than I thought in selling her; make me an offer--I can come pick you up at the airport ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by IronRooster View Post
        I'm having a harder time than I thought in selling her; make me an offer--I can come pick you up at the airport ;-)
        Hah....sounds like my plane ticket would cost more then the car to me....

How about you mail it to me UPS......

>.<

My E30 332iS Build Photo Album :) Click below!!!!!!!!!!

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/mil...2%20SWAP/story

If you have bought or sold parts from me please visit my Transaction Feedback Thread!!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...10#post3791810

Comment

i would so buy this if

A. you werent so far

and B my stupid car sold

Comment

Originally posted by millsamus View Post
            How about you mail it to me UPS......
            >.<
            If I could only find a big enough box... ;-)

Originally posted by Eric535 View Post
            A. you werent so far
            and B my stupid car sold
            A. The PNW is nice! :-)

B. I know the feeling...
            I'm glad I bought her successor, but having too many cars is frustrating, especially when I don't drive much.

Comment

Bump, I still have her for sale.

Comment

Ha what I love about this car is its got the variety pack interior.

One black vert seat, one tan sport seat, and a vinyl perfed back seat.

Comment

Yep, but she drives great!

Comment

Price drop!

Comment

Working...
                    X