Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325is - Richland, WA

Well, I'm ready to part with my e30. Here are the details:

The vehicle has just over 180K on the odometer. I have maintenance records on the vehicle dating back to 1991.

Clutch was replaced at 138K miles. Timing belt was replaced at 160k miles. Steering rack and power steering pump replaced at 165k miles. Starter replaced at 173k miles. Tires were replaced in Oct. 2011 and have driven about 5k miles on them.

Under the hood:

Engine runs great, don't know of any issues. Has a slight oil leak. Just had full oil & filter change.

Interior:

I consider this to be a strong point of the vehicle. Other than wear on the outside bolster of the driver's side seat, the interior is excellent. The dash is exceptional. The seats are in great shape. Carpet is nice; mats are about ready to be replaced. The shifter boot has a rip. There is some wear in the interior; nothing about this car is concourse. But I get compliments. It has an Alpine stereo that is about 2 years old, can hook up an iPod to it. Speakers, unbelievably, are stock.

Mechanicals:

Cruise Control does not work. AC needs serviced.

The sensors that identify low coolant and low window washer fluid don't work and the overhead warning lights pretty much constantly indicate the two sensors.

The stock electric lock system does not work. Doors and trunk lock/unlock manually.

Also, the antenna does not automatically raise and lower.

Exterior:

Paint is well above average. As with the interior, the exterior is not perfect. But I receive lots of compliments from people who recognize this as a 25-year old car. Sunroof works.

I'm asking $3,750/obo for the vehicle as is. Vehicle is located in Richland, WA. PM me if interested.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Corey; 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by Corey View Post
    The sensors that identify low coolant and low window washer fluid don't work and the overhead warning lights pretty much constantly indicate the two sensors.
    You need to get a new fluid level sensor for the coolant reservoir and another for your windshield washer reservoir.... Or bypass the sensors and eliminate the check panel lights by pulling the plug off the fluid level sensors and placing a small connecting wire (maybe an inch long), connecting the two plug ports that the fluid level sensors go into. Then put the plugs back on the sensors and your check panel lights will be gone.

Note: the sensor lights will not come back on until you remove the "jumping wires"... So you'll have to keep watch over your fluids, which is how it is now just your lights are constantly on.

One of my favorite e30's!!! Red with black interior 87 325is... Looks great for a 25year old car. Those "is" sport valances are getting really hard to come by in good condition.

GLWS!!!
    Last edited by e30cynrunr; 08-24-2012, 07:03 PM. Reason: messed up...

Comment

Thanks.

The warning lights are not on all the time. Just be driving and then they come on. Never tried to bypass the sensors. They just add to the vehicle's "personality".

Comment

Neglected to mention, this car is located in eastern Washington.

The west side of the state is constant rainfall. The east side is high desert. Very dry, sagebrush-type country. The vehicle was always garaged and I drive my truck in bad weather (we get ~2 months of snow). I'll never say "rust-free", but rust is not an issue with this car. I can't really find any.

Comment

bump

Comment

Gonna give this another bump. I just bought a Z3 and I want to keep the "fleet" under control

Comment

Bump. Thought I had it sold, but fell through.

Comment

Best year, model and color combo for an E30, though of course I'm biased.

Free bump, GLWS!
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                X