Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: '90 325iX 160k 5spd $2800OBO

Hi All,

The time has come for me to thin the herd. Graduate school+living in a city means that owning three cars that I don't have time to enjoy doesn't make sense anymore. I have realized that I really just want to focus on a s52 swap with my 327i, so I need to raise some funds.

In light of that, I need to part ways with my 160k 5spd swapped D-schwartz on black leather 'iX.

I picked up this car a few years back with auto trans and a blown VC, as a weekend project/winter car. Since then, I have 5spd swapped it and replaced the VC and have brought it up to DD spec. It has been very reliable and of course is a beast in the snow. I have receipts and records for all I have done to it over the last three years as well as previous owners, not complete, but a good amount of records.

The Good:
    -5speed swap with ~5k on it (new clutch, pressure plate, balanced and machined flywheel, TO bearing, guibos)
    -Good VC
    -z3 1.9 shifter and new bushings/hardware
    -new outer CA ball joints
    -CA bushings (replaced with e30M3's)
    -new tie rods
    -new front upper shock mounts
    -new rear shock mounts
    -new Timing belt, valve adjustment within the last 2k miles
    -replaced steering coupler
    -added oem premium sound
    -super clean interior
    -engine in great mechanical shape, much quieter than most m20's I have been around. (certainly more so than my 2.7)
    -new bav auto plug wires and MSD coil
    -brake pads and rotors in the last 5k miles
    -wiring for heated seats, replaced the comfort seats with sports, but have yet to install heat straps in the sport seats.

The Bad:
    -rust. its an iX in the rustbelt- so the normal - rear drains mostly,license plate lights, front quarters seem to have been spared, though.
    -car was in a collision at some point in its life as front dr. side fender is a DOT-R and pass is primer.
    -could use a good respray as the DS paint is pretty faded on the roof.
    -car is currently on bottlecaps, as 2/5 iX weaves are pretty bent up
    -needs new front drivers side wheel bearing
    -small hole in outer pass CV boot (this happened a few weeks ago, haven't driven the car since and am hoping to fix it before sale
    -odo failed within the last 500 miles.
    -needs new parking brake shoes
    - Could use some new shocks, the ones it has on it now are pretty soft - (my reference is Bilstien sports on IES3's on my other car, so I might be exaggerating)
    -exhaust leak after cat.

Tires probably have ~2000 miles left on them.

Basically at the end of the day it is a mechanically solid machine with a really nice interior that needs some TLC on the exterior, and a few little bits, but would make a great winter machine to keep the salt off of your e46 or whatever.

2500OBO!

Car is located in yellow springs, OH. It can be test driven. I will put up a jack test video if there is interest. I want this thing to go to a good home - iX's are becoming rarer by the minute! Get a great winter car while these things still are around!

Last edited by the.other; 09-09-2012, 06:44 PM.

bump...c'mon somebody wants this.

Comment

yikes thats in rough shape.......glws
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

thanks for the support...i guess...

in the spirit of things:

price drop 2500...make me an offer. Perfect car to keep your nice iX with a lifeline of working spares (alot of which are are brand new).

Thomas

Comment

bump

Comment

hey man could you email me at samschanfarber@gmail.com ?

don't have access to PM's, been on the site a long time but never posted.

Comment

email'd

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                X