• Show
Clear All

FS: 1985 323is euro

Call, email, text me if interested.
    503-490-4248
    Chris
    $6800 obo

1985 BMW 323is euro (grey market)

I've owned this car for 4 years now. Daily drove it for 2 years bone stock, then rebuilt the whole thing. I brought the car into my shop, tore it apart, rebuilt and replaced everything with parts listed below. Alignment and suspension setup professionally done by Chris Rhom at Rhom Innovations using scale pads and string. It has been a daily driver since I owned it. This car absolutely rails, pulls hard, brakes hard, doesn't fade, very sure footed and confident in spirited situations yet very composed around town. I short shift it and drive it in the slow lane, It is my baby in every sense of the world. Only the best in fuels and fluids (chevron 92, redline trans and diff, joe gibbs engine) were ever used while under my ownership. I work for a car dealer so I have it on the lift frequently for nut and bolt checks and general maintenance, as well as direct access to dealer parts. I take care of the car and it has always taken care of me.

Reason for selling. Simply going a different direction. I've done what I wanted to do with this car, had my fun and have now set my eyes on my next project...an e21. The car has 200k on the chassis, 90k on the new motor. The original m20b23 euro motor erupted during a track BMWCCA outing at PIR. I replaced it with a 90k euro b23 motor shortly after, the car has sat in my garage since, only being driven for 'sunday sunny outings.' The euro motors have flat top pistons and are very high compression. This car is pre motronic, not carb, but not equipped with the late model engine/fuel management.

The entire rebuild (body, mechanical) including parts listed below are less than 7k old. I've been in the e30 game for many years (restoration and racing) I know what works and what doesn't and feel I've put together a great car. I built this car with the foundation and overall goal being reliability. I want the car to go to a good home, someone that wants to take care of it, enjoy it at the track. I have a 200 pic photo album on FB covering the whole build from start to finish as well if you need to see it.

Performance wise, this is a true drivers car. It weighs 2400 lbs with me (145lb) in it. Handling, stability and feedback are some of the best you'll encounter. The best way to describe the suspension is 'firm and surefooted.' It has more grip in the corners than the seats can hold you into. Heel toe is effortless.

This is not a drift car. The only sliding this car has done is on dolly's while front and rear subframes were being built. Strictly road race, light daily and garage queen where I sit in it and make race car noises.

EVERYTHING listed below happened at the same time, about 7k miles ago...the car, bushings, bearings etc are just now broken in.

This car is very rare, (german check panel and cluster) highly modified and customized. For those of you looking for a sporty daily driver, weekend/track toy or race car project, this is your car. Hell, if you want to turn heads all day, this is your car.

Should you come by to have a look, the car currently has custom built race headers and exhaust on it which sounds amazing and hangs flames while downshifting. That will cost extra. Otherwise the car will be sold with ANSA exhaust.

List of modifications and parts:

Factory 3.91 lsd
    Bilstein sport shocks F/R
    H&R 'race' springs F/R
    Vorshlag camber plates (spherical) F
    AKG upper mounts (spherical) R
    Bimmerworld adjustable sway bar mount (spherical ends) F
    Ireland adjustable sway bar mount (spherical ends) R
    Ireland sway bars (21/19) FR
    front, 3 hole
    rear, hoop style mount for unlimited adjustability
    Ireland billet swaybar mount R
    AKG rear swaybar mount reinforcement R
    AKG strut mounted sway bar mount F
    AKG subframe reinforcement plates F
    AKG engine mount reinforcement plates F
    AKG camber/toe kit R
    AKG trailing arm bushings 75D
    AKG subframe bushings 75D
    12mm style
    AKG control arm bushings (m3 offset) 75D
    Custom machined diff mount NYLON
    Vorshlag engine mounts 'red'
    Vorshlag trans mounts 'orange'
    OEM guibo
    Shifter:
    UUC evo3 kit
    DSSR link
    Jafster 6" delrin shift knob
    Brembo rotors F/R
    Girling calipers F
    ATE calipers R
    Bimmerworld billet brake pistons F/R
    Bimmerworld bronze guides R
    Bimmerworld V2 stainless lines on all 6 locations
    Bimmerworld V2 stainless clutch line
    Ireland brass clutch pivot
    Hawk HP+ pads on all 4 corners
    3.73 LSD
    OEM: (from the dealer)
    lemforder control arms
    hubs
    rear bearings
    boot kit L/R
    Sach clutch
    fresh flywheel
    clutch master
    clutch slave
    rear main, trans seals F/R
    pilot bearing
    window rubber F/R, weather strip L/R, window run, L/R
    center support bearing
    hardware
    TRM C2 wheels 15x8 (12lbs each)
    Falken 912 tires 225/50/15 (5k miles)
    Straight dual pipe with ANSA exhaust (very tame, no drone whatsoever)
    Black leather sport seats w/ no rips
    rear bench is houndstooth
    carpet is dark grey
    Custom abs flat panel door panels and rear quarter inserts.
    Tinted windows
    Black shadow line
    Heat works
    No AC
    Real factory manual rack (designed to be manual, not difficult to turn at all)
    New windshield
    Genuine zender valance
    Custom splitter
    Euro Bumpers
    Euro headlights
    b23 engine (high comp flat pistons and the head flows better than the 885 castings)
    M5 mtech rear wing
    Auto body done by me:
    shaved antenna
    shaved hood squiters
    door mouldings deleted and filled with metal (welded plate)..no bondo
    glacier pearl 3 stage paint.

Chris Woods

https://www.facebook.com/munichmotorworks

Details on the custom race exhaust?

Comment

I used to know this car very well. It was amazing then. I cannot imagine what great condition it is in now. GLWS

Comment

Working...
      X