Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325 IX Wanted

Hello All,

In high school my uncle gave me this sweet '89 328is (I think) convertible with the racing computer and a "nice" red leather interior. My parents hated it because of the soft top so it didn't last, but I have some especially fond memories of ripping around in that car. I worked for quite some time as a valet so I've had..... lots of time to feel out different cars, and this always brings me back to the E30 as one of my favorites.

However, I am a stickler for AWD as I frequent Tahoe quite often, and that limits my options to the 325IX.

I am in that weird place where I could afford to purchase a new Subaru or some certified pre-owned thing. Then the thoughts creep in of assuming all that needless debt, worrying about negotiating loan structure, the second guessing and eventual personal compromise that comes with that choice, and that debt. Yuck. Warranties are great, but where is the joy in that sh:!:t. Then you have to deal with all the nagging notions of doubt over a decision that is literally defined by a 5 or 6 year contract. Plus it leaves you needlessly panicking and grasping to identify with your cookie cutter car or personalizing your purchasing experience in order to justify your purchase.... to no one who cares.

I'm not that complacent.

I'm ok with a car that needs a little work, but preferably no rust, and with most major maintenance performed regularly. Dashboard cracks are not a problem as long as the car's interior is not torn up. Later years are better but if the shoe fits I'll wear it.

As far as pricing goes I'm flexible. Seems like most 325IX's in drivable condition are $2-5K with a few out there on the market for over $7k (for awhile now). The only one I saw sell for "that much" (final price not disclosed) was a very nice Alpine one out of Peter Pan or one of the other Bay Area dealers.

I would go whole haul on a really nice one and pony up, but doing business with people who always hold out for that higher price is not always worth it unless you know their business already. I guess that's as good a reason as any to reach out to the community before taking the plunge.

Looking forward to hearing your input, thoughts and possibly getting a "new" ride. Oh yeah, I'm in Northern California.

Shooting for purchase around mid to late feb. Thanks!
    Last edited by FamilyJoels; 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM.

There's a couple decent ones on Cali craigs. Alpine 4 door 5 spd. And 2 coupes that are auto.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I'm selling one in Denver, although the maintenance may not be as up to date as you'd like:

There's also one in Durango, CO that looks pretty good, but priced high:

Comment

Friend of mine who takes meticulous care of his bmws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

A friend of mine is selling his. Here is his number, call him....maybe. LOL
          916-549-1735
          SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

thanks drummerchubs.
            yea i got one for sale.
            clean title
            5speed
            straight body, bondo never touched the car
            thats my number up top
            916-549-1735
            call or text

Comment

Navy Paul that is a beautiful E30. I've replied to everyone who PM'd me, and wrote down the contact info of those who posted or linked directly to the board. You can remove your phone numbers if you like since my purchase may still be a little ways off. Thanks to everyone for responding.

To others, please don't hesitate to post additional ads. I will consider them.

Comment

Working...
              X