FS 12508: 1988 325ix - $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 12508: 1988 325ix - $1000

This is a high mileage ix that served as reliable daily driver for previous owner for many years, and for the current owner as an around-town car with limited mileage put on the car over the past two years.

The car starts and idles well. The drivetrain is solid. The gearbox and clutch are surprisingly smooth for the age and mileage. The transfer case and VC were in full working condition when purchased, and the car has not been towed or seen other abuse that would lead me to believe it is not fully functional at this time. It had new control arms and bushings when purchased in late 2010.

The Ansa exhaust system sounds great.. I have an e36 m3 with a remus exhaust that people rave about, and I still have trouble deciding which engine sounds better.

The interior of the car is also in good shape, including a crack free dash.

Here is the link to the original sale post.
    http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101427
    ====
    Some highlights from 2010 for sale post:
    Mid 2006 maintenance
    Entire suspension system
    Brakes
    Wheels bearings
    Clutch (tranny shifts like new)
    Guibo joint
    Strut towers

Brand new cylinder head (casting was brand new as well as internals) ported and polished from clear water cylinder heads in FL was installed 3 years ago )(2007). Probably about 30-35K miles on top end

Steering rack was changed for a brand new one about a year ago along with inner and outer tie rods (2009)

Brand new radiator as of this summer (2010)

Timing belt and water pump done last winter (2009)

New dirveshaft as of last winter (2009)

Crack free dash!
    CF instrument cluster with chrome bezels
    Smoked ellips
    momo shift knob
    Jim conforti chip
    ANSA exhaust
    DEC high flow CAT
    K&N panel filter

The bad:
    High miles
    Vent line from gas tank leaks only when brimmed
    =====

The car is currently overdue for inspection and needs a few things to be returned to legal road duty. It was in a rear-end collision a year ago (2011), and received a mediocre repair.
    • Front tires are near end of life
      Parking brake seized (parts will come with car)
      Rear spring perches need reinforcement.

The owner of the car is out of the country, and I am putting it up for sale for him as a friend and member of the e30 community. It is not a turn key car due to the items listed above, and I am selling it as-is. I can provide pictures and more details as requested.

$1000
    Located in Beacon, NY
    Last edited by e30rock; 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM. Reason: more info

Bump!

Comment

Looks pretty amazing for that price. Kind of make me think twice about this auto ix down here for $1700
      West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
      ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
        Looks pretty amazing for that price. Kind of make me think twice about this auto ix down here for $1700
        Thanks :) I just took it for a drive and a car wash.. always impressed with how lively the engine feels.. must be the low-mileage top end. And the clutch and gearbox are very satisfying, no issues to note.

There's at least one person coming to check it out Sunday afternoon, get in touch if you're interested.

Comment

Why take pictures in the dark?
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

If you got the ix emblem off the front, bargain of the century for winter beater
            "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
              Why take pictures in the dark?
              • I work 8-5 weekdays
                Winter sunlight is minimal
                Dark pictures > no pictures

The first two picture are also from 2 months ago, same car, same condition :)

Comment

Originally posted by gr8skyr View Post
                If you got the ix emblem off the front, bargain of the century for winter beater
                I'll have you know that the ix emblem provides aerodynamic stability while drifting through snowstorms.

Comment

Damnit, every time this gets bumped I try really hard to forget how close it is but I keep wandering in here...
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                    Damnit, every time this gets bumped I try really hard to forget how close it is but I keep wandering in here...
                    You know you want it. I'll drive it to work (IBM) this week. If it's not sold on Sunday and you can come check it out during the day.

Comment

Good luck with sale. I love how the car looks.

Comment

Can we meet somewhere? I live in newton nj

Comment

Originally posted by e30rock View Post
                          You know you want it. I'll drive it to work (IBM) this week.
                          Thought it wasn't turn key? I thought parking brake seized meant non moving.

More pictures would be nice. Also orig posting says that the rust is pretty bad. Did current owner take care of the ball joint issue that was described in the orig posting?

So estimated mileage is 310k?
                          Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 01-28-2013, 06:21 AM.
                          West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                          ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

How is the rust underneath the car, I know from being from Pa. myself, it is exspected that it has some rust. Just want to get a feel on how much and bad it is? The smoked headlights, got me intrested as a beater to drive, and take up to Pa. When I visit for holidays to see family and friends. If you have any other pictures you can send please feel free to do so. to bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com
                            SHAWN

Comment

Originally posted by retdan View Post
                              Can we meet somewhere? I live in newton nj
                              Hey there's a deposit down, pending sale tomorrow.

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
                              Thought it wasn't turn key? I thought parking brake seized meant non moving.

More pictures would be nice. Also orig posting says that the rust is pretty bad. Did current owner take care of the ball joint issue that was described in the orig posting?

So estimated mileage is 310k?
                              Parkign brake doesn't move much, due to damaged "sleeves"/outer sheath. Selling car with new parts, didn't have time to replace.

Originally posted by bmwextremeguy View Post
                              How is the rust underneath the car, I know from being from Pa. myself, it is exspected that it has some rust. Just want to get a feel on how much and bad it is? The smoked headlights, got me intrested as a beater to drive, and take up to Pa. When I visit for holidays to see family and friends. If you have any other pictures you can send please feel free to do so. to bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com
                              SHAWN
                              Rust is present but not critical. Typical areas of concern being the trunk and where the running boards meet the front edge of the door. Overall, very clean for >300k miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X