$1400 - 1987 325is m50 swap project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1400 - 1987 325is m50 swap project

I have an auto 1987 325is with its engine and tranny pulled. Car has little rust, only spot is a hole in the rocker. I bought an m50 and g260 to put in the car. Tranny has new stage 3 clutch installed and shaved flywheel. Miles are somewhere around 100k on m50. The car bounced around from shop to shop and no one knew what to do. And niether do I frankly. I would still love to get this car running and drive it but I just dont know what to do. The m50 and trans are sitting in the car but as to getting things working I dont know. I have ebay ss headers. the wiring harness, computer. ix booster. manual driveshaft in two pieces, and various other parts. The car is sitting at a shop right now so I cant post current pics but I am just wondering what the car would bring with the m50 and all.
    Sorry for dirty pics, the car has been cleaned as you can see in some of the other pics. Also if someone is local to 52731 and could stop by to give a hand that would be awesome. And the pay is good!

Last edited by Chaz; 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM.

Have you read the DIY's on here, the swap can be done if you put your mind to it.
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Bump
      I have everything above.
      M50 is mated to getrag 260 that is dropped in the car.
      You can have the shell, m50 and tranny plus all the other parts needed to complete the swap for 1400 or make an offer or $ plus trade. Or make an offer. Had this thing for too long and would like it gone.
      Contact me at 563 212 1651
      Last edited by Chaz; 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Wow

What a shame, an "IS".

I would ship it to Caltuned and have it finished

or

find someone local who can do an swap they are better acquainted with.

M30?

or plug in the m20 again.

Bump for what appears to be a great deal.

Comment

If you build it, it will come

Comment

if i could take the drive out there id take this asap!!

Comment

If anyone is local they can come out and look at the car. At this point I just want the lot gone. And if there any questions you can call or text.
              Thanks

Comment

Would like to see current body pics

Comment

You can see a trim piece is missing here. Can also see I have one mismatched wheel in the back. (I believe it was the spare) I have 5 total bottle caps though.

You can see the ss headers and many other parts for the swap in the trunk. Also a small rust patch in the inner trunk lid.

Interior is a mess of little bolts but once cleaned up it would like nice. Upholstry is real leather but it is cracked. Has sport seats. Also red needle cluster. And I have the sport wheel too.

M50 and transmission sitting in car. Nothing is hooked up I dont think. You can slightly see the radiator in the passenger side through the windscreen.

Another shot... The hood is in the garage and other than being dusty in good shape.

Rear of the car.

If you guys that are out of state that are interested shoot me an offer that compensates for shipping prices and maybe i'll bite. Like I said I have a great car now and this guy is just sitting here. I don't want to see it turn into a rust bucket...

Comment

This is a great deal. Such a shame you aren't closer. Are there no DIYers in Iowa??? Bump in the interests of saving a pretty iS!

Comment

bump

Comment

Open to offers :)

Comment

If only i was closer...
                          John 16:33

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFiero View Post
                            If only i was closer...
                            There's always shipping! ;)

Comment

This is very tempting....if it is still around in the summer (or if you can store it until summer) when I have more time to go pick up a car I might toss you an offer...
                              www.classicdaily.net
                              1970 m42 swapped 2002
                              1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                              https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Working...
                              X