1991 E30 w/ M50 and 5 Lug Swap

Listing this for a friend.
    Car is located in Burlington, NC
    Here's the info:

1991 318is slicktop WBAAF9318MEE70040
    Build date 08/90
    $6,500
    If interested, please call me on my cell at 336-534-8370
    Mileage: 230k, Odometer broke in late 2009 at around 217k. I drove it for another year with it broken and then it became the weekend car. I purchased the car in 2007 with 155k on it and 115k on the M50 non-vanos swap. Currently has 190k on the motor and 125k on the ZF gearbox.
    I purchased it as my new daily driver. It already had the M50 swap (I have sales receipt for the engine) and standard 4-lug with the original gearbox. I replaced it with a ZF gearbox about 6 months after I purchased it.
    Since then I have done a tremendous amount of work to the suspension. I did a complete E36 M3 front suspension swap and a custom rear 5-lug combo. I also repainted the car this past fall with Lesonal base coat and Pro Air clear coat. You don’t want to know how much a gallon of red base coat is.
    Spec’s for 1991 318is slicktop
    Drivetrain
    · 1992 Non-vanos M50
    · 1997 5spd ZF gearbox 125k
    · E30 2.93 LSD. Rebuilt diff with dual clutch plates(added 2 2.1mm 944 friction discs and extra dog ear plates).
    · Z3 short shifter
    · E30 M3 driveshaft
    · E34 525i oil pan, dipstick tube, dipstick, oil pickup, and gasket.
    · Metal thermostat housing
    · E36 aluminum radiator
    · Electric fan
    · Stock manifold with 2.5” exhaust
    Suspension/Steering
    · e36 M3 brake swap front and back
    · 1997+ M3 lower A-arms along with bimmerworld track CABs
    · All new brakes with pistons and seals, repowder coated
    · New wheel bearings all the way around
    · Larger brake master cylinder (bimmerworld)
    · Spec e30 chamber plates
    · Z3 1.8 steering rack and new/complete tie rods, No power steering
    · Rear suspension has adjustable chamber and toe, all tig welded.
    · Rear sub-frame and trailing arms have been extensively reinforced (all tig welded)
    · Rear trailing arms have new bearings along with Z3 3.0 hubs and e36 M3 rotors and calipers
    · No parking brake, it was impossible to have parking brakes with the brake combo. The Z3M parking brakes are larger than the E30’s. please see the rear suspension photos to get a good idea of what I did. Race cars don’t need parking brakes.
    · M3 motorsports diff cover along with poly bushings all the way around
    · Boxed in the rear shock towers and built a support to the differential (all tig welded) Spec e30 sway bars front and back
    · H&R cup springs
    · Stock Z3M front struts
    · Extended wheel studs
    · Hawk HP+ pads
    · Stainless brake lines
    · Billy’s in the back
    · BMW motorsport wheels
    · No heat/AC/Radio
    · Garaged for the past 2 years (with less than 1,000 miles put on it with the new suspension/5 lug during this time)
    · Brand New Front Windshield
    · GUTTED - it is a Race Car in the making
    The exterior of the car is very nice. I did all the paint work myself last fall. I had planned on having a rollcage built for it –hence no interior- but instead of spending my money on a cage I started my own business painting classic airplanes. I had also planned on going with AST double adjustables, and new tires. The car needs another 6 to 8g’s minimum in it to do the cage/suspension and refresh the motor and gearbox. The car has never been tracked since I have owned it. I would like to sell this to someone who plans on finishing it as a nice club/track car and will take good care of it. I have come to the conclusion that I need to invest in my business and sell my baby. I would prefer to sell this car and never see her again because if I do I will cry. More photos are within the link below:
    http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/JBHille30/library/
    Last edited by chip; 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM.
    Chip
    '87 325iS
    spece30
    '01 330 5sp
    '10 328 6sp

Price update
    Chip
    '87 325iS
    spece30
    '01 330 5sp
    '10 328 6sp

Comment