1991 318is M50NV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is M50NV

Selling our 1991 318 IS with M50 conversion. Built the car with my sons for track day events. The car has about 200 HP, is light and handles very well.

Car is an Arizona car with IS body kit and European headlights. Car itself has 157K Miles. Body is straight and rust free.

• Interior has been stripped with the dash remaining and a pair of Corbeau FX-Pro seats with Schroth harnesses
    • 4 point roll bar

In Jan 2011 we swapped in an M50 (93/94 325is) with 96K miles.
    • E34 motor mounts, oil pan oil pump and dip stick
    • E36 engine mount arms, driveshaft and intake elbow

• New Behr high capacity radiator
    • Spal electric cooling fan
    • M3 headers to a 3in exhaust with small cat and Magnaflow muffler

• Getrag 240 5 spd manual with a 3.73 limited slip, medium case differential

• 540 brake booster and master cylinder
    • Zimmerman drilled rotors with hawk street pads (I have a set of track pads as well)
    • Stainless steel brake lines
    • New front hub and bearing assemblies
    • Ground Control coil-over suspension
    • New Front control arms
    • Powerflex urethane, front control and rear trailing arm bushings

• APEX 17x8 (BBSLM style) with good 235/40/17 NT-01 tires

Areas that need some attention:
    Overall the paint is not bad except the roof where it is prepped for a respray. Still silver but no gloss.

Instrument cluster from a 6 cly needs to be fitted for the tach to read correctly.

Car runs cool, but the temp gauge is not registering

I have between 11K-12K into it, but need to move on and am selling it for: lowered to 6000.00

Can send as many pictures as you like.

Call or txt 480 two1five 1699 (John) or 480 two0zero7696 (Jack)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aztrackcar; 06-29-2013, 09:07 AM. Reason: lowering price

Sweet car. I thought I'd help out by embedding the images for you below.

Any interior pictures?

Comment

Thanks. I can post a couple of the interior tomorrow.

Comment

Here are a few interior pics
        Attached Files

Comment

lowered to 6500 OBO

Comment

Just out of curiosity, since this has had the engine swap how hard would this be to smog/register in CA? Anyone have an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Cru Jones View Post
              Just out of curiosity, since this has had the engine swap how hard would this be to smog/register in CA? Anyone have an idea?
              You have to pass the visual inspection inspection which means everything has to be either obd I or obd II compliant. This means everything from the intake manifold, to the routing of the exhaust (cat type and placement) has to be O.E.M spec. I was out in cali over the winter and went with to get a s50 m-tech II vert bar'ed and smogg'ed. It failed visual due to the cat placement/type, and failed smog due to the cats and the car having a chip. Pretty sure it went back and passed though.
              sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                You have to pass the visual inspection inspection which means everything has to be either obd I or obd II compliant. This means everything from the intake manifold, to the routing of the exhaust (cat type and placement) has to be O.E.M spec. I was out in cali over the winter and went with to get a s50 m-tech II vert bar'ed and smogg'ed. It failed visual due to the cat placement/type, and failed smog due to the cats and the car having a chip. Pretty sure it went back and passed though.
                Thanks for the info. Seems like this would most likely fail then. :(

Comment

keep it for 2 more months and i will buy it, for your asking price, cash :)

Comment

Is this car still available? Interested and local, in about a month. Moving to Az.

Comment

yes the car is stall available.

Comment

Great price bump

Comment

Bump for perfect track day e30
                          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I would DD this. Then again I would DD anything.
                            West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                            ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Posted a couple videos
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X