Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1987 BMW 325i, Northern VA, Not Running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 BMW 325i, Northern VA, Not Running!

NOT MINE, feel free to contact me, I can relay any questions to the owner but it would be faster to call the number in the link. There are also pics if you follow the link.

more info here:
    http://parksideatashburn.org/bmw.htm

1987 BMW 325i
    224,186 miles
    standard shift

NOTE: Parts only - - this car does not run - - must be towed by purchaser

My lil ol’ gray bomber finally went to Bimmer heaven. A shame, actually, because just two months ago when my dad was hospitalized, I drove it 400 miles in the middle of the night at 80-90 MPH to the hospital with nary a burp, and averaged 29 MPG even at that speed through the mountainous terrain of PA.

But all good things must end, I guess, because the timing chain broke last week. And because I’m not a mechanic, it will cost me too much in labor to repair. So, again, this car does not run: This is a “parts only” and “where is, as is” sale without warranties or guarantees, and the vehicle must be towed from the property.

The plus side - - -

1. It still ran well every day for my local commute to work, even with 224,000 miles on it.

2. There are some pretty good parts that were replaced in the last 20,000 miles:

a. Rack and pinion - entire assembly, including boots and both inner and outer tie-rods
    b. Alternator
    c. Mass air flow sensor
    d. 5 good rims and 3 very good tires

3. This car was "on the road" until this happened - current registration and inspection can be seen in one of the pictures.

4. It comes with a full tank of gas. :-) (I'd filled-up 36 miles before the belt broke.)

The minus side - - -

1. I pulled the after-market radio/CD player.
    2. These don't work - heater/AC fan, ABS, and left-rear window.

But it started every day, drove me faithfully to work, and handled well under all conditions. So if you are looking for some good parts, some of which with very few miles on them, then you have come to the right place. Again, please note that I cannot deliver the car: It must be towed from my home in Ashburn, VA (ZIP 20147) near Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia.

Please call me at 703-798-0124 with any questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

M4DEUCE Blog :: daily dwayne :: Next Level Tuning

you mean timing BELT... any idea if there is damage to the head? Normally breaking a timing belt is NOT a good thing... I didn't see a price... the motor was about the only thing worth a damn in that car and me thinks its probably SHOT...

Comment

Working...
    X