2001 VW Jetta TDI 5spd (96K miles) 100% Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 VW Jetta TDI 5spd (96K miles) 100% Stock

Up for sale is my less than 100K mile TDI Jetta 5 spd NOT NOT NOT auto :D Based on what I'm seeing this car should be well worth the asking price; however, I'm open to offers, just be realistic. I see 200K mile cars selling for 6500+, I also see auto cars with 150k miles for the same... So considering this is an unmolested 100% stock 5 speed TDI with less than 100K on the clock (97,xxx), I'd say it's well worth the asking price.

With all that said, there is very little to say about the car. Typical MKIV interior, the handles inside the car are peeling a bit; however, all the rest of the plastic seems solid. The center console isn't broken which is surprising. The car does have cloth interior; however it DOES still have heated seats. The only "issue" with the car is that it appears that the PO bumped into something with the front bumper so there is a slight bend in the plastic .25"x4"; in addition, it could be painted, though not 100% necessary. No holes or anything like that. If I were keeping the car, I'd be swapping for GLi/aftermarket bits so I wasn't concerned. There is also a small spot on the pass side fender about the size of a quarter. I can take a picture later or feel free to text.

The car is extremely sound with no issues that I'm aware of. I drive occasionally for my whopping 15 mile round trip commute. Typically takes a month or more to need fuel.

I love the car, and would really prefer to keep; however, I'm a BMW guy through and through, and will be replacing this with a touring.. That said, I am willing to get myself into trouble for the right trade...

I would be interested in a super clean non-swapped E30 (late model plastic bumper cars or early cars that have had the diving boards swapped off...), I would ALSO be interested in CLEAN E28s, E34s, 4-door E36 M3s, or a touring E34/39/46; I'd also be interested in a super clean 2002 or E9/E12 or E21... As for VW interest, I would be into MKIII GTi's, MKIV Jetta or GTi with 1.8T/VR6 ONLY (prefer FI VR6); I'd also entertain a CLEAN MKII GTi.

Otherwise the price WAS $9500 OBO...

For a quick sale: $7900

Update: I found the car I want... This week ONLY: $7000 FIRM

For the quickest response, text me, if you're not big on text PM me here, otherwise reply to thread. 980.three two nine.6282

Pictures below. I have much better pic's I can text you if you like. Will update thread if necessary.

Pictures: THE LIGHT ON THE DASH IF FOR WASHER FLUID!!!

Last edited by Works243t; 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM.
    E92 M3...

I considered buying a TDI golf a few years ago, but quickly realized they were out of my price range. These things are fetching a premium because they get crazy MPG's.

I have no doubt this one will sell for north of $9k if you advertise it well
    I like cats.

Comment

under priced IMO.
      list it on tdiclub.

Comment

PS. Sorry for the crap pic's, I'll update with better shots as soon as the rain stops!
        E92 M3...

Comment

on top off all of that, it has the right trans in it! I look for these ALL THE TIME! Can't tell you how many times I've seen them with "auto trans just gone out/going out."

Our family has a 2010 tdi sport wagon with DSG. The verdict is still out with me on that one, auto trans and all. It is a heck of a motor though.

Comment

The gas mileage is great!!

Comment

Bump
              E92 M3...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmlavery View Post
                on top off all of that, it has the right trans in it! I look for these ALL THE TIME! Can't tell you how many times I've seen them with "auto trans just gone out/going out."

Our family has a 2010 tdi sport wagon with DSG. The verdict is still out with me on that one, auto trans and all. It is a heck of a motor though.
                Totally different engine in your jetta. The ALH TDI is the pinnacle of awesomeness in the VW diesel world. They've gotten progressively worse from PD and on.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                  Totally different engine in your jetta. The ALH TDI is the pinnacle of awesomeness in the VW diesel world. They've gotten progressively worse from PD and on.
                  This. The CR engines blow, but my PD motor that was swapped in mine is amazing. Very torquey and constantly does lower 40's MPG wise mixed.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

Bump for quick sale. $7900
                    E92 M3...

Comment

Has the timing belt been replaced yet? Good looking TDI.

GP

Comment

Any interest in a high-mile but well maintained AWP GLS Jetta? Plus cash on my end.

See FS post here.

Comment

Bump. Found the car I want to replace this with. Cash offers welcome.
                          E92 M3...

Comment

I fixed that for ya ;)

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                            Totally different engine in your jetta. The AHU TDI is the pinnacle of awesomeness in the VW diesel world. They've gotten progressively worse from PD and on.
                            93 E30 325ic BrilliantRot M20B25 TCD S2+ GS637BZ CT3582R MS2

Bought from or sold to me?
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200290

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                              I fixed that for ya ;)
                              AHU is cool, MK3's are shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X