Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325is / Alpine/Tan / OEM+ / Documented since New

Absolutely no trades.

The time has come to sell my car. It's too nice to drive through the upcoming Chicago winter and I don't have room to store it properly. Unfortunate for me, but great news for someone who is looking for an unmolested, properly maintained, original e30. There aren't too many left like this - especially in the midwest.

The basics:

- 1990 325is
    - 5-speed
    - Alpine White II on tan (leather)
    - All factory VINs
    - Clean History
    - No Accidents

The car was originally from Florida and spent most of its life in the south until it came to the midwest around the mid 2000s, where it was brought by the gentleman I purchased it from in Madison, WI last year. It has virtually everything ever done to it documented, and there was A LOT done. From the regular dealer maintenance from new until about 85k to where I am with it now.

Interior:

Fairly clean with no smells or tears or anything major of note. Seats show some age, but the leather is still fairly supple and has been leatherique'd recently. Some cracking in the passenger seat. Cracks in dash above instrument cluster and in the passenger side cubby. Seat functions all work except the passenger side lower extender. Virtually no rattles or squeaks - it's super quiet.

Exterior:

Really really nice. NO rust. Some very minor dings. Super glossy & straight. One spot on the hood where paint looks to be a bit thin and primer showed through. Minor chips in the front end, but much less than you'd expect from a 23 year old car. No stories here - the car has been preserved very nicely. It's not concours, but that's the beauty of a car that has been used consistently and still looks this good. It has Alpine White basketweaves from an M-tech cab that I put on with newer tires, but they're an off-brand (don't remember which). I can include the BBS RMs for extra $ if anyone is interested. Window trim has been shadowlined with tape, which is easily removed.
    Also has:

e28 M-tech spoiler
    Euro trim all around (new)
    IS side skirts (new)
    IS lip (new)

Mechanical:

Also great. I had the timing belt, valve cover, valve adjustment, plugs, belts, hoses & water pump completed about 2000 miles ago last winter. In addition to that, it has had all of the above done at least 2 more times throughout its life as documented in the PO's records. Shifts are nice and precise and the clutch wasn't replaced too long ago either (including various other driveline-related components). It's got an ANSA exhaust that's supposedly better than stock, but I was never been able to compare otherwise.

There are no leaks, but there are some minor spots of moistness from oil at the front of the engine, not anything I ever worried about. It doesn't burn oil or overheat, at one point I was driving it 500 miles a week for 2 months traveling from Chicago to Indy for work. Even hot summer day rush hour traffic with the AC on doesn't phase the car. Yes, I'd confidently say that it'll drive to California if you needed it to.

Suspension/steering:

Lots of work done here too including, but not limited to A Arms, steering rack, tie rods, new Billy sports with H&R race springs. Billys are only about 10k miles old. I did choose to upgrade the car with Ground Control coilovers with 650/440lb spring rates, which is why the car sits lower than normal. These will not be included unless the new buyer requests for them to stay on (more $$). If the new owner wants the GCs, I'll include the Billy/H&R combo as well.

History:

Everything since day one. Stack of receipts, thousands of dollars put into the car that have brought the car to where it is today. I took some quick notes from all the receipts about work that has been done on the car:

There's probably a lot more about the car that I'm missing, but don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in the car. I understand that it's not for everyone, and that at this time, with this condition, cars like it aren't $3k.

Price:

As you see it in the photos: $9200

Without coilovers (Billy Sports/ H&Rs installed): $8200

15x7 BBS RMs with nice 205/50/15 S.Drives (in addition to the basketweaves): $1500 extra

aprses at gmail dot com

Last edited by hexagone; 10-19-2013, 10:28 AM.

very nice, shouldn't have a hard time getting rid of it, although you'll probably regret the sale.
    this reminds me to get the pinstripe refinished on my car

Comment

Flawless
      -Experience is what you have right after you need it

sigpic

Comment

Will be gone by next week. Then regret will settle in.
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Odd we're not seeing the usual shit talking on 9k pristine stockers like in other threads; my own included.

I agree that this car won't last long, it looks to be seriously clean.

GLWS man
          Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
            Will be gone by next week. Then regret will settle in.
            Yes. All of this.

Livery Wheel | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

This is amazing

Comment

Very nice!!!

No cat?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmann View Post
                  Very nice!!!

No cat?
                  Cat had some loose material in it that caused an annoying rattle so I had it removed. Sounds good.

Comment

What's the build date on your car? I have a very similar* '90 325iS (*in not as good a shape) but it doesn't have an airbag, and I don't think it ever did. Mine's build date was 06/89.
                    '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

This is EXACTLY what I want to trade my vert for! GLWS!! Beautiful ride!

Comment

Originally posted by BadfishTX View Post
                        This is EXACTLY what I want to trade my vert for! GLWS!! Beautiful ride!
                        Got your PM about a trade - but I happened to actually snatch an MT2 cab for winter driving purposes.

:)

Comment

I have a decent eta if you want to trade + cash. Interior's cardinal and (no offense) in a little better shape than yours.

Otherwise I'd have to file for divorce to justify getting this... you know, writing that down doesn't make it seem like it would be that bad.

Ends and means... hmmm.

Beautiful car, GLWS.
                          /______\_o_/______\
                          l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
                          \ #___======___# /
                          |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Originally posted by hexagone View Post
                            Got your PM about a trade - but I happened to actually snatch an MT2 cab for winter driving purposes.

:)
                            I will trade you my 91 318is (which is pretty pristine) for the M3 in your sig LOL. Seriously, good luck with the sale for such of great example of a car.
                            1997 328i - SOLD
                            1991 325is - SOLD
                            2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                            1991 318is
                            2011 328i xDrive
                            2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Bump for a beaut Chicago car. No rust & looking great, GLWS :beer:
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                              X