Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: 1987 325 in San Diego

Hello r3v,

I'm debating selling my '87 325 5-speed with tan interior and wanted to gauge interest here. The car has served me very well, but I recently picked up a 540i 6-speed to daily and now that it's almost ready for the road, the possibility of some extra $$ in the bank around the holidays is getting quite tempting since I can't work on cars where I'm living now (stupid apt). At this point I'm debating between selling it as-is if I get a good enough offer, or upgrading some stuff and selling it for more. I also reserve the right to keep it, so help make up my mind.

That said, on to all the details...

The Good:

Runs, drives, clean title, currently registered, and passed smog a few months ago. Starts promptly, every time. The car started life as a 325e, but currently has a stock I head (etc) stroker swap that was already properly done when I acquired the car from fellow member Dustin (rede30). IIRC, the engine has ~150k and less than 30k since the stroke.

No CEL. Odometer, tachometer (7k) and rest of gauges fully functional.

Car came with a new clutch, which has about 6k miles on it now. (Maybe less, but I'd rather estimate high.)

The car pulls strong and I average 20-25 mpg mixed (depending on how heavy my foot is feeling). The valve cover gasket, timing belt, tensioner, thermostat, exhaust gaskets, coolant and water pump were done less than 5k miles ago, after which I drove her to Vegas and back in the middle of summer, averaging 30 mpg driving 70-100mph.

New distributor cap, rotor, and plugs less than 3k miles ago. Will come with working spare.

80-90% BF Goodrich Radial tires that I put on shortly after purchasing the car.

Euro clock, pop out windows, aux-in (crappy Pioneer head unit I never got around to changing), and functioning door locks that use the same key as the ignition. Windows work too.

Fresh oil w/ Bosch filter. Have oil to flush the trans, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Brakes were done with OEM pads less than 2k miles ago.

OEM Toolkit.

Diving boards tucked by PO.

The Bad:

Approximately 206k on the chassis.

Cracked dash.

Missing center caps for wheels.

Has one or two minor oil leaks. Nothing worth losing sleep over.

A/C needs recharged or converted since it is still on R-12.

Exterior passenger door cylinder likes to get sticky sometimes, but never bothered me enough to rebuild it.

Almost time for some shifter bushings. (Or a SSK from BMA...)

Power steering isn't hooked up and I personally have never tested it (Looks like the reservoir leaks a little). I bought it unhooked and I prefer manual steering, so I left it that way. All components are there though.

Brakes are a little squeaky and could use a cleaning, or maybe a bleeding will fix it. Without a place to work on it, it hasn't bothered me enough to fix it yet since both the brakes and clutch work great.

The Ugly:

Needs a suspension refresh, including control arm bushings. Springs are still solid, but other parts are feeling geriatric. (Main stuff I would upgrade)

Right front blinker has a gremlin that bumps its way in and out of my life at random.

Windshield is cracked (still driveable), but car will come with a spare.

Left front fender has minor damage that was repaired prior to me, however car will come with spare fender in Alpineweiss.

Driver door has shadowline trim, rest of car has chrome.

As-is, I'm looking for $2500 or best reasonable offer. I'd also be willing to trade for certain guns + cash, but no more cars right now. Delivery is also an option, for the right price. Sorry for the crappy pics, I shot them with my cell phone at dusk and she needs a wash. Like I said, this is a feeler. Show me whatcha got r3v.

Attached Files

A couple crappy interior shots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X