PA: 1989 BMW 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA: 1989 BMW 325ix

Car is now $2000 FIRM (WITHOUT THE ITALVOLANTI STEERING WHEEL OR HUSCO ARMREST)

186K miles
    Diamondshwartz black exterior
    Black Comfort interior (Very Clean)
    Automatic Transmission

PA Inspected through 3/14

Located in Pittsburgh, PA 15232

Trying to slim down my fleet so "The Ultimate Snowmobile" is up for sale. Its a phenomenal daily driver that hasn't let me down during my entire 1.5 years of ownership.

Pros:
    AWD WORKS FLAWLESSLY
    Replaced timing belt/water pump/tensioner/cam seal all at the same time last year immediately after purchasing the car.
    Replaced front axle boots with new boots and grease (done professionally at import shop here in Pittsburgh called "SteelCity Autowerks")
    New battery in November of 2012
    5 New tires, Dunlop Signature 2's, (including new tire on spare) in December 2012 (2000 miles old)
    Completely overhauled the front suspension and rear suspension (all except rear subframe bushings)...Brand new from BMW shock mounts up front, new BMW control arms ($300 a piece), new lemforder sway bar links, 4 new Sachs shock inserts (front and back), new boge? shock mounts in rear.
    New VDO Fuel Pump
    Replaced steering rack with re-manufactured rack from Rack Doctor as well as brand new hoses and washers with brand new steering fluid reservoir. Also replaced the tie rods with brand new lemforder tie rods as a "while you are in there" kind of thing.
    Replaced the exhaust with new Bosal Exhaust
    Replaced the front pads and rotors (Brembo Rotors with Akebono pads)
    New Cap and rotor with timing belt change
    New Bosch plugs with timing belt change
    New Bosch Premium O2 sensor
    New BMW wires a few months ago
    New BMW crankcase vent hose
    New BMW vacuum hoses (replaces all from brake booster to throttle body)
    New BMW valve cover gasket
    All new CPR and BMW cooling hoses when timing belt done
    New Behr Radiator
    New BMW Coolant Expansion tank (the old one was looking dingy)
    New Thermostat housing (both pieces) from BMW
    New thermostat gasket
    New cork Throttle body heater gasket from BMW
    New Windshield washer lines from Germany (Not available in US, the dealership legit told me to go to pepboys...)
    New windshield washer nozzles from BMW
    New windshield washer fluid pump from BMW
    Brand new from BMW glass (Hella) passenger side headlight housing (the ones that came on the car had a crack)
    Good condition Husco Armrest installed (slight tear at the front)
    Heated seats - fully functioning (will light your ass on fire)
    Heater works perfectly
    Odometer works still
    NOS Intervolanti Formel wood steering wheel (yes, a never installed wheel from the 80s that was just lying on the shelf in some guys shop in Australia. I had it shipped here, cost $80, and I still have the original box it came in).
    New All-weather E30 floor mats from BMW

CONS:
    The AC doesn't work
    PAINT - the paint on the car is faded. it has completely faded on the tops of the wheel arches and is delaminating on the roof.
    Rust - Rust is unavoidable on cars driven in the "rust-belt" as Im sure you can attest to. There is some rust on the jack points in the front of the car, some rust starting to form on the door (about the size of a quarter), and rust on the rear apron by the tow hook.
    Rear Bumper Damage - When I had the car in for service it was backed into a wall. I have the replacement trim piece in the trunk but the bumper has a small crack that will need repaired.
    The idle - The car idles a little weird when cold. When up to temp though it runs like a champ.
    The rear of the car is a little whiny at 50 or so MPH. From what I've read, the rear differential most likely needs a new input shaft bearing or I need new wheel bearings.
    There are some small chips and streaking in the windshield
    The driver and passenger lock cylinders don't work. You can purchase cylinder rebuild kits directly from bmw for $20 a piece.
    The Akebono brake pads didn't come with a space for a pad-wear sensor so they aren't installed. I think the light is out in the SI board so it doesn't show up anyways.
    The ABS light is on in the dash. while replacing the brakes a few months ago I realized the speed sensor wire on the passenger's front wheel was split in 2 so that may be the culprit.

Let me know if you want to fall in love with this car as much as I have:

Price: $2000 FIRM. No trades please.

Cell: 215-(eight)73-4583 (calls no later than 9 PM)
    Last edited by joeym215; 11-03-2014, 06:05 AM. Reason: Price Drop

Here is short video of the engine turning over and revving when warm:

Comment

Price drop to $5100.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks.

Comment

I was contacted by a PO through a PA BMW facebook group who said he had replaced the transfer case with a rebuilt one during his ownership. I will try my best to validate his claim, possibly drive up to his place to see if I cant get any paperwork from him. If that is the case, this car is a PHENOMENAL value at $5100.

Comment

Well the heated seats stopped working this past week. I will work to fix them this week but in the meantime I am lowering the price to $4800 in its current state.

Comment

I am moving to North Carolina in 2 weeks and 3 cars is just too many to take. I no longer have time to wait for the right buyer so I am changing the price to $4000 FIRM. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

Comment

Well, I brought the iX to P & W BMW here in Pittsburgh to provide some insight on the sporadic idle issue/misfire and to conduct a state inspection for the next owner. The car failed inspection because of a small rust hole in the passenger floorboard and some rust on the drivers side. Also, the report noted the rear hard brake lines have some corrosion on them so they need to be addressed. My problem is I would pay to fix all of these issues but I am moving next week and frankly I don't think I can orchestrate a repair in that short amount of time. so I am lowering the price of the car to $2950 FIRM.

The price is only good until next tuesday. If no one takes the car by then, I will put the car in storage indefinitely until I can figure out what to do. Please let me know if you have any questions. This is one hell of a deal people as I have nearly twice that amount in the car.

This is the report from the P & W tech:
              Last edited by joeym215; 03-28-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Bringing this back from the dead...I would love not having to pay insurance on a car I never drive and I have my wedding to fund, so the price of the car is now $2000 FIRM WITHOUT the Italvolanti wheel and Husco armrest. PM me if you have any questions. I live in North Carolina now but the car is in Pittsburgh so we will have to make arrangements for me to meet up with you in the burgh if you are serious. Thanks for your interest

Comment

Working...
                X