FS: 1990 Alpineweiss 325is 5spd -- Midwest Price Reduced Again $4500obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 Alpineweiss 325is 5spd -- Midwest Price Reduced Again $4500obo

Fist off, as per forum rules: "Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, please stay out of the thread or else be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended." If you have any constructive criticism, I will be happy to hear it via a PM. Thanks.

I have a 1990 alpineweiss 325is for sale. I purchased it in the fall of 2011. The odometer quit working around 175k and started working again for a bit, and then quit again around 180k. To the best of my knowledge, the car has about 200k on it.

It has tan leather interior. The front driver seat has some tears and foam degradation, but it is still comfortable. I have a pair of tan vinly front seats for this car that are in extremely good shape that I would be willing to include if you get close enough to my asking price. We can work this out once we get into the details of the sale.

This is the work that's been done to the car with my best guess as to mileage on the car since the work has been performed.

Professionally cleaned and rebuilt cylinder head <20k miles
    New water pump <20k miles
    New belts <20k miles

All these parts were done at the same time and have roughly 10k miles
    T.C. Kline valved Koni sports (I have the short front strut cartridges, so it will be easy to drop the front ride height if desired. I custom machined spacers so that the short cartridges fit and behave properly in the stock configuration.)
    H&R Sway bars (rear bar has <3k miles on it)
    195/60/14 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs (It came with Khumo all seasons that I can include. There is no dry rot, and they have a lot of tread left.)
    Braided stainless flexible brake lines
    EBC yellow pads
    Centric rotors
    New e-brake lines
    New e-brake pads
    New OEM lower control arm ball joints
    New OEM lower control arm bushings
    New OEM rear trailing arm bushings
    New OEM inner/outer tie rod ends
    New battery
    New fuel filter

All these parts were done at the same time and have roughly 7k miles
    New OEM radiator
    New OEM fan
    New OEM fan clutch
    New OEM shroud
    New OEM coolant hoses (A couple of the hoses had been replaced when the cylinder head rebuild was done. I just replaced the rest of the hoses that were 20+ years old, which was most of them. Yes, this includes the pita one under the intake.)
    New Oil pan gasket (sealant kind, not the cork rubber kind)
    New engine mounts.

I believe it has a Z3 short shifter in it. It is very clean for it's age. There is no structural rust that I've found that hasn't already been fixed. The surface rust that is left has been treated with a rust conversion product, and top coated with touch up paint. There is some very minor front end damage. Two owners ago it was in a very minor accident. The front right fender has a small dent that can be popped out pretty easily. It has the expected small dings and paint chips characteristic of any car that has 200k on it. The chassis is still straight. It's a great driver.

All the fluids are about 1.5 years old now.
    The engine pulls very strong with that rebuilt cylinder head.
    I will include all other material or spare parts I have for it with the car, with the exception of that other pair of front seats which can be negotiated for.
    With all the work that I've done to this car, it is as mechanically sound as you will find for a 20+ year old car. I've had no issues doing round trips to and from Milwaukee with it (about 700 miles round trip).

That should be the vast majority of the work that's been done to it. I may be forgetting a few things here or there.

I'm asking $5000 o.b.o.
    I'm willing to ship at buyers expense. The car is sold as is. Title in hand. Cash is king.
    I am just south of Indianapolis.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

An interior picture. You can see the dash and cluster. The M steering wheel.
    You can also see the damage I mentioned about the front seat(s).

A quick shot of the engine bay.

A front three quarter view that shows the minor front end damage mentioned above.

More pictures to be added.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JP-X; 05-08-2014, 09:27 AM.

I forgot to mention previously that I do have new black plastic pieces for the front bumper that will be included with the car.

Trunk view.

Here's a quick shot of that extra pair of front seats that I mentioned.

Here is a rear three quarter view.

Again. Let me know if you have any questions. I prefer PM if possible, because that way it will send me an email, and I will most likely see it quicker than continually checking the thread.

Thanks for looking at my car.

Cheers,

Josh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JP-X; 04-22-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Take is outside in the Sun and take some Decent pictures.

Comment

Now that I'm on a different computer I can see that the pictures in the first post are broken images. I'll fix those tonight. I think the weather here might be cooperative enough that I can get it outside for some better pictures tonight.

Comment

Here are a few more overall pictures.

Attached Files
          Last edited by JP-X; 04-22-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Price reduced to $5000 obo
            Thread and pictures updated.

Comment

Bump

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Comment

4sale

Hey:

I'm local, interested in selling the extra seats?
                1987 E30 325is (5-Speed)
                2006 E83 X3 M-Sport (Slush)
                2010 E90 328 X-Drive MSport (Slush)

Comment

Originally posted by MPoser View Post
                  Hey:

I'm local, interested in selling the extra seats?
                  If the seats don't sell with the car, I'll give you the first crack at buying the seats. Fair enough?

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I am in missouri, bought a e34 from your area before though, not a bad drive. Price is a bit too high for me though atm, I am more in the 3k range.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ckM View Post
                        I am in missouri, bought a e34 from your area before though, not a bad drive. Price is a bit too high for me though atm, I am more in the 3k range.
                        That's what about a 4-5 hour drive mostly interstate from where you are? That wouldn't be too bad at all.
                        Anyway, thanks for looking, and good luck with your search.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Price drop again. $4500 o.b.o.

This no longer includes the extra seats, but they can be negotiated for.

Comment

Working...
                              X