Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is, 72k, over 7k invested

1987 BMW 325is, 74k Orig Miles, Over 7k invested, greymarket

My name is Cliff, the car is in Lorton VA, and my cell # is 508-400-1116. I'll take more/better pics on my lunch break, and can email/text them.

This was my summer toy / project car, and I had been flirting with the idea of turning it into a track car. I really don't want to sell it, but unfortunately my work/family situation is sort of forcing me to. Below is the list of everything that's been done to it since July of last year:

The Good:

New Z3 Steering Rack & Tie Rod Ends ($1100)
    New Clutch (SACHS)
    New Slave Cylinder
    New Timing Belt
    New Water Pump
    New A/C Compressor (re man'd)
    New Thermostat
    New A/C Expansion Valve
    New Fan Clutch
    New a/c cooling fan (7 blade instead of 5)
    New Spark Plugs (OEM)
    New High Performance Silicon Wires (From Bavarian AutoSport)
    New Cap&Rotor (OEM)
    Ellipsoid Headlight Conversion w/xenon low beams (6000k white bulbs) ($300)
    New Alpine Head Unit ($450)
    New Focal Component Speaker Sets (2 pairs) ($600)
    Hard-Wired Valentine 1 kit (radar detector not included)

Things that were done to it before I acquired it:

4 New Kuhmo Tires
    Battery (not sure when)

The Bad:

The muffler needs replacing! The pipes and baffles are pretty much completely gone. I was going to put one on, but (A) I wanted to save up for a TriFlo, and (2) it sounds really good as it is right now! Not too loud, but it's got a nice deep/throaty grunt to it.
    The front spoiler is cracked. It's fixable (according to the body shop I brought it to for an estimate) but I was holding off until I figured out what I wanted to do with the car.
    The oilpan has a slight leak. It's warrantied if you bring it up to Zimmerman Automotive in Gaithersburg, I just haven't had the time to get up there on a Saturday to have him replace it.
    The body has a few rust spots and knicks. The biggest rust spot is underneath the drivers side door along the runner. There is a parking lot dent on the drivers side rear fender-well. (some idiot in a parking lot backed into it and left.) I filled it with oem touch up paint, and it's pretty un-noticeable unless you're right on top of it.

It has 74k original miles (carfax included), and literally every single thing on this car works as it should. I just took it up to Boston and it got me 28mpg (without a/c) / 25mpg with. The shift linkage is as tight as it was the day it was new, the a/c blows ice cold (38 degrees), the heat blows hot, the windows and roof work as they should. The windshield is still the original windshield, with the BMW logo in the corner. From what little research I've done, this is apparently a grey-market car (the speedometer is in miles, however the fuel gage and instant mpg is in kilometers). Also the 13 button OBC is permanently in german/euro mode. (I purchased a new 13 button obc because I got sick of busting out my phone to convert celcius to farenheight, but the original obc is included with the car, should you want to put it back.)

I'm into this car for around 9k between the cost of the car itself, and all the upgrades/repairs. Like I said, I really don't want to sell it - I've got so much into it. I have no idea what to ask, so please feel free to email any (cash) offers. I have a clean Massachusetts title in my hands, and a bill of sale written up. Email a phone number if interested. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Pretty, need interior shots, engine bay, underneath, all problem areas (battery tray, trunk, door jams, fender areas by wheel wells. More photos = more chance of selling quickly!!!

GLWS
    1987 E30 325is (5-Speed)
    2006 E83 X3 M-Sport (Slush)
    2010 E90 328 X-Drive MSport (Slush)

Comment

Should put a general price on for other people. It be part of the rules.
      1989 325i Cabrio
      tyzg

Midwest E30 Owners Gruppe Facebook

Comment

Is this still available? I have cash in hand and I'm relatively close, although I'm not sure what you're expecting to get for it.

Comment

Working...
        X