FS/FT: 1975 BMW 2002 M42 swapped, Retomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS/FT: 1975 BMW 2002 M42 swapped, Retomod

Time to pass the torch, Looking to sell or trade for a daily driver late model e30+cash.

$14,000 Open to ***Reasonable offers.

The highlights:

1975 (no smog required)

Clean title in my name with current registration.

Original Socal car still carries CA blue plates, Original Polaris, car was painted about a year ago, proper engine out, glass out stripped down to bare bones paint job

-Complete suspension rehab, every thing was bought from IE and no money was spared
    Bilsitens Sports with cut IE stage2 springs, + stage 2 sway bars.
    All new bushings

-New weather stripping all around, door seals, front and back windshield, and rear popup windows.

-e21 recaros in 9/10 condition due to a cut on the driver side seat bolster(see picture below) the seats were taken out of a storage where they sat since 1983, I replaced the bottom seat straps as well as the retaining clips with new ones from Aardvark.

-M42 Engine swap with all what the swap entails(new fuel lines, walbro inline pump, ect ect), done professionally by Castro's motorsport, it was done using JakeB swap kit, the engine was pulled out of a babied 91 318is that had a little over 100K miles, All seals and gaskets were replaced, new water pump, thermostat, radiator, and SPAL 16" electric fan, new starter, and clutch slave cylinder. Mess under intake was also cleaned out all Smog related crap deleted and all hoses were replaced with new ones.

-All gauges work, we had to go with VDO electric gauges for the speedo and tach(both fit in stock location and work flawlessly)

-Completely new braking system in the rear and new pads upfront.

-IE stainless steel brake lines.

The car runs great it's been on 140 miles round trip before without a hiccup, sits at 3000 rpm doing about 70-75mph and gets over 30mpg all day.

-It still needs about a $1000 and a couple weekends to be finished(if you do the work yourself)
    Things needed to be finished: Finish Dynamating ($100-$150) carpet Kit($250),headliner($120-$150), and reupholster the back seat

Center console is in good condition. Door cards vinyl is in great condition but backings need to be replaced.

-No Money was spared building this 02.

I will gladly answer any questions you might have, my number is 818 703 2097, or you can send me a message through the Forum.

Thank you for looking
    Mohamad

Last edited by ma.jomaa; 05-24-2014, 08:30 PM.

Why not daily drive the 2002?? 30+ mpg and a great looking car! Good luck.
    '91 318is turbo

Comment

I remember this car from the FAQ... Great looking 02 and the swap looks super clean. GLWS
      -Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

Comment

Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
        Why not daily drive the 2002?? 30+ mpg and a great looking car! Good luck.
        Thank you, if it doesn't sell the plan will be to finish it and daily it although I'm too scared to do that but we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by mattio523 View Post
        I remember this car from the FAQ... Great looking 02 and the swap looks super clean. GLWS
        Thank you, yes I listed the car on the FAQ a while back but took it off when I sold my e21 323 which i was daily driving at the time, I'm hesitant on selling the 02 but if the right offer comes along I'll pass her on to someone who will finish and enjoy her.

Comment

Working...
        X