• Show
Clear All

1991 318is light mods

SOLD! Thanks everyone for looking! :)

Mileage: 287,000 miles on WORKING odometer
    Clean California title in hand
    Price: $5300 OR BEST OFFER
    Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ERX2p#eqllzeg

Hi everyone, for sale is my 1991 318is. The car is Sterling Silver Metallic and has 282,000 miles. Stock M42 pulls strong without any issues. I purchased this car from forum member blyguy in May of 2013. It has been a very reliable daily driver for me. I’m only selling because I just bought an E36 M3, and as much as I wish I could keep both, I can’t, so the E30 has to go.

Body: 8/10
    Paint: 6/10
    Interior: 9/10

Tags are paid until July of 2015. The car is smogged and ready to go. A/C works.

Upgrades:
    Koni Yellow shocks
    H&R Sport springs
    Bimmerworld TrackCAB solid control arm mounts
    Turner/Conforti performance chip
    4.10 LSD – purchased from a r3v member who pulled it from an automatic 325i
    Dynomax Super Turbo muffler welded to stock piping (orginal muffler had a hole in it)
    Red46 Sump Armor skidplate
    Hawk HP+ brake pads
    M Tech 1 steering wheel (original airbag wheel also included)
    H4 low beams

Car currently sits on a set of 195/60/14 Dunlop Z1 Star Specs with plenty of life left.

Maintenance and repairs under my ownership:
    Oil changed every 3,000 miles
    Rebuilt shifter
    New sway bar endlinks and bushings
    New timing chain tensioner
    New oil pan
    New ambient air temperature sensor (Red Rocket Labs)
    New reverse light switch
    New oil filter housing gasket
    New thermostat housing gasket
    New steering rack boots
    Replaced idle control valve
    New radiator and hoses
    All new Contitech belts
    RedLine 75w140 differential oil
    RedLine transmission oil
    Recent coolant flush with BMW blue coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled water

I have a thick folder of receipts for all work performed under my ownership. I also have a stamped maintenance book for the car from new to ~210,000 miles. Car comes with many spares.

Issues:
    Car needs a heater core. Currently I have it bypassed because the climate I live in doesn’t warrant a heater often so I opted to save my money for the time being.
    Brake lining light illuminated on the dash. Checked all pads and they’re fine, I think the previous owner just neglected to change the sensors when he did the pads.

Please PM me if interested. I am located in Morro Bay, CA. If you don't like my price, PM me with an offer. I will consider all reasonable offers. Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Pratttattattat; 09-05-2014, 11:52 AM.

No mention of A/C? Does it work? r12 or R134?

Jeff

Comment

AC works, belt chirps a little bit but I have a new contitech belt to go with the car. I believe its R12.

Also, can a mod please change the title to 318is? Didn't realize I made a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pratttattattat View Post
        AC works, belt chirps a little bit but I have a new contitech belt to go with the car. I believe its R12.

Also, can a mod please change the title to 318is? Didn't realize I made a typo.
        You can change it. Go to edit the original post and click "go advanced".
        Glws.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

PM me an offer, I need this thing gone!

Comment

I'm in ventura - price it outside my budget but text me at 805 340 3284

Thanks.
            David

Looking for my next E30. Have one? Call or text me (805) 340-3284 or email me at: dclrod@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X