1987 325is blk/red 5spd coupe 99k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is blk/red 5spd coupe 99k miles

We bought this a few years ago from a forum member, Rob Becker. It would have been in 2009 I believe. There were grand plans to get a track car, but a second kid and life got busy, and the car sat, and sat, and was driven very seldom. Then it developed a coolant leak and it was parked (in a cozy, indoor garage for 3 years). Then this Spring, after making time to replace coolant hoses and a few vacuum hoses around the throttle body, she was back running again.

Before it was parked for 3 years, I also started a euro bumper conversion. It's not perfect, but it's ok.

The good:
    rust-free (as far as I can tell, I've been over it a decent amount and don't see a thing)
    nearly new exhaust (OEM I think)
    Coolant hoses replaced
    New parts included, water pump, new fan blade, rest of short shifter parts
    Have original 325is US bumper airdam and rear US bumper along with other misc parts from the original US bumpers if you want them.
    Car has a thick binder of records including original window sticker and I saw receipts back to 1989 in there.
    I have the original wheels that will go with the car. Currently it has d-force wheels and Sumitomo tires.

The bad:
    DOT-r replacement left fender
    drips some oil
    passenger side window inop
    could really shine with some paintless dent removal and paint cleaning, but no clearcoat issues that I see anywhere
    finish is peeling on rear spoiler
    small tear on driver's seat leather
    blank canvass for suspension mods, it could use everything (all bushings, shocks, etc). Or drive as-is.

We're into it for a bit over $5k so I'm going to offer it at $5250 or best offer. I have high res photos if anyone needs them and I'm happy to take other photos if requested for those serious about the car.
    Last edited by flipwils11; 03-18-2015, 06:07 AM.
    cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Bump! Edited with some new details and a lower price. I'll also be listing the car on the Roundel BMW CCA classifieds.

This would be a fantastic platform for a new owner to do a nice motor swap, a streetable but very sporty suspension, and mount the M-tech 1 front airdam for a great euro look.

Comment

Id love to pick this up.

Comment

I don't know what's finer: the cardinal on schwartz or the euro-bumper look. That's a really cool car you got there. GLWS

Comment

Thanks.

This car would look fantastic with spec e30 suspension and a front mtech-1 airdam!

Comment

No offers surprisingly, but a local kid wants to trade cash plus an '02 GSXR 600...

Comment

Looks like an awesome car! Hope it goes to a good home.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Car is sold pending payment and pickup.

Comment

Working...
                X