FS: Mint 1988 325i Convertible - Needs Absolutely Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Mint 1988 325i Convertible - Needs Absolutely Nothing

I am selling this car for a close friend and former local Grayson BMW technician.

This 1988 325i convertible was purchased from the local BMW dealership by the current owner after it was traded in.

It has 226,442 very well maintained miles.

99.5% perfect paint (recently resprayed and professionally wet sanded by James Autobody here in Knoxville.)

This car has been completely restored and needs nothing. It is garage kept and is registered as a legit antique vehicle in the state of TN. Looking for a clean garage to call home.

I'm well aware you can buy a running E30 vert for $2-$3k but I also guarantee you will spend at least another $4-$5k just to get it close to this condition.

Recent work in the past 6 months:

- New Timing Belt & Tensioner
    - New water pump and coolant flush
    - Valve adjustment (motor is super smooth and quiet)
    - New Valve Cover Gasket and Rocker Plugs
    - New Oil Pan Gasket
    - Replaced Getrag 260 (due to original transmission being noisy)
    - Interior completely reupholstered in Alante Wine Premium Vinyl (by Kustom Stitch)
    - New Leather 5spd OEM shift knob
    - Garagistic OBC LED Lightbar
    - New Bosch foglights
    - Reconditioned leather sport steering wheel
    - New antenna grommet
    - New Cocomats
    - Exterior paint and trim polished with P21S & Sonax products here at Kadunza.

Highlights:

- Crackfree Dash
    - Working Odometer
    - New Convertible Top in black (no leaks, no holes, no bad seems, no foggy rear window, its perfect)
    - Complete Toolbox and Rear Window Cover in trunk
    - Heated Seats
    - No Leaks / No CELs / Everything Works
    - All 4 14" tires evenly worn at 80% tread life (General Altimax RT)
    - BMW Motorsport door handles
    - JVC KD-A725 Headunit
    - Cold A/C (properly converted to R134A)
    - Everything works!

This thing is a great clean example of a stock E30 convertible. You will be hard to find a convertible in this condition for this price.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Serious cash offers will be considered. Owner has too many BMWs and is not interested in any trades.

It is currently being store inside our showroom at Kadunza. Feel free to call us at the shop to ask any questions about it. (865) 246-6569

Last edited by RobertK; 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM.

Wowzers! She's a beaut..... GLWS

Comment

For everyone currently selling a clapped out swap car for 10k+, PLEASE take note.

Great looking car, Id say gone by Monday

Comment

Gorgeous! Why can't I find an example this clean in the colors I am looking for. Argh.

Comment

nice

Comment

Cherry. I can't believe it's not gone yet!

Comment

Concours mint clean. GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by vitacura View Post
                Gorgeous! Why can't I find an example this clean in the colors I am looking for. Argh.
                Find something close and we can restore it anyway you like. This car was pretty nice to beginning with we just took care of the paint, polish, re-upholstery and fine details.

Comment

Such a beautiful car

Comment

Beautiful pics of the interior! Really done right and showcases the clean lines of the car.

For those of you looking for a 'vert, this is a great example. Buying a clapped-out version for $2-$3K, you WILL spend more than the difference to get your car to this level!

Paint, interior and a new top are all high $$ upgrades! (Ask me how I know, I've owned 3 'verts!) New tranny? Maintenance done? Forget it, guys, this is a steal for the price.

Comment

Pretty sure i saw this car around downtown. This motivated me to finally get one. Just bought a cheap one a few days ago!! That car is beautiful definitely an inspiration.

Comment

It just sold on Friday to a local who has given it a worthy home.

Comment

Working...
                        X