WTB: e30 M3 rebuilt/salvage title or s50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: e30 M3 rebuilt/salvage title or s50 swap

Looking for my next BMW project, a e30 M3 chassis, preferably running but in need of major work, and to keep costs down, salvage/rebuilt title

Lmk what you have, thanks!
    sigpic
    Current:
    2002 M3 Imola

Past:
    1992 528i Brillant Rot
    2003 330i Titanium Silver
    1997 M3 Alpine White
    2000 M5 Avus blue
    2003 M3 StahlGrau
    1991 318is BrillantRot
    1996 M3 Techno Violet
    1998 M3 Arctic Silver
    2002 M3 Topaz Blue

Good luck. The m3 market being what it is, "keeping costs down" is a very relative term these days.

Comment

It amazes me what rusted out and thrashed rollers are going for. $10k+ is a bit absurd.
      Gabe
      '91 318is

Comment

Too bad, there was an M3 for sale 2 months ago, full car, but rough, $8500..

Comment

I may have what you are looking for. I have owned the car for about 13 years, it is a 88, I believe around 250k miles, all stock except for a few upgrades it runs and was my daily driver for all but the last 4 when I put it on a non-op. At this point I just want to get rid of it because it is sitting covered in my driveway and I know I'm not going to do anything further with it. It starts and drives as of 4 months ago when I took it out for a short spin. It is not a show car by any means but I kept it mechanically sound, which I care more about. Let me know if you are interested.

Laters

Comment

@smokeviper, how much are you looking for it? pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeviper View Post
              I may have what you are looking for. I have owned the car for about 13 years, it is a 88, I believe around 250k miles, all stock except for a few upgrades it runs and was my daily driver for all but the last 4 when I put it on a non-op. At this point I just want to get rid of it because it is sitting covered in my driveway and I know I'm not going to do anything further with it. It starts and drives as of 4 months ago when I took it out for a short spin. It is not a show car by any means but I kept it mechanically sound, which I care more about. Let me know if you are interested.

Laters
              Not sure if troll.
              Current:
              1989 325i
              1988 M3
              1987 325ic
              Past:
              2001 330ci
              2001 M3

Comment

Wow must be a lot of posers out there I guess since I'm being accused of being a troll.

I'm getting a bunch of PM's asking the same questions I'll try to answer them here. First I don't have any current pics on hand except when I was actually driving the car 4 years ago. I will try to take some current ones and upload them when I get home from work this morning.

First off as I said in the original post the car is NOT showroom perfect. As such I will try to post pictures of the bad stuff that I know about so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Second I have no idea how much my car would be worth because I can find no comparable models during my internet searches. *shrug* I am not into horse trading like pawn stars or American pickers, so when I figure out a fair price that's what it will be.

Third I live about an hour north of LA.

Lastly I will be leaving for a roadtrip Saturday, but will be back and available to physically "show" the car on the 26th.

Heres info about the car, I'm sure that there is more but this is what I can think of right now.

The car was stole for the San Fransisco area from the last owner and then was seized by the county Sheriff later at some point.

During that time the new "owner/thief" managed to back it into something and the rear driver side quarter panel was damaged. The above mentioned damage from the thief was only cosmetic and never appears to have been in a major accident

When I took possession of the car from the junkyard that the Sheriff left it at, I it drove to my home. The car has a clean title and is NOT a salvage.

I have as of now been the owner of the vehicle for the past 13 years it has never left me stranded.

Except for the last 4 years when it was on a non-op, it was my primary driver.

The vehicle still starts and runs, I took it for a drive down a twisty back road about 4 months ago, (yes I was breaking the law to do this because it's a non-op).

All the repairs I had done were done with OEM parts with the exception of the cat and muffler. I do not have any receipts as most repair work was done by an old BMW mechanic in his spare time.

I Upgraded timing chain tensioner

New clutch and lightened flywheel around 5-10K ago, there is flywheel chatter once the car warms up. (it's annoying)

I upgraded to a 25mm Brake master cylinder

Cut in a new rear quarter panel to fix the damage from the thief. You can not tell that there was damage form the outside but you can see the body work from the inside. I will send pics.

Vehicle was repainted the original diamond metallic black and it was a crappy job... it will need repainting again paint is peeling off in places i.e. chin spoiler/clip again I will send pics.

"New" rear differential from Bavarian auto recycling (this was done right before I parked it in an attempt to track down a noise which turned out to be I believe the rear driver wheel bearing) It will need to have a new gasket in this as it has a slow leak. Yes it is the correct part for the M3

As stated above I believe the rear driver wheel bearing needs replacing, probably both sides.

Replaced plugs and wires and distributor

New struts, the springs are stock original

New seats, the front is imitation leather the back is the OEM leather

New brakes, pads and rotors

New windshield when I bought it (it now has a few cracks that have been repaired)

My brother hit a cat on the LA freeway near the end of when I was still driving the vehicle and the oil cooler was repaired because of the accident.

The front nose clip doesn't quite sit right from the above cat collision (I usually had a bra over the nose to mask this)

Fog lights are damaged/missing

Transmission seems to have excessive play in the shifting knob I have nothing to compare it to as I have never driven another M3, however it has never popped out or given me problems, been like this that since I bought it.

The AC worked when I parked the vehicle (probably doesn't now), it has been converted over.

The previous owner chipped the car with a Turner Motorsports chip, which I discovered when I bought one for it and had to return it.

I had a new cat and muffler put on the car not it is NOT OEM, the muffler is obnoxiously loud, but it was the best I could do at the time.

All electronics windows/sunroof/ect work on the vehicle

Driver side rear-view mirror will need to be repaired as the mirror lens wants to pop out.

The car has around 250k miles on it.

I did all the oil changes myself at regular intervals

There is a slow oil leak in the motor (very slow)

It is right now on a Non-op

There is no rust on the car that I know of.

The main reason I am wanting to get rid of it is because I have 4 other cars, and don't want to spend the money/time to return it to the street.

hopefully this gives you all some info that you can use and shortstops the basic questions. I will post the pics in a new thread as not to hijack this one, probably too late for that and I apologize or for improper format.

Comment

Please let this be the second thread where someone asks for an E30 M3 and then one actually surfaces lol

Comment

Either that or I just wasted a hell of a lot of my time.

Comment

Here's a rebuilt title one for reference (s52 though).

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4844404272.html

Comment

That seems like a bit much honestly. But what do I know.

The good news is that she started right up on a jump, the bad is that she ran like crap, I pulled the plugs and it looks as if #2 cylinder is not firing, its 3 year old gas, and I don't think that stabilizer works that long, swapped plugs but it didn't seem to help, I'll sort it out.

Here's the pics the mileage is actually 233,500 minus change, I'm not going to post it for sale as per the forum rules till I get an idea on what I should ask, any susgestions would be appreciated. And what ever the price the original poster would get first crack if they are still interested. Forgive me if these pictures are crap, best I could do short notice.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More pictures
                          Attached Files

Comment

And still more. Back seat looks worse than I remember.
                            Attached Files

Comment

And lastly. That's the best I can do for right now. Questions?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X