Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 BMW 325i S52 Track Car - $7500 OBO

Sold.

I’m listing my track car for sale as I’m moving to a different platform and injuries prevent me from doing any further car maintenance this year. I tried to list a pretty fair price, but I’m open to offers as I need to get this car out of the garage to make room.

I’ve been using it as a track day car, although the previous owner built and raced it a few times in NASA GTS-2. You’ll notice some body damage….I had a mild impact with a tire wall last year. I’ll be happy to answer what questions you have, but the impact really wasn’t bad and the car is almost back to ready to go (I bought a donor car from a R3V member to replace some body parts and add some fun parts). Only issue now is a bent right rear trailing arm. I have replacement trailing arms, with new RTABs, RSBs, and a 22mm Ireland sway bar sitting in the garage ready to install. Car still runs and drives as is, but it is absolutely not safe to track as is since the right rear is currently toe out pretty far.

Here’s the list:

-OBD2 S52 with ~180k. Pulled from known good car. Engine sourced from a reputable R3V member. Beisan vanos rebuild.
    -M50 intake manifold
    -Raceland header
    -KaMotors 3” intake
    -ZF320 transmission
    -UUC lightweight flywheel with M5 clutch
    -Diffsonline 3.73 triple clutch variable ramp diff
    -Stewart water pump
    -Mishimoto radiator
    -Condor engine and transmission mounts

-Massive Brakes Race front big brake kit
    -Hawk HT10 pads front and rear
    -e32 brake booster

-6 Point cage NASA legal.
    -Racing Technology Dash 2
    -Sparco Pro ADV expired
    -Sparco alcantera steering wheel
    -Sparco Sprint has a year left I believe
    -Schroth and G Force harnesses both expired
    -Car does not have windows mounted because of the cage, but I have two windows that have handles. They are pretty secure and only leave a small gap a the top.

-Ground Control coilovers and camber plates
    -Treehouse racing front control arm bushings
    -Z3 1.9 steering rack with PS delete
    -Sparco strut bar
    -Ireland Engineering 25mm front sway bar with adjustable end links

-Condor rear subframe and diff bushing included, but not installed
    -New Kosei K4R 15x8 with 1 year old unused BFG Rival 225 45 15

Other bad stuff worth noting:
    -It's developed a tick on the top end that I haven't isolated exactly yet. I think it could be a stuck lifter. Car sat for a few months without being turned on after I moved to Houston in June.
    -The dash is 100% functional in the car, but it has a blown voltage regulator for the 5v power supply. I made a little circuit box with my own voltage regulator to supply the 5v for the sensors that need it. Can be fixed in dash, I just didn't bother with it.
    -I'm assuming you'd be taking the rear suspension out anyway, but the rear subframe bushings really need to be replaced (new bushings included with sale).

I have no title for this car. Only bill of sale. Located in central Houston.

Asking $7500 OBO.

Last edited by sludge1300; 01-17-2015, 02:15 PM.
    -Chris

Sweet car and a smokin deal id say! What's that in the backround there. Looks likes somethin else fun. GLWS!
    1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
      Sweet car and a smokin deal id say! What's that in the backround there. Looks likes somethin else fun. GLWS!
      Thanks man. Good eye...two fun things in the background, my wife's F80 and my BRZ.
      -Chris

Comment

Great seller and great deal.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
        1989 325iC M50 Vert
        1989 325i Coupe
        1991 318is
        1995 318ti Club Sport
        2006 330i e90
        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Chris is a cool dude! Sad to see it go, but happy to see what's next!!!
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Have to ask.. are you willing to part anything?

Comment

Thanks everyone. Car is sold!
              -Chris

Comment

Nice!
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Working...
                X