Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'88 325i Convertible S52 swap OHIO REDUCED $4,400 - SOLD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 325i Convertible S52 swap OHIO REDUCED $4,400 - SOLD!!!

Moving to the west coast and have to sell her. Located in Columbus near OSU campus. Pick up only. As of last year, this was an unmolested automatic with 200k miles and a blown head gasket. I have service receipts form 2002, 2005, and 2006. I got a good deal on a wrecked '97 M3 with 170k miles and swapped the engine, transmission, radiator, exhaust, and steering rack into the e30.

Overall condition is good, but it has a few minor rust spots starting to for (pictured), and the drivers seat is torn. It runs and drives, but has a few issues (below) that will need to be addressed before it is ready for longer trips or daily driving. I would call it a 90% finished project that just needs completed.

What it has:
    -H&R sport springs
    -Bilstein shocks
    -Eibach sway bars
    -BBS RA 15" wheels
    -S52 from '97 M3 (should be good for close to 270 crank hp with the
    mods)
    -m50 manifold swap
    -3.5" maf
    -bimmerworld silicone intake
    -cone filter
    -24lb injectors
    -Conforti tuned ECU
    -e34 oil pan
    -ZF transmission
    -e36 M3 steering rack
    -relocated stock brake booster

What it still needs:
    -LSD - hast the stock open diff (4.10 i believe) which is way to short for the LS tranny and shorter tires. Needs a 3.23 or something similar.
    -4 wheel alignment - Has not been aligned since the suspension components were installed.
    -Exhaust - The m3 exhaust was pretty rusty, but I got it hacked on there just to have something. It leaks and is held on with strap iron. I would highly recommend a full custom exhaust before driving the car much.
    -wiring - I made a custom pigtail to connect the e36 and e30 harnesses, I'm no electronics expert. It's getting a check engine light and an oil light (even though oil level and pressure is fine). Also, the battery terminal block needs to be mounted, and the wiring could be tucked/routed better.
    -convertible top - The fabric itself is in great shape, but the rear window is hard to see out of. It leaks (almost inevitable with an 80's convertible).
    -some general detail work - I just haven't really had the time, but it could use a good engine bay degreasing, carpet cleaning, wax job, etc.
    -oil leak - It may just be because I overfilled it, but I'm going to recheck the torque on all the oil pan bolts, which will hopefully take care of it.
    -Cooling fan. It has been fine recently, but summer is coming.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickC; 05-12-2015, 08:30 AM.

Viva the bronzit sleeper vert! Not a bad price for a s52 swap...GLWS

Comment

I need this sold in about a month, so to make things interesting, I will be reducing the asking price by $50 per day until it is gone. You can have it today for $5450

Comment

$5300 today. Come and get it.

Comment

$5150 for an S52 swap!!!!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Why do you make this offer? People will just wait until the very last day to get the lowest price.

Comment

Bring it to the west coast, finish it, and then list it for $8k
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Sent PM

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                    Why do you make this offer? People will just wait until the very last day to get the lowest price.
                    Because someone might get it before you (you being a potential buyer following your plan).
                    sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                    1997 M3 (sold)
                    1989 320i Touring (sold)
                    1990 325i (sold)
                    1991 535i/5 (sold)
                    1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
                    http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                        I thought I'd try something different. Most people list their cars at a high price so they can get what they actually want for it after some haggling. The buyer feels like they are getting a good deal, because they picked up the car below the asking price, and the seller is happy because they got what they actually planned to in the first place.

The idea of this 'reverse auction' style of listing is that there is no end date. When the price gets near the market value, buyers will want to snag it before someone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                          Bring it to the west coast, finish it, and then list it for $8k
                          The thought had crossed my mind. Unfortunately the cost and hassle of getting it shipped and getting it California legal is not going going to be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X