Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325i Alpine White - Clean - 250k - Montana

The basics about my car:
    Car: 1987 325i (with late model plastic bumper conversion)
    Mileage: 250,xxx (head rebuilt at 120k)
    Title: Clean
    History: Purchased in LA in 2011 with 232k, up until my purchase the car had been registered in that area since purchased new.
    Exterior: Alpine White, shadowline trim, 318is black rubber spoiler
    Rust: California car, no rust underneath. (see below)
    Transmission: 5-speed manual (with UUC Evo III short shift including DSSR and ZHP knob = crisp, wonderful shifting)
    Rear End: 3.73 LSD
    Suspension: Everything refreshed (sway bar drop links, CAB, control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, rear subframe bushings, etc...) recently including Bilstein B4 shocks and HR OE Sport springs done at 240,008 miles. I chose the B4/HR OE spring combo so that car was more daily driver friendly.
    Wheels: E38 Style 5's et23, filled/drilled to fit the 4x100 set up of the e30.
    Tires: Falken 205/50-16s (less than 2000 miles on them)
    Options: Sunroof, 13-button OBC, Oil Cooler
    Interior: Black leather (with sport seats in front)
    Headlights: projector low beams
    Audio: Kenwood X891 HU, Zapco components, GAS (Luke box) sub woofer with Obcon 10inch woofer. Drien by Audiobahn and Jenson amps.
    Steering Wheel: M-Tech 1
    AC?: Yep, it works.
    Dash: Recently swapped very clean dash. Had one 1in. crack in the coin tray that can’t be seen while in the car. I drilled 1/32in. relief holes on either end of the crack to stop the spread.
    Glovebox latch: Replaced with non-keyed latch. The key ones fail and are a real pain to replace.
    SMOG/CARB: MT doesn't have emission standards, but the car passed the CA SMOG stuff about a month before I purchased it in 2010.

Maintenance done just before I bought the car:
    Code:
    Timing belt
    Thermostat
    Water pump
    Slave cylinder
    Fuel pump
    Fuel pressure regulator
    Odometer gears replaced
    Maintenance under my ownership (things like oil changes, fluid flushes, etc... not included)

Code:

Name    Mileage
      232000   Blower Fan Resistor  
      233000   Tires / alignment
      234000   Power Steering Leak (tightened hose clamp by res)
      234000   AFM
      234500   Rear Subframe bushings  
      234500   Control arms, sway bar drop links  
      234600   Spark plugs (NGK ZRG5A)  
      234600   Plug wires  
      234600   Cap/Rotor  
      234600   Fuel Filter  
      238000   Power steering belt                  
      238650   Glovebox Latch
      246000   fix gas smell (loose hose clamp)  
      247000   fixed stereo (HU end caps)
      247000   fixed seat slider  
      247700   Dash swap
      248000   Shocks / springs (Bilstein b4 and hr oe sports)
      248000   Replace tie rod end (right side)  
      248700   Tires / alignment
      249920   front wheel bearings (Mehle)
      250250   Battery
    What needs attention:
    Right side rear window: doesn't roll down
    Driver side fog light lens: cracked, will replace before sale
    Paint (body): for the most part, the paint is in great shape. The front valance has rock chipping. There is a small dent in the trunk lid (0.8in in diameter, 0.2in depth) that has a little surface rust around it. A little sand/scrub and some touch up paint would take care of the rust. I do not intend to fix the dent, though I will include a picture of it.
    Paint (rocker panels): Fading black, as seen in the photos
    Body: Front valence has a bend on the bottom
    Interior: Need a new battery on the cluster to allow the oil interval light to be reset
    Engine: Valve cover gasket (should have this done in a week)

My use of the car: Daily driving. It has never been auto crossed or tracked. I've never dumped the clutch or even drag raced anyone. Do I drive in a spirited fashion from time to time? Absolutely, but this isn't a race car and I don't treat it like one. The previous owner drove an E34 M5 and an E36 M3 as well, he treated the car well and drove it easy too.

Overall: From my perspective, my e30 is in good shape and has been maintained/updated in a fashion that makes it a great, reliable daily driver. The little things like suspension, headlights, audio, shifter, have all been updated so the car has a more modern function while maintaining a stock look. It starts without hesitation and idles smoothly. It would also be a good starting point for modification if that is your thing.

Location: Bozeman, MT. I work for a company in San Mateo and am down there frequently. For the right buyer, I can drive the car down to the Bay Area on my next trip to headquarters.

Price: $5000

Photos

Trunk dent/surface spot

Interior

Just for fun, a friends garage where I service the car

Video of a 90% throttle pull in 1st/2nd gear.
    Two things: I am at 5000ft altitude which accounts for a 15% loss in horse power, and the ABS module was not plugged at the time of this recording. It is plugged in and functioning now.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Lots of PMs, no offer accepted yet. To the top.

Dan

Comment

Pending

Dan

Comment

That shadowline trim looks so good on the AW. Really cool car, sir, GLWS!

Comment

Sold

Dan

Comment

FYI: Federal law dictates that cars over 25 years old don't have to maintain pollution equipment. In case someone is sqearmish about that issue.
            Loonatic

Comment

Originally posted by fiveofeight55 View Post
              FYI: Federal law dictates that cars over 25 years old don't have to maintain pollution equipment. In case someone is sqearmish about that issue.
              Wish that was true in California.

Comment

Working...
              X