'88 alpine coupe s54/5lug/GC/Cage/staggered M-systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 alpine coupe s54/5lug/GC/Cage/staggered M-systems

I've owned this car for 11 years, and never thought I'd sell, but I'd like to go Spec e30 racing and need some start up cash. I was going to hold off posting it here, in hopes to sell locally and not step on the toes of others selling similar cars. However, my craigslist ad has been cross-posted a couple times now so I might as well.

The car is a 1988 325is, mileage unknown, but most parts are new, and I rarely drive it on the weekends even. I would guess mileage is around 210k.

Engine-
    -s54b32 from '06 M3 with 70k miles. SGT headers/UUC LTW flywheel
    -mss54hp ecu- EWS deleted
    -Arc Asylum oil pan (dual sump) and modified subframe

Transmission/Diff-
    -ZF310 from '95 m3. e34 m5 clutch (new 3k miles ago). 1st gear grinds going in when other people drive my car, out of habit I always go 2nd to 1st before taking off and it never happens to me. Othe than that gearbox shifts and works fine
    -AKG DTM style shifter
    -3.23 4-clutch LSD w/ Porsche solid clutches
    -Re-built e30 big guibo driveshaft. New U-joints, centering bushing and support bearing

Suspension-
    -Ground Control Coilovers/Koni adjustable shocks 550/750# springs
    -Ground Control camber plates and billet rear shock mounts
    -Racing Dynamics swaybars with adjustable links
    -Treehouse racing control arm mounts
    -All new hubs (FAG brand) e36 m3 front/e30 m3 rear

Brakes-
    -Massive booster delete with modified pedal ratio
    -e46 m3 PFC direct drive two piece rotors (front)/e46 m3 calipers
    -e46 325i rear rotors/e39 540i Aluminum calipers
    -5 lug kit using CNC'd spindle sleeves in the front and e30 m3 rear hubs (not e36 stuff with weird caster)
    -Adjustable Wilwood pressure limit valve for rears

Interior-
    -Back-half spec e30 roll cage, tied into strut towers. Not a bolt in roll-bar.
    -Recaro Pole position drivers seat on Massive slider adapters. Sabelt 5 pt harness
    -Momo Start passenger seat, also on sliders. Schroth 5 pt harness
    -Momo Prototipo steering wheel
    -Autometer digital water gauge and Innovate LC-1 mounted to radio delete panel
    -Rear seat and trunk sound deadening removed (car weighs 2550lbs with 1/4 tank and has been corner balanced recently)
    -Perfect Dash

Wheels/Tires:
    -e34 m5 staggered turbines 17x8/17x9
    -Bridgestone RE760 215/45/17 and 245/40/17
    -I have a couple sets of slicks that can go with it (two Conti ST's and one Toyo RR)

The car is in fantastic condition. The body is not perfect, I have clearanced the fenders for tire fitment and there is some cracking of the paint on the lips, but overall it is very nice. It also has some dents here and there. All original paint in great shape.

As for the interior. It has No A/C, a roll cage, 5 pt harnesses, no power steering and is very loud. There is no rear seat obviously, but the carpet and dash is all still intact. Interior (carpet and door panels at this point) are cardinal red. Interior is very clean, albeit not complete (because racecar?)

Mechnically the car is great. There isn't really anything that needs attention, but I did notice the drivers rear axle boot has a tear. Also the car still has stock rubber bushings in the rear subframe and trailing arms, I am not a big fan over stiffening up the rear of an e30 (I do run the swaybar), but this would be up to the next owner. The exhaust is also not the prettiest, and the collector is too close to the engine which hurts low end power. For more info, check my project thread or the s54 dyno thread, where my exhaust is currently public enemy #1 :).

Price is $18k, or would like to trade for a NICE Spec e30 or spec e46.

I know I missed some stuff, I suck at constructing for sale ads, but I have touched every nut and bolt on the car and can answer any questions about it. Feel free to PM or email @ jonathancbraswell@gmail.com

6-10 e30-8 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-5 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-7 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-6 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-4 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-3 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30-2 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

6-10 e30 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

20141001_205608 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

20141001_211801 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

GEDC1973 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr

YES the car will have a corner marker at the time of sale
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Forgot to mention, just dyno tuned by Markert Motorworks. Made 306whp/252wtq. It's fast!
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I sure do like this car. Looks to be worth every penny.
      1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
      2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
      2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I love this car. It has to be a beast on the track. Good luck with sale man.
            1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
            1990 e30 325is
            1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

How do you sell this car? Really gorgeous, sir. GLWS

Comment

Wow. If I was going to build another e30 this is pretty much exactly what I would want it to be. GLWS.
                88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Thanks! At this point I'm really considering just selling the plug n play swap, 5 lug, and M-systems. Then I can just finish building the front of the cage, build an m20, buy spec suspension and go racing. It would be nice to hold onto the car
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

If I were smart, I would buy this car, since this is exactly what I want to do with my red car...but alas...

GLWS, I've always really liked this car a lot.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

that's got to be one fun toy. awesome!

Comment

Just an update, I have someone coming to look at the car on Thursday. If it doesn't sell, I will be parting the car and building this chassis into a spec e30. Kind of a shame since its so clean, but I do like the idea of keeping the car. I have a pretty solid buyer lined up on the drivetrain/swap parts, but will be looking to sell Ground Controls/5lug/big brakes/moonroof/etc. So let me know if anyone would be interested, all really nice parts in great condition.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Buy a beater for spec e30 and build it, you'll have to cut that rear rollbar section out anyways as it ties into the shock towers and won't be legal.

That car looks too clean! One of my favorites on here.

Comment

That was my original plan, but it's kind of a sentimental thing at this point. After owning this car for so long, if anyone wrecks this car it better be me!

The cage is spec e30 legal because it ties into the cross-bar and not the strut towers. There are national cars that have been through post race tech with the same cage. But yeah, I had this discussion with my friend that runs spece30 this weekend, because he was also questioning the legality of it.
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Car is definitely being parted now. Spec e30 build starting this month
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                              X