FS: 1992 MTech II convertible 5 speed, S52, E30 M3 5 lug and brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1992 MTech II convertible 5 speed, S52, E30 M3 5 lug and brakes

I've struggled with the decision to sell this car however, with high school sports and other weekend activities taking up our time, we simply don't use it as much as we'd like. Plus, we'll have a new teen driver soon and will need the room for her daily driver.

For sale is a 1992 BMW e30 MTech appearance package 325ic 5 speed with an s52 swap from a 1999 M3. It also has an e30 M3 5 lug swap that includes e30 M3 brakes and e30 M3 wheels. The car now has 119k on it and the s52 has 98k. I purchased the car in 2008 with 105,000 miles on it with the intent to transform it into what it is now – a reliable, safe, and cool summer time daily driver. Soon thereafter Ben Thongsai and myself began collecting the parts needed to transform the car. A low mileage (85,000) s52 and transmission were sourced from a wrecked 1999 M3. I have a carfax and pictures of the cluster verifying the mileage. And the e30 suspension bits were sourced from a 1988 M3 that Lee Vuong (Massive Lee) was parting. My wife drove from Chicago to Montreal to pick up the parts! Once the car was completed she drove it daily during the summer months between Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois without issue. This car will comfortably make the trip to either coast. More pictures are available.

I rarely drive the car however, THIS CAR SCOOTS! Unfortunately it does come with supercar syndrome, a term my 11 year old uses for the constant attention we receive on the road and at the gas station. It looks cool, sounds cool and drives awesome. It receives as much attention as my E30 M3.

The only mechanics to work on this car since I purchased it in 2008 have been Ben Thongsai in Chicago, Illinois and Reggie Stewart at Reggie's Motorsports in Noblesville, Indiana. Below is a list of the things I have upgraded or notable items important to e30 enthusiasts. I likely forgot something so feel free to PM me with questions.

I'm in my mid 40's and built this car to be a solid and safe driver. I've never shown it however, I'm sure it would win something at a BMW event. If you're not interested in the car then I see no need for negative comments. If you are interested in this car PM me and I'll gladly provide you with my cell phone number so we can chat ear to ear. I've been involved with the Windy City and Badger Bimmer chapters of the BMWCCA since 2000 and am a driving instructor for the Badger Bimmers - although soccer and bicycles dominate our time now and I haven't been on a track in two years. I've also instructed for the Chicago Lotus club and other small clubs in the Midwest.

The price is $18,500 and am not interested in parting the car. Car is located in Madison, Wisconsin and, since I purchased it, stored in a heated garage during the winter months.

Wow!  Is it really Friday already?!  As they say, time flies when you’re having fun!  We’ve got another short and sweet post to kick off your weekend right! Are you in need of summer tires for your ride?  Give Nick a call at 317.773.0074 to ask about our current tire promotions as well as our Read More...

It doesn’t seem possible that it’s time to be NC bound, but alas!  We’re off on our 4th annual road trip to The Vintage!  More on this in a moment.  We’ve got a little of the usual business to take care of first!  ***Please note that our office and shop will be closed on Monday, Read More...

DRIVETRAIN/ENGINE:
    - S52 from 1999 M3 (98K) with OBDI conversion and S50 intake, Turner custom chip and intake
    - 413 red label ecu, and custom harness by Ben Thongsai
    - Transmission from same e36 M3 with new in 2014, OEM clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate and TO bearing)
    - 3.25 LSD with new seals and cover gasket
    - E21 brake booster
    - Slightly modified by Ben Thongsai stock e36 M3 exhaust with new in 2014 high flow cats (awesome sound with a nice burble on downshift)
    - Functioning and cold A/C from same e36 M3 donar car (new evaporator, switch & drier)
    - new fuel filter and clamps
    - new valve cover gasket in 2014

SUSPENSION:
    - Koni adjustable shocks with H&R sport springs on all 4 corners
    - Turner e30 heavy duty rear shock mounts
    - E30 M3 sway bars
    - E30 M3 steering rack from same e30 M3 donor as suspension
    - OEM E30 M3 brake rotors and pads at all four corners.
    - New control arms and tie rods
    - New power steering reservoir, lines and rack boot
    - Stainless brake lines from Turner
    - E30 M3 wheels stripped with centers painted nagaro silver and lips polished prior to clear coat application
    - Yokahama 205/55/15 S Drives installed in June of 2011 (< 5,000 miles)
    - New parking brake shoes in 2015

INTERIOR:
    - Small crack (< 1/2”) at center ridge of passenger side depression of dash
    - Stock e36 M3 shifter
    - New convertible top and window in 2009, adjusted by Reggie in 2013
    - New side window seals and trim in 2013
    - New carpet
    - Heated seats rebuilt with all new struts, foam and new Creative Options dove leather with gray stitching
    - Creative Options shifter boot and parking brake boot with M stitching
    - Husco arm rest with cup holder and custom Creative Options leather cover with M stitching
    - Creative Options leather wrapped door handles and map pockets
    - Lighted M shift knob
    - Functioning OBC (all pixels are good)
    - Rear head rests added
    - New Kenwood head unit with usb, new MQ Quart 5 1/4” speakers, new 4 channel amp installed in trunk
    - New central locking system controller and door and trunk actuators (gas door actuator disconnected)

EXTERIOR:
    - Depo Smiley Headlights added in 2013
    - New OEM Mtech front valence
    - New rear side markers
    - Repainted rear bumper and front valence, original paint everywhere else and it shows nicely (2 scuffs, one on the leading edge of the driver's side front fender and one on the lower portion of the rear valence)
    - Small crack in rear tail light lens
    - Small chip in kidney
    - Small chips in front bumper
    - The top requires manual folding when going down (the motor and all mechanicals function fine however the OEM metal springs that help fold the top are tired)

Last edited by fast325it; 08-04-2015, 08:45 AM. Reason: additional picture
    sigpic

Last edited by fast325it; 08-04-2015, 03:14 PM. Reason: additional pictures
    sigpic

Comment

Beautiful.
      Glws
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Monday bump for a beautiful car. This car is built the right way. Would cost 30g's to duplicate.

Comment

This car is outstanding!
          I joined up to r3v as I am on the market now for my first E30, I don't want a convertible, but this is making me think twice! It's beautiful!
          One does not simply walk into 4door
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Not a fan of the verts,but I like this one. Nicely done and glws!
            NASA
            BMWCCA member
            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
            1997 M3 sedan
            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

This is exactly what I want to do to mine, although, it isn't as nice as yours. GLWS!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Wait a sec.... how is this not a PERFECT daily driver for your teen??!!

Comment

Additional iphone photos added. Thanks for the kind words. My daughter does, in fact, think this is the PERFECT car for her.

I haven't added all the receipts however, I'm confidant I have close to that in this car. It was built to be a safe and reliable ride for the family.
                  sigpic

Comment

Weekend bump.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey is this still for sale?

Comment

Car is still available and PM sent.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sold
                          sigpic

Comment

WTF! why am I just seeing this listing!!!! F*#K!!!!
                            Current Cars:
                            2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                            2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                            2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                            1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                            1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                            1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                            1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                            2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                            CLEAN E30'S
                            S54 DRIVETRAIN
                            E30 DASH
                            E30 PARTS

Comment

I bought this E30. He was nice enough to meet me near the Milwaukee airport. The car looked great in person and drove like a new car. After we worked things out I started driving south. Did a few appointments on the way back to Houston. When I got home Friday I had put 1530 miles on it. I was very impressed how well the car handled high speed and how quick it is, even the family loves it. Another bonus was 34.5mpg, doing 80mph with the AC on.

Nice meeting you and thanks for building such a nice E30.

Comment

Working...
                              X