FS: Solid '92 325iC 5-speed, $3K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Solid '92 325iC 5-speed, $3K

Just a feeler here. If you're looking for a solid DD plastic bumper 'vert, here's your chance. Lagoon green over natural leather with a black top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151008_171130_zpsyklcqdho.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	7245830

Name:	20151008_171300_zps0ikdrny1.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	7245829

Name:	20150926_151819_zpshb7rzhg5.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	7245827

Name:	20150926_151917_zps6d6wbi6v.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	7245828

Car is located in Pittsburgh, PA. As it's sitting the fuel tank to be purged or replaced. It starts and idles but won't run over 3K RPM. Very low miles - less than 120K. Really solid start for a build. It was originally a Florida car, so it happily has no rust except for a little surface corrosion on the battery tray. Late model bodywork, M20B25, manual transmission and 14" basketweaves.

The car is a bit worn, but it's unmolested and totally original, right down to the OEM stereo. I will share a full title history and all documentation with interested parties. I rescued the car from long-term storage and have been slowly working the kinks out. I've just installed a new timing belt, idler, water pump, v-belts, and OEM fuel pump. I also changed all the fluids. Clutch is practically brand-new, it was replaced when a lower-mileage used motor was installed. I heard the original motor snapped a timing belt.

Mechanically the car is very solid. It has a few of the usual E30 problems but there are no show stoppers here. I'd recommend new front struts, arms & CABs, rear shock bushings are a good idea too. The P/S rack is leaking but I have an E36 rack that goes with the car.
    Electrically it's in good shape too. All the windows work, gauges work, bulbs are good, heater fan is good, 13-button OBC works. Check control is totally random, bad brake sensor, bad coolant sensor, the stereo keeps trying to play a phantom cassette tape. EM power top is not functional but it can still be retracted manually.
    Cosmetically, the car is OK, but it needs some work. Rear window is clear, no significant rust, all trim is intact except for the front spoiler. Some superficial bodywork has been done on the passenger side front and rear quarters. Clearcoat has failed on hood and trunk, dash has a few cracks, top has a few holes and the power retraction system is missing some parts. Front seats both have small tears in the lower pads but they are otherwise OK. Rear seats have shrunk & split at the top.

I'll consider all offers but I'm relatively firm on price. I'll also consider trades, especially for other BMWs. Manual transmissions in Euro cars and E23/E24/E28 stuff strongly preferred.
    Last edited by DesktopDave; 10-28-2015, 08:44 AM.
    sigpic
    Save the manuals!
    '91 318i
    '86 635CSi

Bump!
    sigpic
    Save the manuals!
    '91 318i
    '86 635CSi

Comment

Labor Day weekend bump.

This car has been a great project. I'm just not into convertibles and I feel the need for another E30 sedan. This is the cheapest facelift E30 'vert on the entire internet and it isn't a rust bucket. It even runs! Just needs a clean fuel tank to be a solid driver. Shipping the car would be best until the fuel system problem is resolved. I'll also consider trades. Other BMWs, cars with manual transmissions, or motorcycles.
      Last edited by DesktopDave; 09-22-2015, 09:17 AM.
      sigpic
      Save the manuals!
      '91 318i
      '86 635CSi

Comment

Pics of the body work? Very interested

Comment

End-of-summer bump. A low-mileage (119K miles) plastic bumper 'vert with a 5-speed - how many of these can possibly be left?!? Sure, it needs some work, but this is R3vlimited!

...think of how awesome this car will be come springtime... :D
          Last edited by DesktopDave; 10-22-2015, 03:38 PM.
          sigpic
          Save the manuals!
          '91 318i
          '86 635CSi

Comment

Bump!
            Last edited by DesktopDave; 10-07-2015, 04:05 PM.
            sigpic
            Save the manuals!
            '91 318i
            '86 635CSi

Comment

surprised you still have this. 2500 is a good value for this project.
              Originally posted by Lof8
              4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
              therefore, their value is much greater.
              Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
                surprised you still have this. 2500 is a good value for this project.
                Don't I know it! I've had quite a few nibbles but no bites. I figured it'd sell quickly. It honestly does need a lot of work...and I'm not skilled enough to do the cosmetics.

I'm going to hold onto this one, I think. I'll replace the fuel tank and get it running nicely, then see about R&R on the interior and top.
                Last edited by DesktopDave; 10-07-2015, 04:13 PM.
                sigpic
                Save the manuals!
                '91 318i
                '86 635CSi

Comment

Bump because I missed BTTF day.
                  sigpic
                  Save the manuals!
                  '91 318i
                  '86 635CSi

Comment

Working...