• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD: '87 325is - S50 swap, euro bumpers

1987 BMW 325is coupe
    Alpine White exterior, black leather interior
    VIN: WBAAA1304H2322818
    Mileage: unknown (186,691 showing on no-op odometer that is not original to the car)
    Asking Price: $9,400

I bought this from fellow R3VLimited member “brodee” (Thad Davis) in October 2014. Almost all of the upgrades/modifications were done by him and the previous owner. I’ve used it as a daily driver since I bought it and it has been a great car. Here are the details:

Drivetrain:
    s50 swap
    3.5” HFM MAF
    24lb injectors
    Turner Motorsports chip
    No catalytic converter
    Magnaflow muffler
    Getrag 260 transmission
    Clutch: Unknown, but does not feel stock.
    Z3 1.9 shifter
    3.73 LSD
    OEM 16x8 Style 5 wheels with 215/45R16 Falken AZENIS RT615K (approximately 2,500 miles on them)
    Four 205/45R16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 in good condition (One with damaged sidewall) included

Suspension:
    Full e30 M3 suspension & brake swap
    Stainless steel braided brake lines
    Ireland Engineering Stage 3 race coils
    Bilstein Sport struts and shocks
    Aluminum rear strut mounts
    Polyurethane bushings throughout (unknown brand)

Interior:
    Black leather e30 M3 front seats
    Black perforated vinyl rear seat
    e30 M3 gauge cluster with e28 coding plug for tach
    370mm M-TECH II steering wheel, recently recovered in black leather with M color stitching
    5 speed ZHP weighted shift knob
    Crack free dash
    Fully functioning power windows and sunroof

Exterior:
    Alpine White (146)
    Euro bumpers
    Zender front and rear fascias
    DEPO smoked projector headlights with HID bulbs
    Genuine BMW “is” side skirts included, not installed

The mileage of the engine is unknown. I was told it had a little over 100K on it when I bought it and I’ve less than 10K on in since then (28.1 miles round trip to work, 5 days a week = 7,306 a year). It runs great, pulls hard and does not leak or drip. I have used Lubri Moly 10W-40 synthetic oil every 6 months/4000 miles.

This is a great car with a lot of potential. I believe the euro bumpers and Zender kit make this e30 visually unique. The paint and body work leave a lot to be desired and I had full intentions of a complete respray. There is no rust apart from a few surface rust spots where the paint and body has been damaged.

I’ve replaced a lot of little things since I bought it in an effort to clean it up and make the experience more enjoyable. Below is a list of parts I’ve replaced and receipts can sent if necessary. The car still has a ways to go before it wins any cosmetic awards, but it is a solid driver as is. Here are the known issues:

Drivetrain:
    Due to worn shifter components and a 10 degree tilt of the Getrag mated to the s50, shifting need a little finesse. The transmission never pops out of gear, but you need to get used to driving it before you are smooth and quick.

The A/C causes the engine to stumble when RPM’s drop. I’ve inspected and cleaned the ICV and replaced the temperature sending unit and water temp sensor in an effort to remedy this, but I have not succeeded.

Suspension:
    There is a slight klunking noise coming from the left rear when I go over the railroad crossing in my neighborhood. I’ve inspected everything about 15 times and can’t for the life of me figure out what it is.

Interior:
    The heater works intermittently. I’ve tried to put together some pattern of when it will and won’t produce warm air for the occupants, but I have been unsuccessful.

The A/C works and blows cold air, however it causes the engine to stumble at idle, so it can only be used reliably at higher RPM’s such as freeway and highway driving.

The engine oil pressure sensor was never hooked up after the engine swap, so the check panel light is always on.

The drivers side dome light doesn't work. I replaced the fixture, but that didn’t fix the problem.

Drivers side door squeaks loudly when opening.

The 13 button OBC button light is burned out. (Not the lightbar, that was replaced with a Garagistic LED)

Exterior:
    The front valence is slightly tweaked which causes the Zender front fascia and front bumper to be misaligned at the front left corner.

Both front fenders are damaged. A straight drivers side replacement fender is included in the sale.

The DEPO headlights have some damage to the glass and the left light adjuster knob is non-op.

Dents and dings on most body panels.

Paint is not peeling or fading, but the car would benefit from a respray.

Photos:

[

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 01-14-2016, 09:41 AM.

Bump for a great seller. I did most of the upgrades on this car, feel free to ask me any questions if Steve doesn't have the answer.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
    1989 325iC M50 Vert
    1989 325i Coupe
    1991 318is
    1995 318ti Club Sport
    2006 330i e90
    2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

are those wheels a redrill or do you have adapters?
      Lieben Sie Schlangen ?

Comment

Neither. The car has a full e30 m3 suspension swap so it's 5 bolt.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
        1989 325iC M50 Vert
        1989 325i Coupe
        1991 318is
        1995 318ti Club Sport
        2006 330i e90
        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

As Thad said, e30 M3 5 lug swap.

Thanks for fielding questions, Thad!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Nice looking car for the price! E30 M3 suspension and M3 cluster and Euro bumpers are a bonus for sure. GLWS!

Comment

Thank you sir! I was never a metal bumper kind of guy, but when I saw the euro bumpers on this e30, I was hooked. I had never seen an e30 in person with euro bumpers before and haven't since...

Comment

Bump for a solid baseline car with quality pieces and full disclosure. GLWS
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                  IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

NICE ride im in houston Im in the market but the car is a abour 6000 more than my max.
                    91 318is "under construction"
                    2007 328i - daily
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sketchkid View Post
                      NICE ride im in houston Im in the market but the car is a abour 6000 more than my max.
                      First Post and your thread crapping. Great post Noobie!
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I really like this car. I have pretty much the same car except it is late model and black coupe. But I like yours better. Good luck with your sale.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                          I really like this car. I have pretty much the same car except it is late model and black coupe. But I like yours better. Good luck with your sale.
                          Thank you. e30's are such great cars, you really ought to have two.....

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhite View Post
                            Thank you. e30's are such great cars, you really ought to have two.....
                            I agree. I have two. No room for three.
                            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Is S50 a Vanos or Non?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                              2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                              2008 Scion xB Lowered
                              2001 BMW 325i
                              1995 BMW 318ti
                              1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                              1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X