(AZ) 1990 s52 swap sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(AZ) 1990 s52 swap sedan

Hello everyone. Up for sell is my 1990 e30 s52 swap. I have been building this car over the years. I have never had a problem with the car and I have made many 1500 mile road trips and the car have never let me down. Pictures do not do justice of what the car really is and has to be seen in person.

The car:
    S52 Engine out of a 1999 M3 auto.
    Marketmotorwerks did all the engine wiring harness, ecu tune, and there motor mounts.
    5-speed trans from a 1999 M3.
    11.5 lb flywheel, with unsprung clutch and pressure plate.
    E46 arm rest conversion. Looks amazing and is so nice to have.
    Deleted side molding.
    M50 minifold swap
    aluminum radiator.
    New timing chain, and tensioners
    Rebuild vanos
    Polyurethane mounts, rear subframe and trailing arms, front control arms.
    Bilstein sport shocks all around
    Bavarian springs
    Front camber plates.
    XXR 530 rims, 17in by 8.25 with +25 offset.
    Front wheel spacers
    Kamotor standard flares.
    Michelin pilot super sport around 3000 miles on them
    Custom sub box with hertz high energy 12 with JL 750 hd amp.
    kenwood deck and hertz speakers and amp.
    Fresh fluids all around.
    Wheel stud conversion.
    New center support bearing and trans mounts.
    I know that I am missing stuff.
    Nick
    360 two one nine 6984
    PRICE: 9000 OBO.

I want to like this posting, I really do. I actually am a fan of this vehicle. It reminds me of when I was 16 and got my first e30. I wanted to delete the moulding, I wanted fender flares. The color reminds me of cosmosblau which was the color of paint I bought for my respray. I like the wood steering wheel even.

However I have my doubts about the posting. Seems this thing goes for sale once a year.

August 2014: This first listing on this forum seems legit, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=332550. OP worried about low ballers and asked forum for advice

However almost exactly one year later it went for sale again.

Last year tires only had 3000 miles, this time again 3000 miles.

If you read last years post there is also concern with a bogus wheel sale, but I give OP benefit of the doubt on that one.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this guy can't let go of his project. But to me it all seems a little fishy.

Nick, if this car is legit and this posting is for real I would seriously consider flying into AZ to pick this up. Its a very neat vehicle. All it lacks on my checklist is working A/C, unless you've fixed that since last year.
    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Can't sell your car if you do not answer the phone or messages....

Comment

Can't get text responses either. Maybe why this doesn't ever sell.
        West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
        ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
          I want to like this posting, I really do. I actually am a fan of this vehicle. It reminds me of when I was 16 and got my first e30. I wanted to delete the moulding, I wanted fender flares. The color reminds me of cosmosblau which was the color of paint I bought for my respray. I like the wood steering wheel even.

However I have my doubts about the posting. Seems this thing goes for sale once a year.

August 2014: This first listing on this forum seems legit, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=332550. OP worried about low ballers and asked forum for advice

However almost exactly one year later it went for sale again.

Last year tires only had 3000 miles, this time again 3000 miles.

If you read last years post there is also concern with a bogus wheel sale, but I give OP benefit of the doubt on that one.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this guy can't let go of his project. But to me it all seems a little fishy.

Nick, if this car is legit and this posting is for real I would seriously consider flying into AZ to pick this up. Its a very neat vehicle. All it lacks on my checklist is working A/C, unless you've fixed that since last year.

I registered solely to respond to this thread.

First, thank you for posting these past ads. As someone shopping for a swapped E30, this is incredibly helpful, and possibly prevented me from making a huge error. I owe you a beer.

Second, this car is being posted on ads all over CL. Meaning, in different states. My friend found it in Las Vegas, then someone on IG sent me a posting from Flagstaff. The plates look like CA, but the seller texted my friend and said he's in Washington.

Maybe he's just trying to reach out to as large a market as possible (makes sense), and hope he gets someone interested before telling them where the car is located?

But as a buyer, seeing big price fluctuations over the last two years, and the car going unsold, is odd.

I hope we're all wrong about this. With the exception of the wheel size, I like this car. But...:(

Comment

Strangest posting. Once a year and doesn't respond after a couple days each time.
            Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 04-09-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Thumbs up. Wont show license plate number but posts cell phone number on ad. Hmmm? GLWS... this time around.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I'm really thinking about buying this car, with the exception of a/c delete, it's everything I'm looking for in a swap

Comment

Working...
                X